作者:Fiona Roberton
適合年齡:6-10歲
朗讀者:Sarah Silverman
觀看時長:6 minutes
今天星寶和大家分享的是來自Fiona Roberton的故事繪本"A Tale of Two Beasts",故事分為兩個部分,分別以小女孩和小野獸的視角講述了他們眼裡的世界。這是一個引人深思的故事,告訴我們要從不同的角度看待問題。快來和星寶一起看看吧!
點擊觀看視頻"A Tale of Two Beasts"
I was walking home from Grandma's house,
我正從奶奶的家中走過,
through the deep dark woods,
穿過深深的黑暗樹林,
when I spied a strange little beast.
這時,我發現了一隻奇怪的小野獸。
He was stuck up a tree, and whining sadly.
他被困在樹上,悲傷地抱怨。
So I decided to rescue him!
所以我決定去救他!
"I will call you Fang!" I told him.
「你以後就叫Fang啦!」我告訴他。
I wrapped him warmly up in my scraft,
我熱情地把他包裹在圍巾裡,
and carried him safely home.
把他安全地帶回家。
I gave him a lovely bath,
我給他洗了個可愛的澡,
a gorgeous new hat and jumper,
戴上一頂漂亮的新帽子穿上毛衣,
a delicous bowl of fresh nuts.
裝了一碗新鮮的堅果。
I made him a beautiful house,
我給他做了一個漂亮的房子,
and gave him Lord Rex to play with.
並給了他Lord Rex一起玩。
I took him out for lots of long walkies
to keep him fit and healthy.
我帶他出去走了很長時間,以保持身體健康。
And I showed him off to ALL my friends,
who loved him nearly as much as I did.
然後我向所有朋友炫耀了他,
他們幾乎和我一樣愛他。
"OOOOOH!", "AWESOME!"
"AMAZING!", "SO SUTE!"
「哇嗚!」,「太棒了!」
「太神奇了!」,「太可愛了!」
But for some strange reason,
the little beast did not look very happy.
但是因為某些奇怪的原因,
這隻小野獸看起來不是很高興。
In fact, he was looking rather hot.
實際上,他看上去很熱。
"I hope he's not sick." I thought,
and I opened the window to cool him down.
「希望他沒有生病。」我想,
然後我打開窗戶讓他降溫。
He threw off his clothes,
leapt out of the window,
他脫下衣服,跳出窗外,
and ran away as fast as he could
back to the deep dark woods.
以最快的速度逃回到黑暗的樹林中。
"Feep, feep, feep, feep!"
(野獸叫聲)
I wanted to go look for him,
but Mama had other plans.
我想去找他,但是媽媽還有其他計劃。
"Dinnertime!" BLURGH!
「晚餐時間~」 啊!
"Bathtime!" UUURGH!
「洗澡時間~」 啊!
"Dedtime!" GRRRGH!
「睡覺時間~」啊!!
I couldn't sleep. I missed the little beast,
我完全睡不著,我很想念小野獸,
and wondered if I would ever see him again.
不知道還能不能再見到他。
But then a small furry shadow appeared
at the foot of my bed.
突然,我的床腳出現了一個毛茸茸的小影子。
The strange little beast had returned!
這個奇怪的小怪獸回來啦!
He seemed quite pleased to see me,
他似乎很高興見到我,
and I began to think that maybe,
just maybe...
我開始覺得,也許,也許...
He wasn't that strange after all.
他並沒有那麼奇怪。
I was hanging from my favorite tree,
我正倒掛在我最喜歡的樹上,
singing happily to the birds when...
高興地向鳥兒們唱著歌,突然...
I was ambushed by a terrible beast!
我被一個可怕的野獸伏擊了!
She growled at me, and tied me up,
她對我咆哮,把我綁起來,
and carried me off to her secret lair.
還把我帶到她的秘密巢穴。
She made me disgustinglyclean, gross!
她把我洗得異常乾淨,呃!好噁心!
She dressed me up in
a ridiculous hat and sweater,
她給我戴了一個荒謬的帽子,穿了一件毛衣,
and tried to make me eatsquirrel food.
Yuck!
甚至還讓我試著吃松鼠的食物,噁心!
She showed me off to a herd of
even wilder beasts,
她還向我展示了一群野獸,
who were just as terrible as she was.
他們和她一樣可怕。
I had had enough!
我受夠了!
I made a cunning plan,
and put it straight into action.
我制定了一個逃跑的計劃,並且要實現它!
a+ b = freedom, yes!
a+ b = 自由 ,耶!
I raced back to the deep dark woods,
before the terrible beast could catch me.
在那可怕的野獸抓住我之前,我衝回了黑暗的樹林。
It was peaceful in the deep dark woods.
森林非常的安靜。
Slience
寂靜...
And also, a bit wet.
還有一點潮溼。
The weather like this one could do
with a nice warm hat.
像這樣的天氣應該戴一頂溫暖的帽子。
I snuck back to retrieve it
under cover of darkness.
在黑暗的掩護下,我偷偷地溜回去找她。
She seemed quite pleased to see me,
她似乎很高興見到我,
and I began to think that maybe,
just maybe...
我開始覺得,或許,或許...
She wasn't that terrible after all.
她並沒有那麼可怕。
There are a thousand Hamlets
in a thousand people's eyes.
有一千個讀者就有一千個哈姆雷特。
學會從不同的角度看待世界,
或許你會收穫別樣的風景。
小朋友們,
看完這個小故事,
#你能參照身邊的一個事物,
說說它有哪些不同的面嗎?#
趕緊在評論區分享你的想法吧!
Today a Reader, Tomorrow a Leader.