1.
Alas! and did my Savior bleed,
痛哉!為何我主淌血?
and did my Sovereign die!
我主為何犧牲?
Would he devote that sacred head
甘願捨命,獻身十架,
for sinners such as I?
竟為救我這樣的人?
At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light,我得見主恩光,2.
Was it for crimes that I have done,
是否因我罪惡過犯,
he groaned upon the tree?
救主釘身苦架?
Amazing pity! Grace unknown!
恩典奇異!主愛莫測!
And love beyond degree!
超乎我心所想!
At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light,我得見主恩光,
3.
Well mightthe sun in darkness hide,
陽光中正,變得昏暗,
and shut its glories in,
亮光突然失去,
when God, the mighty maker,
創造之主,大能基督
died for his own creature's sin.
擔當人類罪惡。
4.
Thus might I hide my blushing face
我感不配,慚愧深咎,
while his dear cross appears;
每當仰望十架。
dissolve my heart in thankfulness,
內心充滿感恩,
and melt mine eyes to tears.
我淚水湧流。
At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light,我得見主恩光,
5.
But dropsof tears can ne'er repay
我雖淚流,仍感虧欠,
the debt of love I owe.
負我主寶貴救恩。
Here, Lord, I give myself away;
今我擺上,獻於恩主,
'tis all that I can do.
惟有盡心相報。