Pirate Pete and the Monster
海盜皮特和怪物
Q:
Why did Pete and Beaky want to go to the island?
為什麼皮特和比克想要去那座小島呢?
A:
Because they ...
因為他們.
Pete was a pirate.
皮特是一個海盜。
He had a parrot called Beaky.
他有一隻鸚鵡,名叫比克。
Pete had a big pirate ship.
皮特有一艘很大的海盜船。
One day the wind blew and blew.
一天,海風嗚嗚的吹起來。
Up and down went the ship.
海盜船在海浪裡上下顛簸。
Up and down went Pete.
皮特被拋起來又摔下去。
Up and down went Beaky.
比克也被拋起來又摔下去。
Pete could not sleep.
皮特沒有辦法入睡。
Beaky could not sleep.
比克也沒有辦法入睡。
"I want to get off this ship," said Pete.
皮特說:「我要離開這艘船。」
Pete got a telescope.
皮特拿來一個望遠鏡。
"What can you see?" said Beaky.
「你看見什麼了?」比克問道。
"I can see a big wave," said Pete.
皮特說:「我看見了一個巨大的海浪。」
"What can you see now," said Beaky.
比克又問:「現在你看見什麼了呢?」
"I can see a little island," said Pete.
皮特說:「我看見了一座小島。」
"We could sleep on the island," said Pete.
皮特說:「我們可以在小島上睡覺。」
"I could sleep in a tree," said Beaky.
比克說:「我可以睡在樹上。」
Pete jumped on to the island.
皮特跳到小島上。
Beaky went too.
比克跟了上去。
"I like it here," said Pete.
皮特說:「我喜歡這裡。」
"I don't like it here," said Beaky.
比克說:「我不喜歡這裡。」
"Help!" said Beaky. "This is not a little island. It is a big monster!"
「救命啊!」比克說,「這不是一座小島,這是一個大怪物!」
"Thundering cannonballs" said Pete.
皮特說:「噢,見鬼!」
故事選自《培生兒童英語分級閱讀 Level 2》(共20本)Do you like to play on the see-saw?
你認為傑絲是不是一個淘氣的女孩?
Yes, I do. / No, I don't.
是的。/不,我不認為。
購買原版圖書登陸當當網海豚傳媒官方旗艦店
點擊下方閱讀原文聽更多培生繪本
Esther讀繪本《培生兒童英語分級閱讀(一級)》已在喜馬拉雅上線!
搜索「Read英語小鎮」即可關注收聽。