Hello and welcome to The English We Speak with me, Feifei…
大家好,歡迎來到BBC《地道英語》,我是菲菲。
…and me, Roy.
我是羅伊。
We may sound a little different – that's because we are not able to record in our normal studios during the coronavirus outbreak.
我們可能聽起來與以往有些不同,這是因為在新冠肺炎疫情爆發期間,我們無法在平時的錄音間錄製節目。
In this programme, we have a word that is used to say when someone is upset over something minor or trivial.
本期節目中,我們要講一個詞,用來表示當某人為一些小事或瑣事而感到不安的時候。
Speaking of which, you got really upset when the vending machine didn't have any of those sweets you like this morning!
說到這裡,今天早上自動售貨機沒有你喜歡的糖果時,你真的好生氣呀!
I really like 'unicorn truffles' – you have no idea how good they are.
我真的喜歡「獨角獸松露」,你不知道它們多好吃。
It ruined my day!
它毀了我的一天!
Everyone likes 'unicorn truffles', but there's no need to get overly upset about it – they're just sweets!
每個人都喜歡「獨角獸松露」,但是沒有必要對此過於不滿,他們只是甜食而已!
You were so salty this morning!
今天早上你太「salty」了!
What do you mean salty? You mean I was sweaty? I sweat when I get stressed.
「salty」是什麼意思?你是說我出汗了?壓力大的時候我會出汗。
No, Roy. 'Salty' means you got upset over nothing.
不是的,羅伊。「salty」意味著你因為一些無關緊要的東西不高興。
They're just sweets. If you're that desperate for them, you should go to the supermarket before work like I did.
他們只是糖果。如果你那麼想吃,你應該像我一樣在上班前去趟超市。
Wait, you've got some 'unicorn truffles'!?
等等,你有「獨角獸松露」!?
Can I have one, please?
我能要一塊嗎?
You can have one, and only one.
你可以吃一塊,只一塊。
Anyway, let's listen to these examples…
不管怎樣,讓我們來聽一聽下面的例子。
She was so salty when she lost the board game.
她輸了棋盤遊戲的時候非常生氣。
It's really not that important.
其實沒那麼重要。
He was so salty yesterday when nobody wanted to go to lunch with him.
昨天沒人想和他一起去吃午飯,他特別不高興。
I'm sorry – it was a bad joke, but there's no need to get salty about it!
我很抱歉,這是個糟糕的玩笑, 不過,沒必要對此生氣!
This is The English We Speak from BBC Learning English and we're talking about the word 'salty' – and now Roy, you're salty because I won't give you more sweets!
歡迎收聽BBC《地道英語》,我們討論的是「salty」這個詞,你這麼不開心是因為我不會再給你糖了!
Feifei, you have a bag full of 'unicorn truffles'!
菲菲,你有一個裝滿「獨角獸松露」的袋子!
You could open a sweet shop you have that many!
你有那麼多,可以開一家糖果店了!
So, I'm not being salty.
所以,我不是很生氣。
I don't think it's unreasonable to be upset that you won't give me one more sweet!
我不認為你再給我一塊是不合理的!
Fine, but only because I'm a nice person!
好吧,但只是因為我是個好人!
Talking about being salty, did you see Rob this morning?
說到不開心,你今早見到羅伯了嗎?
Yes!
是!
Why was he so angry?! I saw him hitting the keyboard!
他為什麼這麼生氣?!我看見他敲鍵盤了!
He was so angry with you, Feifei.
他很生你的氣,菲菲。
Haha that's because I unplugged his computer!
哈哈,那是因為我拔了他的電腦插頭!
He couldn't turn it on!
他打不開電腦了!
So, when I told him that I'd done it as a joke, he got really salty.
所以,當我告訴他我是開玩笑的時候,他很不高興。
Hahah you’re the best, Feifei!
哈哈,你是最棒的,菲菲!
You love playing practical jokes on people.
你愛開些「實際」的玩笑。
Well, I need to go back to the desk.
我得回座位上去了。
Wait?! I can't move!
等等?!我動不了了!
I'm stuck to the chair!
我粘在椅子上了!
Yes!
是的!
I know.
我知道呀。
I put lots of superglue on your chair before you sat down!
在你坐下之前,我在你的椅子上塗了很多強力膠!
Don't get salty about it!
別因為這不高興了!
Here have a couple of 'unicorn truffles' to cheer you up!
這裡有幾個「獨角獸塊菌」讓你高興高興!
Thanks Feifei, but I really need to go back to work.
謝謝菲菲,但我真的得回去工作了。
Can you get me off this chair, please?
你能把我從這椅子上弄下來嗎?
Bye, Roy.
再見呀,羅伊。
Bye.
再見。
英文來源:BBC Learning English