別人找你借錢,你可能首先想到「I have no money.」這樣的英文表達,雖然老外也可能聽得懂,但是,「我沒錢」確實不是這樣說的,關於有錢沒錢的一些英語表達,我們看下!
1.?I’m broke. /?I’m skint.?
這兩句可比「I have no money.」地道多了。broke有破產的意思,skint則更為直接,都表示我沒錢了,身無分文,一貧如洗的意思。
I can’t go to the movies – I’m broke.
我不能去看電影了,我現在一貧如洗。
I can’t come to the restaurant as I’m skint this week.
我不能下館子了,這周我就是個窮光蛋。
2. I’m loaded. / I’m rich.
一般情況下,人們也不太會說I have a lot of money,但是,如果要表達這層意思,很簡單,就說I am loaded. loaded表示有錢的,富有的,來自俚語。
What are your superpowers? – I’m rich.
你的超能力是什麼來著?– 我很有錢。
3. 有關錢的其他短語
wrong change = 找錯錢
Give someone the wrong change 給某人找錯錢
The cashier gave me the wrong change. I gave her 10 dollars to pay for a $5.00 book, and she only gave me 2 dollars back.
收銀員給我找錯錢了。我買了5美元一本的書,給了她10美元,但她只給我找了2美元。
too much change = 多找錢
give someone too much change 給某人多找了
If a cashier gives you too much change, you』d better give it back.
如果收銀員給你多找錢了,最好還回去。
short change = 少找錢
I think I was shortchanged in the restaurant, because I』ve only got $10 in my wallet when I should have $20 .
我感覺飯店給我少找錢了,因為我錢包裡只有10美元,本來應該還有20的呀。
或者
not give someone enough change = 少找錢
He did not give enough change, and people did not notice.
他沒有找夠錢,人們也沒有注意到。
loose change = 零錢、散錢
I have some loose change in my pocket. I』ll use it to buy something in the vending machine.
我口袋裡有些零錢,我準備拿去自動售貨機上買些東西。
price difference = 差價
There’s always a big price difference between a new car and a used car.
新車和二手車的價格總是有很大的差別。