Narrator: Welcome back to English at University - the series that teaches some English phrases to help you through your first year of study abroad.
歡迎回到「校園英語」欄目——這個系列欄目會教給你一些在國外留學第一年用得上的實用句型。
. . . . . .
It's the most important time of the day – dinner time – time for some grub – I mean food - and Mary's gone to the canteen with Abi but Mary's hasn't quite worked out the system for getting what she wants.
到了一天中最重要的時刻——晚餐時間——該吃點兒東西了——我是說吃飯——瑪麗已經和艾比到了餐廳,但是瑪麗還不太明白怎麼樣能找到自己想吃的東西。
Abi: Some of that… and some of that. Ooo, and a bit of that…
來點這個……來點那個。哦,再來點兒那個……
Mary: Gosh, that's a lot of food Abi.
天吶,艾比,你吃的可真不少。
Abi: Yeah but you can eat as much as you like here – it's the same price – so go on, fill your boots!
沒錯,但是在這裡你可以想吃多少吃多少——價格都一樣——所以去吧,請自便吧!
I'll see you over at the table.
我在桌子那邊等你。
Mary: Fill my boots?
自便?
Narrator: She means eat a lot!
她的意思是多吃點!
Abi may be pigging out on lots of food but you don't have to.
艾比能吃很多東西,但是你沒必要這麼幹。
Do you need some help Mary?
你需要什麼幫助嗎,瑪麗?
Mary: Yes please.
是的,我需要。
I can't remember where anything is – and I'm a vegetarian but the food labels are so confusing.
我記不清楚東西都在哪——而且我是素食主義,但是這些餐牌太不明確了。
Narrator: Don't worry.
別擔心。
Before you tuck in to a vegetarian meal, just ask 'can you tell me which food is suitable for vegetarians? '
在你開始你的素食大餐之前,只需要去問問「你能告訴我哪些食物是適合素食主義者的嗎?」
Or 'has this got meat in it? '
或者是「這裡面有肉嗎?」
And then when you want to find stuff like the cutlery – the knives and forks – just ask 'where can I find… '
還有,當你要找刀具——餐刀餐叉——的時候,就說「我在哪能找到……?」
Or 'do you have any… ? '
或者「你有……嗎?」
Go on give it a go.
去吧,試試看。
Mary: OK then.
好的。
Excuse me, can you tell me if you have any food suitable for vegetarians… please?
打擾一下,請問你能告訴我哪些食物適合素食主義者吃嗎?
Dinner lady: Dunno… have we got any veggie stuff?
不知道……我們有素菜嗎?
Well there's the spaghetti bolognaise over there.
那邊有些肉醬意粉。
Mary: Ermm… has that got meat in it?
額……裡面有肉嗎?
Dinner lady: Well a little bit.
有一點。
Prof. Not: Hi Mary… looking for something veggie?
嗨,瑪麗……你在找素菜嗎?
I'd recommend the lentil dal over there… delicious… a real taste of Asia.
我推薦那邊的扁豆……很好吃……純正亞洲風味。
Mary: Thanks Professor.
謝謝你,教授。
But what are you doing here?
但是你在這裡幹嘛?
Prof. Not: Well err… my wife… Mrs Not… likes me to eat out sometimes… since I… err… not to worry.
額……我太太……納特夫人……有的時候喜歡讓我在外面吃……因為我……額……不用擔心。
Dinner lady: Right, anything else?
還要什麼?
I just need your meal ticket.
我需要你的餐票。
No, that's a blue one… for breakfast… you need a red one for dinner.
不,這是藍色的……早餐用……晚餐要用紅色的。
Prof. Not: Allow me… I have a spare ticket… there you go.
讓我來……我這有多餘的一張……給你。
Mary: Thanks.
非常感謝。
Mary: Now, where do I find the knives and forks? - Prof. Not: Just over here. Oh no, it's that idiot Daniel.
- 瑪麗:我去哪找刀叉?就在這。- 納特教授:哦,不,是那個白痴丹尼爾。
Daniel: Hello Mary, Professor Not… can I join you, tell you about my business idea?
你好,瑪麗,納特教授……我能加入你們嗎?要跟你們聊聊我的商業理念。
I got the idea from your book… look… ooops…
我從你的書中想到了這個觀點……聽著……哦……
Prof. Not: Oh You idiot! Now I have lentil dal all over my suit – what will Mrs Not say?
哦,你個白痴!現在我衣服上全是扁豆——我夫人會說什麼?
Mary: Oh dear.
哦天吶。
Excuse me, do you have any serviettes?
打擾一下,你們有餐巾嗎?
. . . . . . Narrator: What a mess!
真是亂作一團!
Daniel has certainly left his mark on Professor Not but at least Mary has managed to find her way around the canteen.
丹尼爾一定給納特教授留下了深刻印象,但是至少瑪麗學著在餐廳裡熟悉了路。
Here are some of the phrases she used…
她用了這幾種句型……
Excuse me, can you tell me if you have any food suitable for vegetarians please?
不好意思,請問你能告訴我哪些食物適合素食者吃嗎?
Has this got meat in it?
這裡面有肉嗎?
Where can I find… ?
我在哪能找到……?
Do you have any… ?
你有……嗎?
You can practice these phrases, pick up a few more plus learn some top tips for studying in the UK on our website at BBC Learning English. com.
你可以練習這些句型,登錄BBC Learning English.com可以查閱更多相關句型,並且了解在英國學習的相關知識。
Now, back to dinner – and Daniel won't be stuffing himself with food – he's got some clearing up to do.
現在,回到晚餐——丹尼爾一定沒在吃飯——他得打掃衛生。
Daniel: Ah so sorry about that… if I just scrape this bit off… err you'll be fine.
啊,實在太抱歉了……我來把這點擦掉……額,你會沒事的。
Prof. Not: So what was your 'business idea'?
那麼你的「商業理念」是什麼?
Dry cleaning perhaps?
大概是乾洗吧?
- Daniel: No… it was an idea to… - Prof. Not: Never mind.
- 丹尼爾:不,是關於……- 納特教授:無所謂了。
See you at tomorrow's lecture.
明天上課見。
It starts at 10am sharp. Goodbye.
上課是在10點整。再見。
Mary: Oh dear Daniel.
哦,丹尼爾。
Would you like to share my food? !