若把 get on nerves 翻譯成爬上神經,你自己想想都會笑。短語動詞 get on 單獨使用時,其中一個意思為「進展,進步「,例如:
He's getting on very well at school.
他在學校學得很好。
How did you get on at the interview?
你面試的情況怎麼樣?
但是當它後面接 nervers,不能直接翻譯成」神經進展或是爬上神經「,它是一個習語,可以意為」使…煩惱;使…心煩「,寓意:
tick someone off
惹惱某人
being annoying for someone
為某人煩惱
to become unbearable for someone
使某人無法忍受
to irritate someone to a great extent
在很大程度上激怒某人
to bother and distract someone during work
在工作中打擾或分散某人的注意力
例如:
Put your mobile phone in a silent mode - its loud ringtone is getting on my nerves.
把你的手機置於靜音模式-它的響亮鈴聲讓我心煩。
Stop laughing! You are getting on my nerves.
別笑了!你讓我很不安。
Tom’s idea to go swimming on the dirty beach was pathetic. He is getting on my nerves.
湯姆去骯髒的海灘遊泳的想法很可悲。他讓我很不安。
It used to get on my nerves when I saw someone sleeping during the working hours.
以前我看到有人在工作時間睡覺,我就很緊張。
Whenever I go to study my younger sister starts getting on my nerves by crying so loud.
每當我去學習的時候,我妹妹總是哭得太大聲,這讓我很不安。
可想而知,學習習語的重要性,不然把 get on nerves 翻譯成爬上神經,會讓人哭笑不得啊,本來可能是令人煩躁不安的事,被你這麼一翻譯,一下子神清氣爽。