筆記:
1.rose:玫瑰 可直接用來形容美麗的鋁孩,尤其是那種內外兼修的女神!
All in all a remarkably beautiful individual inside and out!!
That girl is so nice! She must be a Rose!
那個女孩子好好啊!真是個女神!
Man, I gotta get me a Rose...
夥計,我真的要找個好鋁孩!
a bed of roses:a luxurious situation; an easy life.
稱心如意的境遇,安樂窩
Who said life would be a bed of roses?
誰說生活就是一帆風順的?
If I had a million bucks, I would be in a bed of roses.
要是我有一百萬刀,那我就會過的很舒適了。
be no bed of roses:To be a challenging and unpleasant situation.
不盡如人意,困難的境況。
Of course that project is no bed of roses.
這個項目確實很困難。
Being around my ex-boyfriend is no bed of roses.
看到我前男友在身邊晃蕩真是太煩了!
come up roses: Turn out extremely well.
形容某事的開頭雖然不盡人意,但是漸入佳境,進展順利。
I had my doubts about this project, but now it's coming up roses.
我本來對這個項目表示懷疑,但是現在漸入佳境了。
2.daisy:雛菊
be (as) fresh as a daisy:To be eager and enthusiastic, typically after some refreshing activity.
精神飽滿,容光煥發。
After getting some sleep, I was as fresh as a daisy.
睡了一覺後我又精神飽滿了!
Now that I've showered, I'm fresh as a daisy!
洗完澡我就容光煥發咯!
be pushing up (the) daisies:slang To be dead and buried. (Usually in the future tense.)
死,掛了。通常用於將來時態。
I'll be pushing up daisies before this problem is solved.
這個問題還沒解決我可能就掛了。
If you talk to me like that again, you'll be pushing up the daisies.
如果你再像剛才那樣和我講話,你就死定了。
You'll be pushing up daisies when mom finds out that you dented her brand-new car.
要是你娘發現你把她新車颳了,你就死定了。
3.violet:紫羅蘭
shrinking violet:An extremely shy person 害羞靦腆的人
She was a shrinking violet until she went away to college.
直到她去上大學前她都是個超級害羞的鋁孩。