作者:小雅和英美友人
安慰哭泣的寶寶-小雅女兒和美國朋友語音示範
02:18來自你和寶寶說英語
◆ 安慰寶寶的五大技巧- 技巧一:提前給寶寶預期,做好鋪墊。- 技巧二:用I'm afraid等語氣比較柔和的詞語。- 技巧三:認可寶寶的觀點。- 技巧四:說don't cry時語氣要溫柔,加上please。- 技巧五:有補救方案才是最有效的安慰。◆ 取消了、泡湯了,本來還打算......這些英文怎麼說?◆ Now不是「現在」嗎,還能用來安慰別人?
Mom: Honey, can you sit down for a minute?
媽媽:親愛的,你能坐會兒嗎?
I have some good news and some bad news to share with you.
我有一些好消息和一些壞消息要告訴你。
技巧一:用good news和bad news開場,提前給寶寶預期,做好鋪墊。
Child: Okay.
寶寶:好的。
What's the bad news?
壞消息是什麼?
Mom: The bad news is that because of all the germs that are making people sick this year,
媽媽:壞消息是因為今年那些讓人們生病的病菌,
we won't be able to have your friends come to the house for your birthday party.
咱們不能讓你的朋友來家裡參加你的生日派對了。
Child: None of them?
寶寶:一個都不行嗎?
Mom: No, I'm afraid not.
媽媽:是的,恐怕不行。
技巧二:用I'm afraid等語氣比較柔和的詞語。
Child: But that's not fair.
寶寶:但是這不公平。
We were going to dress up and play games and eat cake.
我們本來還打算扮裝、玩遊戲、吃蛋糕呢。
Mom: I know it's not fair.
媽媽:我知道不公平。
I wish I didn't have to cancel your party,
我也希望不需要取消你的派對。
技巧三:認可寶寶的觀點,並表明和寶寶的立場是一致的。
but we don't want people to get sick.
但是咱們不希望有人生病。
Child: What if we wash our hands a lot and wear masks?
寶寶:如果我們勤洗手,而且戴口罩呢?
Mom: That wouldn't be enough, sweetie.
那樣不夠的,親愛的。
Please don't cry.
別哭了。
技巧四:說don't cry時語氣要溫柔,加上please。
I haven't told you the good news yet.
我還沒告訴你好消息呢。
Child: There isn't any good news.
寶寶:不會有好消息了。
My birthday is ruined.
我的生日都泡湯了。
Mom: Now, now, that's not true.
媽媽:好了,好了,不是這樣的。
兩個now連在一起,不是「現在」的意思,而是既可以表責罵,也可以表安慰,要看語境和語氣。表安慰時相當於there, there-好了,好了。
You're still going to dress up and play games and eat cake with mommy and daddy.
你還是要和爸爸媽媽一起扮裝、玩遊戲、吃蛋糕。
技巧五:有補救方案才是最有效的安慰。
Child: Can we play music?
寶寶:咱們能放音樂嗎?
Mom: Absolutely.
媽媽:當然。
No party is complete without music.
沒有音樂的派對是不完整的。
Now go rinse off your face with some cool water.
現在去用涼水衝衝臉,
Child: Okay. I washed my face.
寶寶:好了。我洗完臉了。
I'm ready to have a good birthday now.
我已經準備好過一個愉快的生日了。
Mom: Good! Now look at this delicious cake I have for you.
媽媽:好的!現在看看我給你準備的這個美味蛋糕。
Dad is going to light the candles,
爸爸來點蠟燭,
then we're going to sing "Happy Birthday".
然後我們一起唱《生日歌》。
Are you ready?
你準備好了嗎?
Happy birthday to you,
祝你生日快樂,
Happy birthday to you,
祝你生日快樂,
Happy birthday to ...
祝......生日快樂!
Happy birthday to you!
祝你生日快樂!
Child: Did you see that?
寶寶:你們看見了嗎?
I blew out all the candles.
我把蠟燭都吹滅了。
Mom: I did.
媽媽:看到了。
Good job!
真棒!
I hope your wish comes true.
祝你實現願望。
Which slice of cake would you like?
你要哪塊蛋糕?
Child: The corner piece, please.
寶寶:角上這塊。
I love icing.
我喜歡糖霜。
Mom: Me too.
媽媽:我也是。
After we finish our cake,
咱們吃完蛋糕以後,
do you want to play a board game?
你想玩個棋類遊戲嗎?
Child: Yes.
寶寶:想。
This has been a great birthday.
這是個很棒的生日。
Thank you!
謝謝你!