嘿,歡迎來到Life Noggin!
Hey there, welcome to Life Noggin!
你最喜歡的夢是什麼?
What's your favorite kind of dream?
你可以飛的夢?
One where you can fly?
你中了彩票的夢?
One where you've won the lottery?
有些人可以把夢控制成他們想要的樣子,但是怎麼做到的呢?
Some people can manipulate their dreams into what they want them to be, but how?
一般而言
Generally speaking,
夢是我們睡覺時腦中敘述的經歷
dreams are narrative experiences that occur while we're sleeping,
通常發生在快速眼動睡眠時期
often during REM sleep.
你可能聽說過清明夢
You may have heard of lucid dreaming.
通常來說清明夢就是
General lucid dreaming is
做夢的時候你知道自己在做夢
when you know you're dreaming while it's happening.
一些做過清明夢的人甚至說
Some lucid dreamers even say
他們能控制他們的夢!
they can control their dreams!
大約有一半的人都在某些時候做過清明夢
About half the population has reached general lucid dreaming at some point,
但要有意地做清明夢並不那麼容易
but it's not that easy to intentionally do.
那麼,怎麼能訓練大腦去做清明夢,甚至控制它們呢?
So, how can you train your brain to have lucid dreams and even control them?
不可能說有什麼東西就一定能產生清明夢
It's impossible to say that one thing or another will definitely produce lucid dreams
但是一些專家和做過清明夢的人已經提供了一些方法來誘導它們
but some experts and lucid dreamers have provided some tips to try to induce them.
他們說,給夢做日記可以幫助你實現清醒夢
They say that dream journals could help you achieve a lucid dream state.
記錄下你的夢
Keep track of what you dream about
在你的筆記中尋找反覆出現的對象、人物和地點
and look out for recurring objects, people and places in your notes.
一旦你能夠辨認它們
Once you've identified them,
你也許能夠有意識地在你的夢中認出這些事物
you may be able to consciously recognize these elements within your dreams.
你可以試著讓你的大腦在睡覺前告訴自己這些信號
You can try to prep your mind to recognize these signs by telling yourself before bed,
「下次我看到什麼的時候,我就會意識到我在做夢」
「The next time I see 'blank', I will realize that I'm dreaming.」
你也可以增加你做清明夢的機會
You may also be able to increase your chances of lucid dreaming
只要你每天都做一個精神檢查:「我醒了嗎?」
as you go about your day by doing a mental check of, 「Am I awake?」
這將鼓勵你的潛意識在夢中做同樣的事情
This will encourage your subconscious mind to do the same while you're dreaming,
提高你做清明夢的可能性
increasing your likelihood of having a lucid dream.
事實上,最近的一項研究表明,在169名參與者中
In fact, in a recent study, out of 169 participants,
大約17%的人能夠做清明夢
around 17 percent of them were able to have a lucid dream
通過在試驗期間使用多種方法
during the trial period using a combination of methods.
那麼,在清明夢中會發生什麼呢?
So, what happens in a lucid dream?
好吧,首先你在夢中要充分意識到你在做夢
Well, it begins by you becoming fully aware that you're dreaming while you're dreaming.
除了意識到你的夢境中的徵象
Other than recognizing your dream signs,
這種情況可以以多種方式發生
this can happen in a variety of ways.
例如,在夢境中閱讀是非常困難的
For example, reading is apparently surprisingly hard in dreams.
做清明夢的人說,你可以試圖讀一個標誌
Lucid dreamers say you may try to read a sign,
如果看到那些詞混亂了
see that the words are jumbled
你就能意識到你一定是在做夢
and realize that you must be dreaming,
否則你就能讀懂標誌了
otherwise you'd be able to read them.
做清明夢的人也說
Lucid dreamers also say
當你在夢中注意到一些不可能發生的
it can happen when you notice something impossible
或是超出正常範圍的事情時,你也能意識到
or out of the ordinary in your dream…
例如你看到一隻狗在講電話
like if you see a dog talking on a cell phone.
一些做清明夢的人甚至聲稱自己能夠控制
Some lucid dreamers even claim to be able to control
周圍的環境、自己行為和別人的行為
their surroundings, their actions and actions of others within their dreams.
研究發現做清明夢的人
Studies have found that lucid dreamers
在清明夢中的睡眠質量比平常更好
are more coherent in lucid dreams than in regular sleep
而且他們大腦中某些頻率的活動增加了!
and that they exhibit increased activity in certain frequencies within the brain!
與自我反省和自我評估相關聯的大腦區域會點亮
The areas of the brain associated with self-reflection and self-assessment light up.
真是瘋狂,對吧?
It's wild, right?
科學家甚至稱清明夢是一種「意識的混合狀態」
Scientists have even called lucid dreaming a 「hybrid state of consciousness」
顯示了整個大腦網絡的增強
that exhibits an increase in networking throughout the brain.
所以清明夢絕對是真實存在的
So lucid dreaming is definitely a real thing.
除了做心理上的準備之外,還有其他一些方法可以影響你的夢
Other than mental prep, there are a few more ways to influence your dreams.
一項研究發現,如果你在睡覺時聞到了一些好聞的東西,比如玫瑰
One study found that if you smell something nice, like roses, while you're sleeping,
你更有可能會做積極正面的夢
you're more likely to have positive dreams,
如果聞到臭雞蛋的可怕味道則相反
versus the horrible smell of rotten eggs,
這會引發更多消極負面的夢
which prompted more negative dreams.
研究也發現
Studies have also found that
低電流的電刺激能誘導清明夢
low-current electrical stimulation is capable of inducing lucid dreams.
一些企業已經從中發現了商機
Businesses have jumped on this idea,
當你睡覺的時候,你可以用它來刺激大腦
creating headbands that electrically stimulate the brain while you sleep.
但專家們對此還是持觀望態度
Experts are reluctant though,
因為目前還不清楚這種刺激對大腦其他區域的影響
because it's unclear what effect this stimulation has on other areas of the brain.
除了在你的夢中玩耍之外
Aside from playing around with your dreams for fun,
控制夢境對治療創傷後精神障礙和創傷後噩夢是非常有益的
controlling your dreams can be very beneficial for dealing with PTSD and post-traumatic nightmares.
通過掌控這些夢
By mastering these dreams,
創傷後應激障礙患者在清醒狀態下會更有安全感
PTSD survivors feel safer in their awake state
減少噩夢、焦慮和病理性重現
and have less nightmares, anxiety and flashbacks.
如果你有能力控制你的夢境
If you were able to control your dreams,
你想要夢到什麼?
what would you want to dream about?
在評論中告訴我們吧!
Let us know in the comments!