作者:小雅和英美友人
吃西瓜-小雅女兒和美國朋友語音示範
01:58來自你和寶寶說英語
◆ 西瓜「熟透了」,英文怎麼說?◆ 一直吃到最底下白的那兒,如何表達?◆ 西瓜吃多了會肚子疼、拉肚子,怎麼說?
Eating a Watermelon 吃西瓜
Mom: It's so hot today.
媽媽:今天太熱了。
Shall we take the watermelon out of the fridge and eat it?
咱們把西瓜從冰箱裡拿出來吃怎麼樣?
Child: Hooray!
寶寶:好耶!
I love cold watermelon!
我喜歡冰鎮西瓜!
Mom: Let me cut it into slices.
媽媽:我把它切成一牙一牙的。
I'll go do it in the kitchen
我去廚房切,
since the watermelon will be very juicy
因為西瓜會出很多汁兒,
and might leak all over the table.
會流一桌子的。
Child: Okay! Who gets the first slice?
寶寶:好的!誰吃第一塊啊?
Mom: We might let Grandpa have the first slice
媽媽:咱們讓爺爺吃第一塊吧,
since he is older.
因為他年長。
Child: Okay.
寶寶:好的。
Mom: Here's the watermelon.
媽媽:西瓜來了。
The watermelon is perfectly ripe and good for eating.
這瓜熟透了,現在吃正好。
Take a bite.
嘗一口。
Make sure to eat almost all the way down,
一定要差不多吃到最底下,
until the flesh gets pale.
到肉變白的這塊。
Flesh 瓤、果肉。
You don't want to waste any of that precious watermelon.
別浪費寶貴的西瓜。
But you don't want to eat the rind -- the green part.
但是別吃皮——綠的這部分。
西瓜、哈密瓜等的厚皮叫rind。
Child: So tasty and sweet!
寶寶:真好吃、真甜!
Mom: The black ones are its seeds.
媽媽:黑色的是籽兒。
Don't chew or swallow them.
別嚼也別咽。
Spit them out.
把它們吐掉。
However, you can eat or spit out the white seeds.
但是,白籽兒吃了吐了都行。
Child: If I swallow a seed, will a watermelon really grow in my tummy?
寶寶:把籽兒咽到肚子裡真會長西瓜嗎?
Mom: No, that's made-up.
媽媽:不,是瞎編的。
But try not to swallow any.
但是儘量不要咽。
I'll pick out the seeds
我把籽挑出來,
and cut some small pieces for your little sister to eat.
切點小塊的給你妹妹吃。
Child: Oops! I got juice on the table.
寶寶:哎呦!我把汁兒弄到桌子上了。
Mom: Hold on just a moment
媽媽:稍等一下,
while I get some paper towels to clean up all this juice.
我去拿廚房紙把汁兒擦了。
Child: Can I have some more?
寶寶:我能再吃點嗎?
Mom: I know you like it,
媽媽:我知道你喜歡吃,
but your tummy will hurt if you eat too much.
但是吃多了會肚子疼的。
You might also get a runny tummy.
你可能還會拉肚子的。
Child: Okay, Mommy.
寶寶:好的,媽媽。