The one commodity that is most valuable on this earth is time.
世界上最有價值的東西就是時間了。
Time to love, time to live. From the moment the human body is born it begins dying.
時間讓我們可以去愛去活著。人從出生的那一刻起,就開始邁向死亡了。
I don't think you, you quite caught that. Let me say it again. From the moment the human body is born it begins dying.
你可能還不懂這句話的意義。再說一次,人從出生的那一刻起,就開始邁向死亡了。
Some happen faster, some happen slower, some of us help them go faster,
有時死亡來得早,有時來得慢,有時有人會主動加快這個過程,
and some of them prevent it from happening sooner than later.
而有的人則會努力防止它來得太早。
How many seconds how many minutes do we waste every day doing things,
我們每天會浪費多少分、多少秒,在無關緊要的事情上?
that are nowhere near the goals, and aspiration and passion that we have inside?
而這些無關緊要的事,與我們內在的志向、目標、熱情毫不相干。
How many times you go through the course of a day and realize:
你有多少次過完一整天后,才驚訝地發現:
did I do anything I set out to do today? Write down those goals each and every day.
我做了今天本來計劃要做的事嗎?寫下你每天的目標。
No matter if there’s two goals a day.
就算只有兩個目標也沒關係,
If you can accomplish those then you're doing more than just making it through the day.
只要你能把它們完成,就比你什麼都沒做就過了一天更好。
You are living and achieving your dreams. Find time to better yourself.
你活著就要為了實現你的夢想而努力。花時間成為那個更好的自己。
Read, explore, research, live life do things, you've never thought of doing before. That's what it's all about.
閱讀、探索世界、享受人生,去挑戰那些你從未經歷過的事情。那才是生命該有的樣子。
When you're born that's that date, that they put on the left side of the tombstone.
你出生時的日期,會被刻在你墓碑的左側。
When you die they put another date on the right side of the tombstone.
而當你死後,死亡的日期就會被刻在你墓碑的右側。
But that dash in the middle is the most important thing on that tombstone.
但這兩個日期之間的「破折號」,才是這個墓碑中最重要的事。
That is a line that throughout that entire time frame.
這條線就代表了你的一生。
You were able to impact and touch others lives. You were able to leave your mark on this earth.
你曾有機會影響他人、改變他人生命。你曾有機會在地球上留下你的印記。
You were able to build a legacy that nobody could change.
你曾有機會在這個世界上留下一段僅屬於你的傳奇。
You were able to have it to where people remember who you are no matter what.
你曾有機會讓自己因某種原因使所有人都將你銘記。
When you're living for that dash in the middle, you're going to remember your why.
當你活在生命的破折號中時,去找出自己活在世上的那個「為什麼」吧。
Your why, why you're here, not the why, why did you do something, your why.
那個你為何會存在於世上的為什麼,而不是那個為何要做某些事的為什麼。
Your reason for getting up in the morning.
是什麼給了你開始新的一天的動力?
Your reason for pushing yourself past the brink of exertion and giving up.
是什麼讓你永不言棄,即便過程艱辛無比?
Your reason for moving on and getting things done in life.
是什麼讓你不斷向前,不斷克服生命中大大小小的困難?
That dash in the middle that's the thing that pushes you.
生死之間的「破折號」應是推你向前的動力。
How do you rate yourself on a scale of one to ten in terms of your physical appearance?
從一到十分,滿分十分,你給自己的外貌打幾分?
In terms of your health? Do you take care of yourself? Are you allowing yourself to get overweight and out of shape?
你給自己的健康打幾分?你有好好照顧自己嗎?還是放任了自己體重超標、身材走形?
Are you conscious of your health? Are you watching the food that you take into your body?
你有重視自己的健康嗎?吃東西時,你有留意自己吃進去的是什麼嗎?
Do you make a deliberate effort to exercise?
你有計劃性地鍛鍊,訓練自己的身體嗎?
You know it was George Burns, he said we can't help getting older but we don't have to get old.
喬治·伯恩斯說過,雖然我們無法不變老,但我們並不是一定要變老。
And many of us get old before our time because we don't take time to take care of ourselves.
我們之中很多人在年輕時就開始變老了,因為我們沒有花時間照顧自己。
Your environment is a very good indicator on a scale of one to ten, is it what you want it to be?
你所處的環境就是非常好的指標,滿分十分,現在這個狀態是你想要的嗎?
Do you find it desirable? Are you satisfied?
你嚮往現在的生活嗎?你對現狀滿意嗎?
The job or career that you're involved in someone said that 85% of the American public are unhappy with their jobs.
你所做的工作讓你開心嗎?有人說85%的美國人都在做讓自己不快樂的工作。
Are you spending eight hours a day just doing time?
你有每天至少花八小時工作,但卻感覺像在坐牢一樣嗎?
Doing something that you don't find challenging, that does not make you stretch mentally,
是不是僅僅在做一些沒有挑戰,無法讓自己全力以赴,
that does not stimulate you, that does not inspire you, something that you don't find a sense of fulfillment in it?
無法讓自己興奮,無法激勵自己,根本沒有任何成就感的工作?
If you're doing that day in and day out, it has to affect how you feel about yourself, your level of motivation, your relationships.
如果你就這樣一天天的得過且過,它一定會對你的自我價值、內在驅動力以及人際關係造成負面的影響。
What kind of impact is that having on your life? Is it nourishing or is it a toxic relationship?
你的生命是被什麼力量所影響著?你的人際關係是健康的還是有毒的?
Does it drain you or does it build you up? Ask yourself that.
你是越變越好還是在越變越差?問問你自己,
How motivated are you to do something about it? Your contribution, your actions... what are you giving?
你對改變這一切又有多積極?你做了哪些努力,付諸了什麼行動,你付出了些什麼?
Many people will leave the universe without a trace.
很多人在離世後不曾留下一絲痕跡。
No one will know they were here and in fact under their name we could put under there, 'not used up'.
沒人知道他們曾在這世上活過,他們的名字,可以被世界毫不費力地直接抹去。
Will anybody know that you came this way? What contribution are you giving?
有人會知道你曾經造訪過這個世界嗎?有人會知道你做過什麼貢獻嗎?
What will you leave? What will be different because you came this way?
你會留下些什麼呢?這個世界因為你的到來,變得有什麼不一樣了嗎?
Just, just stop for a second. Write down your why. What are you doing this for in life?
停下手頭的事情,花一秒鐘,寫下你的「為什麼」吧。你這一生要依靠什麼而度過?
If your why doesn't make you cry, that's not your why. Again, if your why doesn't make you cry, that's not your why.
如果你的「為什麼」不會讓你熱淚盈眶,那麼這就不是你的「為什麼」。記住,如果你的「為什麼」還沒有讓你熱淚盈眶,那麼這就不是你的「為什麼」。
Your why should be something so big that it moves your family tree.
你的「為什麼」應該要大到足以影響到你的家族。
Your why should be something so big that it changes the whole outlook on how things are with you and your home, your family, your religion, your purpose.
你的「為什麼」應該要大到足以改變一切、足以改變你與你家庭的生活方式、足以改變你的信仰和你的人生追求。
Think about your passion, think about your opportunities, and that's how you find your purpose: OPP.
想想你的熱情在哪裡,想想你的機會在哪裡,這就是你如何找到你人生的目的:OPP。
When that why meets up with your passion, your opportunity, your purpose,
當你的「為什麼」遇見了你的熱情、遇見了你的機會和追求,
then you'll find out: the most important day in your life is the day you remember why you were born.
你就會發現:你人生中最重要的一天就是你明白了自己為何而生的那天。