很多時候,我們都會後悔,後悔自己之前做過的一些錯事或是太過衝動的事。但是,小夥伴們要記住,與其後悔過去,不如正視未來。這篇文章,希望能給大家一些感悟,讓大家都能把握生活,不再後悔!
Understand that life is not a straight line. Life is not a set timeline ofmilestones. You are allowed to backtrack. You are allowed to figure out whatinspires you. You have a lot of time, and I think we often forget that.
你應該明白,生活不是一條直線,也不是一個時間軸,上面標記了重大事件。你可以選擇倒帶。你可以停下來想想是什麼東西啟發著你。你還有很多時間,我想常常我們忘記了這一點。
milestone /'maɪlston/ n. 裡程碑,劃時代的事件
Starting school is a milestone for both children and parents.
對於孩子和家長而言,開始上學是一件大事。
backtrack /ˈbæktræk / v. 走原路;由原路返回;
The finance minister backtracked on his decision.
財政部長收回了他的決定。
inspire /ɪnˈspaɪə(r)/ v. 激勵;鼓舞;
His words inspired me a lot.
他的話激勵了我。
You ruin your life by choosing the wrong person.
自毀人生之一:選錯了終身伴侶
What is it with our need to fast-track relationships? Be alone. Eat alone, take yourself on dates, sleep alone. In the midst of this you will learn about yourself. You will grow, you will figure out what inspires you, you will master your own dreams, your own beliefs, your own stunning clarity, and when you do meet the person who makes your cells dance, you will be sure of it, because you are sure of yourself.
為什麼我們覺得自己需要狂飆突進似的戀愛關係?學著獨處。獨自進餐,和自己約會,獨自入眠。在這個過程中,你會明白自己是什麼樣的人。你會有所成長,了解到在人生道路上啟發著你的究竟是什麼。你將掌控自己的夢想,堅定自己的信仰,理清自己的思路。如此一來,當你遇到那個讓你墜入愛河的人的時候,你能夠確信他(她)就是那個人,因為你確知你是什麼人。
stunning / ˈstʌnɪŋ / adj. 令人震驚的;極好的,出色的
You look absolutely stunning!
你看上去漂亮極了。
clarity / 'klærɪtɪ / n. 清楚,明晰;透明
In business circles he is noted for his flair and clarity of vision.
在商界,他的天賦和遠見卓識是出了名的。
You ruin your life by letting your past govern it.
自毀人生之二:縱容你的過去操控自己
It is common for certain things in life to happen to you. There will be heartbreak, confusion, days where you feel like you aren’t special or purposeful. You cannot let these define you. If you don’t allow yourself to move past what happened, what was felt, you will look at your future with that lens, and nothing will be able to breach that judgment.
人生不如意十九,這是很自然的事情。你可能會心碎,會迷茫,會覺得自己毫無過人之處,覺得自己活得毫無目的。別讓這些不如意的過往限定自己。如果你不能從過去裡走出來,從過去的感受裡超脫,你就會帶著過去的眼光看待自己的未來,那麼所有事情無一例外都會受這種偏見的影響。
govern / ˈgʌvn / v. 治理;統治;支配;控制
Prices are governed by market demand.
價格受市場需求的影響。
confusion / kənˈfju:ʒn / n. 混亂;混淆;困惑
Omissions in my recent article must have caused confusion.
我最近一篇文章中的幾處省略肯定造成了困惑。
define / dɪˈfaɪn / vt. 規定;使明確;(給詞、短語等)下定義
He was asked to define his concept of cool.
他被要求說明自己關於「酷」的定義。
lens / lenz / n. 透鏡,鏡頭
A pair of glasses with tinted lenses
一副有色鏡片眼鏡
breach / bri:tʃ / vt. 攻破;破壞,違反
The newspaper breached the code of conduct on privacy.
該報違反了保護隱私的行為準則。
You ruin your life when you compare yourself to others.
自毀人生之三:比附他人
We get caught up in what our friends are liking, who our significant others are following, and at the end of the day this not only ruins our lives, but it also ruins us.
我們常常為了他人的偏好桎梏自己:我們的朋友們喜歡什麼,我們的戀人在追求什麼,如此一來,不僅會把我們的生活弄得一團糟,也把我們的關係弄得一團糟。
ruin /ˈru:ɪn/ vt. 破壞,毀滅;使破產
That one mistake ruined his chance of getting the job.
這是這個錯誤斷送了他得到那份工作的機會。
You ruin your life by tolerating it.
自毀人生之四:一味忍耐
At the end of the day you should be excited to be alive. When you settle for anything less than what you innately desire, you destroy the possibility that lives inside of you. Life and work, and life and love, are not irrespectiveof each other. They are intrinsically linked. We have to strive to doextraordinary work, we have to strive to find extraordinary love. Only then will we tap into an extraordinarily blissful life.
最重要的是,你應該為活著而感到歡欣。如果你不去追求內心渴望的東西,而是得過且過,你就喪失了讓自己內心的想法實現的機會。生活與工作,生活與愛情,它們並不是不相干的。它們之間都有著內在的聯繫。我們必須努力把工作幹得棒棒的,努力把情感經營得棒棒的。只有這樣,我們才能獲得美好的,幸福的生活。
tolerate / ˈtɒləreɪt / vt. 忍受;容許;承認;容忍
She can no longer tolerate the position that she's in
她再也受不了自己的處境了。
innately /ɪ'neɪtlɪ/ adv. 天賦地;內在地,固有地
I suspect that human nature is innately flawed.
我猜想人性生來就是有瑕疵的。
irrespective /,ɪrɪ'spɛktɪv/ adj. 無關的, 不顧的
Everyone, irrespective of means or occupation, shall have an equal opportunity.
每個人,不論其財富或職業,都將有均等的機會。
intrinsically /ɪn'trɪnsɪkli/ adv. 內在地, 本質地
He's an intrinsically honest man.
他是個本性誠實的人。
strive /straɪv/ v. 奮鬥, 努力
We strive hard to live a better life.
為了生活得更好我們努力奮鬥。
extraordinary /ikˈstrɒrd(ə)nˌɛri / adj. 非凡的, 非同尋常的
The task requires extraordinary patience and endurance
那項任務需要非凡的耐心和毅力。
blissful / 'blɪsfəl / adj. 幸福的, 快樂的
We spent three blissful weeks away from work.
我們無憂無慮地度過了三個星期的假。
本文內容來源於網絡,旨在分享優秀的教育資源,版權歸原作者所有,如有侵權,請聯繫刪除!
傳播雙語文化,分享娛樂八卦,更多精彩內容,請掃一掃下方二維碼或搜索公眾號雙語娛樂匯,點擊關注!