點擊上方「練英語聽力」↑↑↑關注我
(↑點擊上面在線試聽今天的音頻,音頻播放器已經支持暫停、快進、後退功能了)
聽力參考原文 ↓↓↓
New York City streets pre coronavirus were places where bikes had to share the road with cars and cabs.
在疫情爆發之前,紐約市的自行車必須與汽車和計程車共享車道。
But because of present conditions, bikes have taken over Manhattan avenues and demand for them has been increasing.
但是由於當前的情況,自行車佔據了曼哈頓的大街小巷,而且自行車的需求量持續上漲。
We got big planter, we used to work in different shops, but we seen your faces people started riding more to, you know, commuting.
我們有個大種植園主,我們過去在不同的商店裡工作,但我們發現人們更多地開始騎自行車進行通勤。
Yeah I see that more. People started taking out the bikes out of the basement, that's good.
是的,我見到的更多。人們開始從地下室拿出自行車,這很棒。
So they can you know less traffic in the trains and less people closer, so they can have social distancing.
所以,你知道,火車交通會減少,人們減少密集,這樣他們可以保持社交距離。
Bikes are an attractive means of transport for many reasons, the cost, there was no problem with parking and New York City has loads of bike repair shops.
自行車是一種很吸引人的交通方式,原因有很多,價格便宜,沒有停車問題,在紐約有很多自行車修理店。
Those who still use the subway see as encouraging them to respect social distancing rules.
那些仍在使用地鐵的人認為這是在鼓勵他們遵守社會距離規則。
That's easy though because trains are mostly empty due to the mandatory lockdowns and businesses shifting to teleworking.
不過,這很容易,因為由於強制封鎖和企業轉向遠程辦公,火車大多是空的。
I'm a tiny little bit of relaxed, but I'm still very careful.
我有點放鬆,但我仍舊很小心。
Cuz I know that we cannot let the guard down, even though I'm not wearing a mask right now.
因為我知道我們不能放下防備,即使我現在沒有戴口罩。
I just walked. I don't take the subway anymore. So I just walk around my neighborhood.
我剛剛步行。我不再坐地鐵了。所以我就在附近走來走去。
I walked here today from 91st Street. Yeah we're sure.
我今天從91街走到這裡,是的,我們確定。
I haven't been in the subway since March 15th no 13th. March 13th.
從3月15日起,我就再也沒有坐過地鐵了。3月13日。
As for the recent bike race it didn't happen overnight.
至於最近的自行車比賽,這不是一夜之間發生的。
It took people time to consider whether they even wanted to venture outside.
人們花了很長時間來考慮他們是否想出去冒險。
I feel like everyone was just kind of scared and staying indoors.
我覺得每個人都有點害怕,就呆在室內。
Like the end of April is when things really started to pick up, people want to avoid public transportation.
就像四月底,疫情開始好轉時,人們想要避免乘坐公共運輸。
It's a lot safer to go on a bike.
騎自行車更安全一點。
And also it's helped that the gyms are closed so this is the only way that people can get you know exercise.
健身房關門也很有幫助,所以這是讓人們知道鍛鍊的唯一方法。
And for frontline workers such as doctors and nurses, it's a less costly way for them to get to their jobs.
對於醫生和護士等一線工作人員來說,對他們來說,這是一種成本較低的工作方式。
We have some nurses from out of states, so they've been using the bikes which is great.
我們有一些來自州外的護士,所以他們一直在用自行車,這太棒了。
And I will also providing them take discount.
我也會給他們打折。
So it helps them, it helps us.
所以這對他們有幫助,這對我們有幫助。
If this bike trance takes, Manhattan may never fully go back to transportation the way it was pre coronavirus.
如果自行車道修好了,曼哈頓也許永遠不會完全回到冠狀病毒爆發前的交通方式了。
For Guinea Masloff in New York VOA news
美國之音新聞,幾內亞·馬斯洛夫紐約報導。