英語裡有些同義詞完全可以互換使用;
有些在一定條件下可以互換;
但有些卻不能互相替代。
forget和leave都可以表示「忘記帶某種東西」。
但我們不會用它們互相替換。
因為它們有一個重要區別:
01forget
Forget something
只要是忘記,不表示忘在哪裡,都用forget:
In my haste I forgot my coat.
我匆忙中忘了帶外套。
If I don't copy the phone number down, I'll forget it!
如果不把電話號碼抄下來,我就忘了!
I forget how much I paid for it.
我忘了我付了多少錢。
Forget your past, forgive yourself and begin again.
忘記過去,原諒自己,重新開始。
The best way to forget a relationship is beginning another new relationship.
忘記一段關係的最好方法是重新開始一段關係。
Forget還可以表示「忘了做某事或忘了做過某事」
Don't forget to bring your books with you.
別忘了帶上你的書。
He forgot to close the windows when he left.
他離開時忘了關窗戶。
I forgot handing in my composition.
我忘記已經交了作文了。
02leave
Leave something
是「把什麼東西忘在哪裡(如在家裡,在公共汽車上,等等)」
I think I might have left my phone in the taxi.
我想我可能把手機忘在計程車上了。
I'm a fool, I left my briefcase on the subway.
我是個傻瓜,我把公文包忘在地鐵裡了。
還可以表示有意識的把什麼東西留在某處:
Don't leave the bottle where he can get at it.
別把瓶子放在他能拿到的地方。
Leave your things on the table over there.
把你的東西放在那邊的桌子上。
圖片選自網絡,版權為原作者所有!