15
#學習#
We slept for most of that day and we began our journey again when it was dark.
那天的大部分時間我們在睡覺。天黑時,我們又開始了我們的旅行。
After some time, we saw lights on the Illinois side of the river and Jim got very excited.
一段時間後,我們看到了河岸邊伊利諾州的燈光,吉姆興奮極了。
He thought it was Cairo.
他以為是開羅。
Jim got the canoe ready and I went off in it to take a look at those lights. But it wasn’t Cairo.
吉姆把獨木舟準備好,我乘著獨木舟前去看看那些燈光,可那並是開羅。
After that, we went on down the river. It was very dark that night and it wasn’t easy to see where we were going.
之後,我們繼續順流而下。那天夜裡,天很黑,不太容易看清我們在往哪兒走。
Suddenly, a big steamboat came at us very fast, and the next minute it was right over us.
突然,一隻汽船速度很快地衝著我們開過來了,緊接著,它朝我們頭頂上壓過來。
Jim and I jumped off the raft into the river.
我和吉姆從木筏上跳進水裡。
The boat the raft and went on up the river.
汽船撞到了木筏,繼續往上遊開去。
When I came up out of the water, I couldn’t see Jim anywhere.
當我露出水面時,我哪兒也看不到吉姆。
I called out his name again and again, but there was no answer.
我一遍又一遍地大聲喊著他的名字,可是沒有回答。
『He’s dead!』 I thought. Slowly, I swam to the side of the river and got out.
「他死了!」慢慢地,我遊向河邊上了岸。
I saw that I was near a big old wooden house.
就在附近,我看到了一座寬大老式木房子。
Suddenly a lot of very angry dogs jumped out at me.
突然,許多發怒的狗撲向我。
They made of a terrible noise and someone called from the house, 『Who’s there?』
有人在屋裡喊道:「誰在哪兒?」
未完待續~