Hello!
大家好,歡迎來到地道英語口語,今天給大家分享的一句我們生活中常用的一句日常英語短語「讓一切塵埃落定」的英語表達。
Dialogue.
A: Sorry I’m late. It’s going a bit crazy out there in the office.
不好意思,我遲到了,這會兒辦公室裡亂糟糟的。
B: Crazy?
亂糟糟的?
A: Yes. Everybody is arguing and shouting.
是的,大家在爭吵,每個人都在大聲嚷嚷。
B: About what exactly?
到底是因為什麼?
A: The mess in the office.
因為辦公室裡狼藉一片。
B: Hmm, well you』d better stay in here and keep out of the way until things have calmed down.
嗯。。。你最好待在這兒,遠離辦公室,直到事情平息下來。
A: Good idea-I』ll just let the dust settle.
好主意--我會讓「塵埃落下來」
B: Oh, so the office is messy and dusty.
哦,所以說辦公室裡一片狼藉,滿是灰塵
A: No, I just mean I』ll wait for the situation to calm down.
不是的,我的意思是我會等到事情平息下來。
For examples
We’re busy moving house at the moment but I』ll give you a call when the dust settles.
這會兒我們忙著搬家,但是等到一切塵埃落定,我會給你打電話的。
Now the dust has settled after the restructuring, I think we can talk about recruitment.
調整過後,事情已經塵埃落定,我想我們可以談一談招聘事宜了。
Let the dust settle的意思是「等到事情平息下來」或者「讓一切塵埃落定」
今天的學習就到這裡啦!
每天我都會為大家分享這樣的乾貨
然後整理出精華內容
讓你學到最地道的日常英語表達
今天你打卡學習了嗎?
下期再見!