更多內容請百度搜索:可小果
都建議在任的大臣們不要提起訴訟
Serving ministers are advised never to bring lawsuits.
如果你有公職 你就應該忍受一切
If you're in office, you're supposed to put up with anything.
就應該是這樣的
That's the deal.
但我心知肚明 散布關於我的謊言
But I knew very well that lies were being told about me
不是因為我做過什麼 而是針對我這個人
not because of anything I'd done, but because of who I am.
我出身於我所代表的廣大人民
I'm proud to be one of the few politicians
作為為數不多的有這種背景的政治家之一
who actually comes from the same background
我對此非常驕傲
as the majority of people I represent,
也從未忘懷
and I never forget that.
於是我奮起抗爭了 而且我贏了
So I fought. And I won.
引用大文豪的一句話
To quote the national poet,
"他理直氣壯 好比披著三重盔甲"
"Thrice is he arm'd that hath his quarrel just."
出自莎士比亞《亨利六世》
謝謝大家
Thank you.
國內一位廣受歡迎的政治家
One of the country's most popular politicians
今天下午在關乎他政治生涯的賭博中取得了勝利
brought off the gamble of his life this afternoon,
交通大臣彼得·勞倫斯因為一家報社
when a jury found for the Transport Minister, Peter Laurence,
聲稱他利用職權謀取經濟利益
against a newspaper, which claimed
提起了訴訟 陪審團在這件案子裡支持了他
he had exploited his position in government for financial gain.
但當被告方的關鍵證人記者莎米安·派珀
But the case fell apart when key witness for the defence,
改變了她的說法而令法庭譁然
journalist Charmian Pepper,
-被告的辯護站不住腳了 -不客氣
- surprised the court by changing her story. - You're welcome.
去和您的律師道聲謝
Say thank you to your counsel.
-我從來都沒懷疑過 -您滿意我就高興了
- I never doubted it for a moment. - I'm glad you're happy.
這案子很直截了當 但還是感謝你
It's open and shut, but thanks all the same.
還有這麼道謝的呢
Well, that's one way to thank you.
他什麼意思 傻子也能讓我勝訴嗎
What's he saying? Any fool could have got me off?
我無所謂 總是有特別好的案子的
I don't care. They're always the best cases.
是你贏了的那些嗎
The ones you win?
不 是那些你懷疑你的委託人有罪但贏了的
No, the ones you win when you suspect your client is guilty as hell.
還是個倒黴的計程車 我們可是去部裡啊
Still a bloody taxi. We're going to the ministry, for God's sake.
也許 可您不是執行公務 不是正式的
Maybe, but you're not on government business. Not formally.
太像她的風格了
That's so typical of her.
-您了解首相的 -當然 格局小
- You know the Prime Minister. - Yeah, I do. Petty.
-莎米安 -莎米安 你為什麼改了說法
- Charmian? - Charmian, why did you change your story?
派珀女士 你為什麼改了說法
Ms Pepper, why did you change your story?
有什麼要說的嗎 莎米安
Any comment, Charmian?
我再說什麼都只會讓我有更大的麻煩
Anything I say will only get me in worse trouble.
我沒什麼可說的了 非常感謝
I'm saying nothing. Thank you very much.
我們回法庭吧
Let's get back to Chambers.
-對不起 -抱歉 是我的錯 對不起
- Sorry. - Oh, sorry. My fault. Sorry.
鹿死誰手
第一季 第一集
大家都清楚這些年非常困難
Everyone knows these have not been easy years.
我任內的三年正好趕上
My three years in office have coincided
西方經濟非常動蕩的時期
with a period of extreme turbulence in Western economies.
但讓我欣慰的是
But what's pleased me
自從我們在唐寧街十號啟動這項開放計劃
is since we inaugurated this access scheme at Number Ten,
英國的企業和金融界是多麼地慷慨解囊
how British business and finance has really stepped up
來協助保守黨的主張
to help the Conservative cause.
我們非常感謝
And we're very grateful.
我們會一直傾聽你們合法的訴求
We are always here to listen to your legitimate concerns
並幫助企業界繁榮昌盛
and to help enterprise to thrive.
這是我們的職責 謝謝
That's our job. Thank you.
你表現得很得體 道恩
You're on good form, Dawn.
不過呢 我們每天都要舉止得體
Mind you, we need to be on good form every day.
我可不記得搖尾乞憐是我工作的一部分
I don't remember begging being part of my job description.
那我來吧 我是黨魁
Let me. I'm Chair of the party.
我應該去翻雲覆雨的
I ought to be swaying continents.
而我一直都是在要錢
All I ever do is ask for money.
你和我都是啊
Ah! You and me both.
首相
Prime Minister.
-首相 -茱莉婭
- Prime Minister. - Julia!
-多少 -今天下午 二十萬鎊
- How much? - This afternoon, 200,000.
我理應有價值二十萬的無聊差事
Well, I'm due £200,000 worth of boredom
所以這交換很公平
so that's a fair exchange.
取決於您是否想要贏得下次的大選
Depends if you want to win the next election.
您要的彼得·勞倫斯的簡報 軍情五處整理的
The briefing you asked for on Peter Laurence. MI5 put it together.
一小時就好了
In an hour?
這麼快是因為文件已經在了
It was quick because it already existed.
什麼 他們查過他嗎
What? They had their eye on him?
如果沒有那他們才是失職呢
They'd be derelict if they didn't.
嗯 當然了
Ah, yes. Of course.
-克裡登 -他是擺脫不掉這個的
- Croydon. - You can't take it away from him.
所有那些貧寒出身都是真的 他是真實的
All that stuff about the tough background is true. He's authentic.
零售 零售 賣家具
Retail, retail, selling furniture,
房地產...
property...
然後從政
Oh! Then politics.
還有中間夾著的這些智庫的經歷
And with all those think tanks in between.
英美發展論壇 是慈善機構嗎
British American Development Forum, is that a charity?
本來應該是 但慈善機構管理委員會沒批准
It was meant to be, but the charity commissioners didn't agree.
那其目的呢 除了避稅以外
And its purpose, aside from dodging tax?
促進大西洋兩岸的理解
Transatlantic understanding.
-這夠可疑的了... -您要我做什麼
- Well, if that isn't fishy...! - What do you want me to do?
就是個簡單的測試 我以前做過
Oh, it's a simple test. I've done it before.
你要做的就是打開一本名人錄
What you do is you open a copy of Who's Who.
你查查彼得的官方條目 然後和這個做對比
You look up Peter's official entry, then you compare it to this.
他沒有提的就是我們要去找的東西
Whatever he's left out, that's what we're looking for.
-他不提是有原因的 -肯定是啊
- He'll have left it out for a reason? - Oh, certainly.
不管是什麼 他都會希望早被人忘了
Whatever it is, he'll want it to be forgotten.
我很高興地宣布 彼得·勞倫斯在這裡
And I'm happy to say Peter Laurence is with us.
高等法院十五輪開庭之後 回到每周的位置
After 15 rounds in the High Court, back in his weekly spot,
來說說真相 接聽你們的電話
telling the truth and taking your calls.
謝謝你 米克 很高興回來
Thank you very much, Mick. Good to be here.
不 我是政府的一員 而這是政府的政策
No. I'm a member of the government and this is government policy.
不 但你... 你得把脫歐忘了
No, but you... You have to forget about Brexit.
這事已經過去了
It's in the past.
這是個全民的震蕩 就像你說的...
It was a national trauma, as you call it, and...
但這個震蕩我們已經度過了 都過去了
But it's a trauma we came through. It's over.
我對老的爭論沒有興趣
I'm not interested in the old arguments.
世界變化如此之快
The world is changing so fast,
讓人興奮的是要跟上節奏
and the exciting thing is keeping up.
西式燒汁
Brown sauce.
不 不 這點非常好
No, no, that's a good point.
我是個不太刻板的保守黨 崇尚進步
I am a relaxed Conservative who admires progress.
任何能找到切實讓他們相信的主張的人
I admire anybody who finds a cause
都會讓我欣賞
that they genuinely believe in,
什麼樣的主張我都無所謂
and I'm at peace with all kinds of causes.
可以是納爾遜·曼德拉或者普選權
It could have been Nelson Mandela or the suffragettes,
我不必同意裡面的每一個字
I don't have to agree with every word of it.
我欣賞的是那些立場堅定的
I admire anybody who just stands strong
自由的人們 他們不會讓自己的生命
and...and free and doesn't give over
陷在道歉和後悔之中
their life to apology and guilt.
對我來說 保守主義是對未來這個念頭的熱愛
To me, conservatism is about loving the idea of the future.
你聽著多可愛啊
Don't you sound like a lovely man!
對 你為球隊找一個適合的制度
Yes, you pick a system to suit the team.
對於曼聯對 如果我再多說一個字的話...
If I say one more word about Manchester United...
沒錯 我在制度中從底層上來 我希望
Exactly. I rose through the system and I want everyone else
其他人也能有這個機會
to have that chance, too.
這次他們抓住你了 是不是 彼得
They got you this time, didn't they, Peter?
-他們發出了挑戰 那報紙 -對
- They called, that newspaper. - Right.
他們差點就抓住你了
They nearly had you!
我能說的就是
Well, all I can say to that,
沃爾瑟姆斯託的威廉 門都沒有
William of Walthamstow, is in your dreams!
我看他並不擔心 威廉 他氣色好著呢
He doesn't look worried to me, Billy. He looks radiant!
好吧
Ok!
你得聽聽這個
You need to listen to this.
是你私人信箱裡的 昨天收到的
On your personal. It came through yesterday.
我不想在判決結果出來之前來煩你
I didn't want to bother you till after we got the verdict.
是誰啊
Who is it?
-有個人說她是你的女兒 -哪一個
- It's somebody that says she's your daughter. - Which one?
不和我說話的那個女兒