今天跟大家分享的英語學內容是中文裡的面,我們常說的「吃虧」,「佔便宜了」,「吃虧是福」等等的這些詞語用英語是怎麼表達的,並且在不同情況下,又是怎麼使用的。
Got the short end of the stick = 吃虧了
第一種:因為自己某種特徵和短處,某事上會吃虧
I’m really shy so I feel like I really get the short end of the stick in the job searching process because I don’t like going out and networking with people.
我覺得在找工作這件事情上我是很吃虧的,因為我很內向,所以不喜歡出去與人交際。
第二種:在某事上面某人吃虧了
Amy got the short end of the stick when she was assigned another week of night shift.
Amy又被分到一周的夜班,太吃虧了。
In business negotiations you have to stay calm and focused, or you may end up getting the short end of the stick.
商務談判時可得冷靜專注,不然很可能吃虧的。
Shortchanged = 被佔便宜了,被缺斤少兩了
I feel shortchanged.
我感覺自己吃虧了。
That’s the second time I』ve been shortchanged in that shop.
那家店已經是第二次少找錢給我了。
This morning I checked my wallet and I’m missing 10 dollars. I’m pretty sure they shortchanged me at the bar.
今早看錢包裡少了10美金,我感覺應該是昨天他們少找了我10美元了。
「吃虧是福」
這個詞是中國文化的博大精深了,「福,福氣」在英文中沒法直譯,但可以通過分析語境,運用「意譯」表達出來。當別人吃虧時,運氣不好時,我們想用「吃虧是福」來安慰別人的時候,可以用一下的一些常見英語表達。
Adversity and loss make a man wise.
吃一塹,長一智。
Every cloud has a silver lining.
黑暗中總有一線光明。
Everything happen for a reason.
沒關係,沒準這件事是好事呢!
When god closes a door, he opens a window.
上帝關一扇門總給你開一扇窗的。
好啦,今天和大家分享的這個內容希望對大家有所幫助~