為什麼我們會將anymore和any more混淆?
不僅僅因為它們的拼寫接近,而且它們有時也是可以互換使用的。
anymore是一個副詞,而且是一個時間副詞,相當於any longer。
用在否定句中和否定詞not等構成「不再;再也不」的意思。
She won't talk to me anymore.
她不會再跟我說話了。
I don't want to hear about it anymore.
我不想再聽到這件事了。
Don't waste my time anymore.
別再浪費我的時間了。
The old hospital isn't used anymore.
舊醫院不再使用了。
He rarely comes here anymore.
他很少來這裡了。
I can't sit in the sun anymore - it's too hot.
我不能再坐在陽光下了-太熱了。
any more是一個短語,指數量或程度上「更多(的)」
不能用anymore
She doesn't want to hear any more of his lies.
她不想再聽到他的謊言了。
He doesn't want to take any more exams.
他不想再參加考試了。
We do not have any more information at the present time.
我們目前沒有更多的信息。
This case is full, I can't pack any more clothes in.
這個箱子滿了,我不能再裝衣服了。
I can't say any more, it's meant to be a big secret.
我不能再說了,這是個大秘密。
Look in the cupboard and see if we have any more coffee.
看看櫥櫃裡有沒有咖啡。
I'm not going to waste any more words on the subject.
我不想在這個問題上再浪費時間了。
You'll be sick if you eat any more of that chocolate!
如果你再吃巧克力,你會生病的!
any more短語也可以做副詞,相當於anymore。
The old man doesn't travel any more.
老人不再旅行了。
She doesn't live here any more.
她不再住在這裡了。
I used to take work home, but I don't do it any more.
我過去常把工作帶回家,但現在不幹了。
She keeps forgetting I'm not a child any more.
她總是忘了我不再是個孩子了。
It's strange how she never comes to see us any more.
奇怪的是她怎麼再也不來看我們了。
從我們前面介紹過all right和alright, all together和altogether可知,語言是不斷變化的,人們為了方便或表達的需要,把短語組合成一個詞,並逐漸得到大多數人的認同。將any more寫作anymore也容易為人們接受。
圖片選自網絡,版權為原作者所有!