Would God I were the tender apple blossom
哦但願我是嬌柔的蘋果花
That floats and falls from off the twisted bough
從彎曲的樹枝上面落下
To lie and faint within your silken bosom
飄落在你那溫柔的胸懷
Within your silken bosom as that does now.
我把它當作我的家我長住下
Or would I were a little burnish'd apple
哦但願我是光亮的蘋果
For you to pluck me, gliding by so cold
在樹上等你將我摘下
While sun and shade you robe of lawn will dapple
樹蔭下陽光在你的身上描畫
Your robe of lawn, and you hair's spun gold.
也照亮你的金色頭髮
Yea, would to God I were among the roses
哦我願長在玫瑰叢林
That lean to kiss you as you float between
跟你走過我能夠吻你
While on the lowest branch a bud uncloses
我成為最低枝條上的蓓蕾
A bud uncloses, to touch you, queen.
就能輕輕觸摸最美的你
Nay, since you will not love, would I were growing
哦既然我的愛情沒有希望
A happy daisy, in the garden path
我願做雛菊開在小路上
That so your silver foot might press me going
你漫步荒原踩在我的身上
Might press me going even unto death.
我就在你的腳下死亡
Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
噢!丹尼少年,笛聲正在召喚
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
從山谷間到山的另一邊
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
夏沆已走遠,花兒都已枯萎
T'is you, T'is you must go and I must bide.
你得離去,而我得等待
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
但你回來了,當夏沆回到草原上的時候
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
或是當山谷沉靜下來,因雪而白了頭的時候
t'is I'll be there in sunshine or in shadow
我一定會去那兒,不論是陽光普照或陰影覆蓋
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.
噢!丹尼少年,我是多麼的愛你
And when ye come, and all the flow'rs are dying
如果你在百花凋謝的時候前來
If I am dead, as dead I well may be
而我已經死去,死的很安詳
ye'll come and find the place where I am lying
你會前來,找到我長眠之地
And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.
跪下來和我說"再見"
And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me
我會傾聽,雖然你輕柔的踩在我上面
And oh, my grave shall warmer, sweeter be
我的夢將會更溫暖而甜蜜
For ye will bend and tell me that you love me
如果你真的對我說你愛我
And I shall sleep in peace until you come to me.
我會在平靜中安息,直到你來我身邊