受到疫情影響,商店關門,學校停課。曾經的畢業季有答辯結束後的狂歡,有穿上學士服接受專屬「加冕」的畢業典禮,有美美的畢業照。而今年,多個高校宣布畢業典禮推遲,畢業照成了群聊截圖。
今年的春招也——
也有些學校想出了其他方式來完成這些告別儀式,比如日本東京BBT大學的畢業典禮,學生在家裡控制人臉機器人,有老師授予學位,還可以合影留念。
而最近「火出圈」的脫口秀主持人「崔娃」特雷弗·諾亞(Trevor Noah)則攜 《每日秀》的團隊成員們送上了一份爆笑「勵志」演講,快來和小編一起幹了這碗毒雞湯~
向上滑動查看雙語字幕
Well, class of 2020,here we are.
2020級的畢業生們,我們到了這個時刻。
Here we are.
我們到了。
Here we are.
我們到了。
Here we are.
我們到了。
At home.
隔離在家。
At home.
隔離在家。
At home.
隔離在家。
I'm stuck in a hotel room in Bulgaria.
我被困在保加利亞的一個酒店房間裡。
And I know this wasn't the graduation you were expecting.
我知道這不是你們所期待的畢業典禮。
You thought you'd be with your fellow graduates on the campus lawn, hungover from the night before,
你以為你會和你的同學們在校園草坪上醒過來,忍受著前夜的宿醉。
Trying to figure out how to break up with your boyfriend who wants to follow you to the big city.
正想辦法怎樣才能甩掉那個想和你一起去大城市的男朋友。
But instead, we're meeting on Zoom,and judging everyone's living room furniture.
然而我們現在只能在Zoom上開著視頻,評判每個人客廳的家具。
And I know some of you are worried that this pandemic might stop you from reaching your dreams.
我知道你們有些人擔心這場流行病可能會阻止你實現夢想。
But I want you to know that even without this pandemic,nobody reaches their dreams.
但我想讓你知道即使沒有這場流行病,也沒人能實現自己的夢想。
Nobody.
沒有人。
Most people just end up doing a job they don't hate until they retire.
大多數人只會做一份他們不討厭的工作直到退休。
It's just life.
這就是生活。
You think my dream was to work on this show?
你覺得我的夢想是為這個節目工作嗎?
I wanted to be an astronaut.
我可是想當太空人的。
I wanted to be a dancer.
我想成為一名舞蹈演員。
I wanted to be a dinosaur.
我想做一隻恐龍。
I wanted to not live in a hotel room in Bulgaria.
我不想再被困在保加利亞的酒店房間裡了。
The concierge is a horse.
這裡的門房是匹馬。
And the fact is the story of your life is still being written.
事實是,你的人生故事還在書寫。
This is just one chapter in your life,a life that will no doubt be filled with many other pandemics.
這只是你生命中的一個篇章,毫無疑問,你接下去的人生將充滿許多其他的流行病。
But remember, you have so much to look forward to, like the year 2025,I think this shit will have died down by then.
但要記得,你還有很多可以期待的東西,比如2025年,這糟糕的事兒應該就過去了。
And once this is all over, your class will make a huge difference in the world.
一旦一切雨過天晴,你的同窗們將會改變這個世界。
Statistically speaking, ten percent of you will go on to lead companies.
從統計學上講,百分之十的人會當上公司高管。
The rest of you will probably murder someone.
你們其他人可能會變殺人犯。
So, great things await you.
偉大的徵途在前方。
Until then, use this time to travel.
在那之前,利用這段時間去旅行。
Go on an adventure to, like, I don't know,the other side of the hotel room.
比如來一場冒險之旅,到酒店房間的另一側去。
Explore the really far corners of your backyard.
探索你後院那個遙遠的角落。
I heard somebody's buried there?
聽說有人被埋在那裡了?
Visit the attic of your house.
去你家的閣樓看看。
Find your mom's old journal that says that your dad wasn't her first choice,but she decided to settle for him anyway, because eye doctors make great money.
找找你媽媽的舊日記,上面說你爸爸並不是她的首選,但她還是選擇了他,因為眼科醫生挺掙錢的。
And as you go out into the world, remember all the people who touched you along the way.
當你進入社會,記住這一路感動過(觸摸過)你的人。
Because those are probably the assholes spreading this virus.
因為他們很有可能就是那種傳播病毒的混蛋。
Why are they going around touching everybody?
他們為什麼要到處亂摸其他人啊?
Let me tell you something.
我來告訴你一件事。
If you try to touch me, I'm gonna (bleep).
你碰我一下, 我就【嗶——】
As you move forward in life, the most important piece of advice I can give you is this.
當你走向人生的下一個階段,我能給你的最重要的建議就是這個。
You are much stronger than you think,just like that offbrand toilet paper you found on the dark web.
你比你自己想像的要堅強得多,就像你在暗網找到的那些劣質衛生紙一樣。
Good luck.
祝各位好運。
Good luck.
祝好運。
Good luck.
祝好。
Good luck.
祝你們好運。
Good luck.
祝你們好運。
Help me get out of this hotel.
幫我離開這家酒店。
For real, call the embassy.
沒開玩笑,給大使館打電話。
說起崔娃,也許很多人的第一印象是他的幽默毒舌,對川普的花式吐槽,或是對國際時事的犀利評價。但他的梗不會讓人厭煩,不會為製造噱頭而胡亂開炮。他發言的立場總是從一個旁觀者的角度出發,用自我調侃式的戲謔來表達觀點。
關注脫口秀節目的同學可能知道,《每日秀》是現場直播,在播廣告的時候,主持人就要跟觀眾聊天,從而保持住觀眾的情緒,這一環節就叫做幕間秀(Between the Scenes)。崔娃每次都會幽默地調侃起自己的一些生活經歷,這些片段被節目組傳到油管上,非常受歡迎。
講到特雷弗(崔娃)的家庭,小編推薦大家讀一讀他的傳記——《天生有罪》(Born A Crime)。
這不是一本「我如何走上成功之路」的雞湯文學,也不講他如何成為一名喜劇演員,而是講他是如何出生在種族隔離制度下的南非,如何長大,以及他那位勇敢、不甘平凡、幽默、堅強的母親。
比爾·蓋茨說,閱讀特雷弗的自傳《天生有罪》,我很快了解到他的這種局外人視角,是如何在他「格格不入」的人生中被歷練出來的。
在這本自傳裡,特雷弗(崔娃)深情地回憶了自己這位意志堅強、反叛、樂觀、幽默的黑人母親。這對母子的故事令人淚下又捧腹大笑。毫不誇張地說,母親決定了他的人生底色和未來走向。
很多網友表示他小時候跟他媽媽簡直就像Tom&Jerry的日常,小編特此為大家摘錄一小段。
向上滑動查看雙語字幕
It's funny, in South Africa, we have a saying, and you must remember because of so many of the struggle leaders in South Africa were either imprisoned or exiled.
很有趣,在南非我們有個說法,你必須要銘記,因為南非很多運動領導人不是被囚禁就是被流放。
The movement in South Africa was held together in large part by women in the country.
南非的運動很大程度上是國內的女性堅持下去的。
And so it's weird for me 'cause I understand, you travel the world, you understand that everywhere feminism is different and the idea of women is different,
所以我很奇怪,你週遊世界,就會明白每個地方,女權主義都不同,女性的概念也不同,
but I grew up in a world that was very matriarchal and where women were the most dangerous freedom fighters that existed.
我長大的地方,母系氏族的氛圍很濃,女人們才是最強悍的自由鬥士。
It's true, you read up on Winnie Mandela, like, Nelson Mandela was an icon, but the police in the country were afraid of Winnie Mandela, you know, they were.
真的,你們去研究一下Winnie Mandela(曼德拉的妻子)的事跡,曼德拉是偶像,但是南非的警察都害怕Winnie Mandela,是真的。
And we had a phrase in South Africa that was, we still use it today which was ...
在南非我們有句熟語,至今還在用。
Which means you strike a woman, you strike a rock, and that's what I grew up learning.
翻譯過來是,「你打一個女人,就如同打一塊石頭」。這就是我從小到大的認知。
That's, those kudos, man.
這是傳承。
There was fire, there was fire, and a lot of the time my mom would strike me with a rock,and ...
如火如荼。不過很多時候我媽也會用石頭打我。
崔娃團隊:給2020屆畢業生的話
視頻來源:騰訊