你在幹嘛
What are you doing?
我聽說可以打個洞
I heard you could punch a hole in these
就能讓它變成雙面的
and make them double-sided.
這樣你就有雙倍儲存空間嗎
Then it would have more storage?
是啊 可是我沒付雙面軟盤的錢啊
Yes, but I didn't pay for a double-sided floppy disk.
那又如何
So?
所以這是個道德難題啊
So it's an ethical dilemma.
我們下一節課得在更衣室洗澡
We have to take a shower in the locker room next period,
你現在居然有心情擔心這個
and that's what you're worried about?
我在褲子裡穿好了泳褲
Actually, I have a bathing suit under my pants.
那女孩拿了一本地質統計學的書
That girl just took a book on geostatistics.
那又如何
Yeah, so?
那並不是任何科學課要求閱讀的讀物
That's not required reading for any science course.
或許她是想拿去拍死蜘蛛呢
Maybe she wants to squash a spider with it.
不是 你看 她在讀
No, look, she's reading it.
這個神秘的女人是誰啊
Who is this mystery woman?
我們應該邀請她來跟我們一起吃飯嗎
Should we invite her to have lunch with us?
不知道啊 至今為止一直只有我倆
I don't know. So far, it's just been you and me,
我們能確定合得來
and we know that works.
你真的想要冒合不來的風險嗎
Do we really want to mess with success?
你可以把這個當做是個實驗
We could think of it as an experiment.
你還真是懂我的弱點啊
Oh, you do know how to push my buttons.
好啦 去問她
All right, go ask her.
為什麼是我去
Why me?
你的睪酮缺乏令你在女性眼中很可愛
Your lack of testosterone makes you adorable to women.
這我無從反駁
I can't argue with that.
你好
Hello.
你好啊
Hello.
我叫謝爾頓
My name is Sheldon.
我知道你叫謝爾頓·庫珀
Yeah, you're Sheldon Cooper.
你認識我嗎
You know who I am?
整個高中只有一個9歲的人
Well, there's only one nine-year-old in high school,
而你還有沒換完的乳牙
and you still have your baby teeth.
她認識我 情況很順利
She knows who I am. It's going well.
找我有什麼事
What do you want?
你願意跟我與我朋友一起共進午餐嗎
Would you like to have lunch with me and my friend?
為什麼
Why?
為什麼不呢
Why else?
這樣我們才能熱烈地聊地質統計學啊
So we can have a spirited conversation about geostatistics.
你真的跟大家說的一樣聰明啊
You really are as smart as everybody says.
我的牙齒雖小 但我的前額皮質超巨大
My teeth are small, but my prefrontal cortex is enormous.
♪ 世上沒人比我強壯 ♪
♪ Nobody else is stronger than I am ♪
♪ 昨天我移了一座山 ♪
♪ Yesterday I moved a mountain ♪
♪ 我相信我能當你的英雄 ♪
♪ I bet I could be your hero ♪
♪ 我是個了不起的小傢伙 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪
♪ 我是個了不起的小傢伙 ♪
♪ I am a mighty little man ♪
少
年
謝爾頓
By aBu 20180323
隨著莉比的加入
The addition of Libby brought
我們午餐期間的聊天深度也有所提升
a level of sophistication to our lunchtime discussion.
她媽媽還為她多帶了起司條
Her mom also packed extra string cheese,
這廣為人知的社交潤滑劑
which is a well-known social lubricant.
你以後要當地質學家
You're gonna be a geologist.
太有意思了
That's fascinating.
你為什麼選這領域呢
Why'd you choose that?
在我小時候 我的爺爺奶奶帶我去
When I was a little girl, my grandparents took me
卡爾斯巴德洞窟國家公園時迷上了
to Carlsbad Caverns, and I was hooked.
探索洞窟 太酷了
Exploring caves, that is super cool.
我不同意 黑暗又封閉的空間令我恐懼
Disagree. Dark, enclosed spaces are terrifying.
我頭套進衣服時都會被嚇到
I get scared putting on a sweatshirt.
我看過那場面
Hmm. I've seen it.
挺有娛樂效果
Pretty entertaining.
你想好上大學要選什麼專業了嗎
Do you know what you're going to major in in college?
我傾向選量子色動力學 但誰知道呢
I'm leaning towards quantum chromodynamics, but who knows?
要我幾年前回答 我會答玩具小火車
A few years ago, I would've said choo-choo trains.
那你呢
What about you?
當然是地質學
Oh, geology for sure.
真的嗎
Really?
你什麼時候決定的
When did you decide that?
很久以前啊 吃你的蘋果片
A long time ago. Eat your apple slices.
我們每天都在圖書館用餐
So we eat in the library every day.
歡迎你加入我們
You're welcome to join us.
比在食堂吃好多了
It's much better than the cafeteria.
又安靜 又不太會有人丟食物到我們身上
It's quiet, and a lot less food gets thrown at us.
好啊 或許我明天再來找你們大伙兒
Yeah. Maybe I'll see y'all tomorrow.
好
Right.
大伙兒有機會明天見
Maybe y'all will.
莉比 再見啦
Bye, Libby.
還"大伙兒"呢
"Y'all"?
我是在試圖同化
I'm assimilating.
你閉嘴
Shut up.
今天學校如何啊
So how was school today?
謝爾頓交了女朋友
Sheldon's got a girlfriend.
- 什麼 -你亂說
- What? - That's not true.
是真的 我看到他在學校跟那女孩說話了
Oh, yes, it is. I seen him talking to her at school.
謝爾頓·李·庫珀 你個小色胚
Sheldon Lee Cooper, you dog.
她可愛嗎
Is she cute?
跟什麼東西比
Compared to what?
她讀幾年級
What grade is she in?
11年級
Eleventh.
還是比你大的御姐啊
An older woman.
贊啊
Nice.
幾乎所有人都比我大啊
Most everybody's older than me.
這有什麼好贊的
Why is that nice?
所以你覺得如何 喬治
So what do you think, George?
是時候跟他"聊聊"了嗎
Is it time to have "The talk" with him?
聊什麼
What talk?
不聊 沒人要聊
No talk. Nobody's talking.
如果"聊聊"是指有關人類繁衍的事情
If "The talk" Is in regards to human reproduction,
我已經知道是怎麼個流程了
I already understand how that works.
你怎麼會知道這些
How do you know that?
我告訴他的
I told him.
我的老天啊
Oh, Lord.
所以 我們的小圈子
And so, our little social circle
從兩個人變成了三個人
grew from two to three.
一個早期的我能吸引所有人到我身邊的例子
An early example of how people are just drawn to me.
你的意思是說 如果沒有地質學
Are you saying that without geology,
世界上就不會有進化論嗎
there'd be no theory of evolution?
地質學家查爾斯·萊爾教導達爾文
Charles Lyell taught Charles Darwin
地球比我們所有人認為的還要古老許多
the Earth was much, much older than anyone thought,
這給了達爾文勇氣去發現
which gave Darwin the courage to figure out
所有的生物是在億年多的時間裡進化而來
all species evolved over billions of years.
這很不錯 我可以用這個點
That's good. I can use that
去讓我主日學校的牧師難堪
to humiliate my pastor at Sunday school.
我不知道哪個比較美
I don't know what's more beautiful,
是你美麗的大腦還是雙眸
your mind or your eyes.
丹 別這樣
Tam, please.
我們在吃飯呢
We're eating.
你知道暗中監視小孩很變態吧
You know spying on kids is creepy.
我不是在暗中監視小孩 是在監視你弟弟
I wasn't spying on kids, I was s-spying on your brother.
那你為什麼不直接進去看
Why won't you just go inside?
直接進去就不是暗中監視了吧
Well, then, it wouldn't be spying, now would it?
你驚訝什麼
Oh, what?
你沒說她是黑人啊
You didn't mention she was black.
我應該提嗎
Was I supposed to?
不用 當然不需要啊
No, 'course not.
那你說這個幹嘛
Then why bring it up?
只是跟我預想中的不一樣嘛
It just wasn't what I was expecting.
那你本來預想中的是什麼樣的
What were you expecting?
這學校很大
It's a big school.
你為什麼一定要在這裡
Why are you right here?
圖書管裡有人權鬥士馬丁·路德·金的書
They've got some books in there about Martin Luther King.
或許你該進去讀一讀
Maybe you should go read one.
早安
Morning.
所以為什麼人們花了那麼久的時間
So why did it take people so long
才願意相信大陸漂移說呢
to believe in continental drift,
很明顯能看出非洲跟南美洲
when it's obvious that Africa and South America
- 像拼圖一樣能吻合啊 -才沒有呢
- fit together like a puzzle? - No, they don't.
人們不理解大陸漂移說
People didn't understand continental drift
是因為他們不懂海底擴張學說
because they didn't understand seafloor spreading.
怎麼了
What?
你的智慧
I'm both threatened
令我受到威脅又為之折服
and delighted by your brain.
我只有為之折服
I'm just delighted by it.
還真能合上
They do fit.
這太神奇了吧
That's nuts.
地質學家喜歡在生活中讓自己"沉澱"下來
"Geologists lead a sedimentary lifestyle."
莉比 你這雙關有意思
Libby, that is a good one.
你敢相信他這個樣子嗎
Can you believe what's going on with him?
對啊
I know.
他都快跟那女孩聊了一個小時電話了
He's been on the phone with that girl for almost an hour.
謝爾頓交了女朋友
Sheldon's got a girlfriend.
誰能想到有這可能
What are the odds?
那女孩才不是女朋友
She's not a girlfriend,
兩個人只是精神交流
it's more of a mental rapport.
一切都是這麼開始的
That's where it starts.
我就是用我超凡的智慧贏得你心
I did win you over with my superior intellect.
明明是你的機車 你自己清楚
It was your motorcycle and you know it.
幸好她不是被你的猛男體格所迷惑
Good thing it wasn't your masculine physique,
因為那早已一去不復返了
because that is long gone.
不然你覺得我留著那機車的原因是什麼
Why do you think I kept the motorcycle?
為什麼他可以煲電話粥而我不行
How come he gets to tie up the phone and I can't?
因為發生在他身上的事叫神跡
Because what is happening in there is called a miracle,
而敬畏神的信徒是不會去阻止神跡的
and God-fearing people do not get in the way of those.
小喬治
Hey, Georgie,
如果哪天你能找到女朋友
if you ever find a girlfriend,
或許你能跟你弟弟他們四人約會啊
maybe you can go on a double date with your brother.
那女孩不是他女朋友
She's not his girlfriend.
我也交得到啊
And I can find one...
我只是沒在找女朋友而已
I'm just not looking.
是啊 那的確是地質學的笑話
Yes, that was a geology joke.
或許我們應該在《體育畫報泳裝特輯》
We gotta get that Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue
毀了他人生之前 先把它收走
away from him before he's ruined forever.
莉比莉比莉比啊
Oh, Libby, Libby, Libby.
到底發生什麼了
What is happening?
當時所發生的事呢
What was happening was,
也發生在許多男性身上
like many men before me,
我被有著異域風情的地質學所迷惑了
I was being seduced by the exotic world of geology.
我們在附近的山澗裡尋找著玻隕石
We searched for tektites in a nearby ravine.
玻隕石就是天然玻璃
Tektites are natural glass
是在隕石撞擊後形成的
formed during meteorite impacts.
它們也與浣熊糞便十分相似
They also bear a close resemblance to raccoon feces,
所以我聰明地開始了"不碰玻隕石"政策
so I wisely adopted a "No touching tektites" policy.
這叫完全解理
It's called perfect cleavage
當石膏分離地如此乾淨時的稱呼
when gypsum separates this cleanly.
我當時好為丹感到驕傲
I was so proud of Tam
他沒有開幼稚的乳溝玩笑
for not making an immature cleavage joke.
快看我 我在摸乳溝
Look at me, I'm touching cleavage.
他說完那感覺就消失了
Until he made one.
而晶洞玉石就像是大自然的皮納塔
And, like Mother Nature's pinata,
皮納塔是一種裝滿糖果或玩具的紙糊容器
通常在生日會上懸掛並讓人擊打到掉出獎品
它的裡面也含有秘密的驚喜
geodes contained a secret surprise inside.
而且你不用忍受
But you didn't have to suffer
參加生日派對的痛苦就能享受驚喜
through a birthday party to enjoy it.
怎麼樣了
How's it going?
我想我找出問題所在了
Well, I think I figured out the problem.
問題在哪
What is it?
我對修機械一竅不通
I'm a terrible mechanic.
- 怎麼啦 -這個嘛
- What's up? - Well,
謝爾頓最近花了不少時間
Sheldon's been spending quite a bit of time
跟那叫莉比的女孩混在一起
with this Libby girl, lately.
所以呢
Yeah, so?
他還那麼小
So isn't he a little young
交青少年的朋友真的好嗎
to be hanging with teenagers?
他只是身體還小
Oh, he's only young on the outside.
他心裡就是個老頭
Inside, he's an old man.
我是說認真的
I'm being serious.
我也是啊
So am I.
再給他別上領結 他外表也老了
And with that bowtie, he's old on the outside, too.
我不該來問你的
Sorry I bothered.
等一下
Hang on.
我們送他去念高中時
What did you think was gonna happen
你以為會怎麼樣
when we sent him to high school?
我不知道 他會學習新知識
I don't know, that he'd learn stuff,
然後回到家裡 永遠當我的小寶貝
and then, come back home and be my baby forever.
瑪麗 這對他是好事
Mare, it's good for him.
再過兩年他也許就要上大學了 到時怎麼辦
He may start college in a couple years, what happens then?
我瞬間想到的答案是 我跟他住一間宿舍
Off the top of my head, he and I share a dorm room.
要不是覺得你真可能這麼做 這話還挺好笑的
You know I'd laugh at that if I didn't kind of believe you.
你在幹嘛
What are you doing?
我想上廁所 但裡面有時會不太文明
I need to use the bathroom, but it can get uncivilized in there.
現在裡面有人嗎
Anyone in there now?
我不知道 我害怕找出答案
I don't know. I was afraid to find out.
男廁
廁所有人嗎
Anybody in here?
去吧
Go ahead.
我守在外面
I'll stand guard.
我之前的人生你都跑哪兒去了
Where have you been all my life?
想都別想
I don't think so.
我要尿尿
I gotta pee.
那是你的問題 一邊兒去
That's your problem. Keep moving.
- 謝謝你 -不客氣
- Thank you. - Happy to help.
1點45分時你能來站崗嗎
Is there any chance you'd be available to stand guard at 1:45?
你還有上廁所的時間表嗎
You have a bathroom schedule?
你沒有嗎
You don't?
回見
See you later.
那些說抓住一個男人
Whoever said the quickest way to a man's heart
要先抓住他的胃的人
is through his stomach
沒考慮過自己的小膀胱
did not consider his tiny bladder.
我覺得至今取得最好的太空梭名是"探索號"
I think the best space shuttle name so far is Discovery.
那"挑戰者號"呢
What about Challenger?
- 太咄咄逼人 -"亞特蘭蒂斯號"呢
- Too in-your-face. - Atlantis?
一個浮不起來的虛構島嶼
A fictional island that couldn't stay afloat?
爛得很徹底
I don't think so.
- 還有"企業號"啊 -是沒錯
- There's the Enterprise. - There is,
《星際迷航》裡也有這艘飛船 那才是它的家
and it's on Star Trek, where it belongs.
你知道嗎 自然科學博物館
You know they're playing a space shuttle movie
正在放一部太空梭電影
at the Museum of Natural Science.
- 還是巨幕電影呢 -我也聽說了
- It's in IMAX. - I heard about that.
屏幕好像會超級大
The screen is supposed to be huge.
那裡還在舉辦地質學展覽
They also have a great geology exhibit.
可是博物館在休斯頓
Well, it's in Houston--
- 我們該怎麼去呢 -我來開車
- how are we gonna get there? - I'll drive.
我很想跟你一起看電影
Oh, I would love to see a movie with you.
你不用先徵得你父母同意嗎
Don't you need to ask your parents first?
- 不用 謝爾頓 -但他們不會擔心你在哪兒嗎
- No, Sheldon, I don't. - But won't they worry where you are?
他們不會擔心的
They'll be fine.
我加入
Count me in.
真慶幸你不是我兒子
Glad you're not my son.
現在他想跟他們去休斯頓看電影
And now he wants to see a movie in Houston with them.
為什麼要去休斯頓
Why Houston?
我不知道 那邊有"鋸木"技術之類的
I don't know, it's in MixMax or something.
你意思是我得開車去休斯頓嗎
So you're saying I got to drive to Houston?
不 那姑娘莉比開車
No. This girl Libby's gonna drive.
太好了
Great.
一點都不好 喬治
It's not great, George.
我可不希望我兒子坐上
I don't want my little boy in some car
由青少年駕駛的車
with a teenager behind the wheel.
所有高中生都開車
All high school kids drive.
是嗎 反正我不喜歡
Yeah? Well, I don't like it.
我小的時候
Would you let me get in a car
你會讓我坐陌生人的車嗎
with a stranger when I was young?
沒人約過你出去 所以沒什麼所謂
Well, nobody ever asked you out, so it didn't really matter.
我想跟你聊聊
Hey. I want to talk to you.
等等 我先把火車停入車站
Hold on. Let me bring this into the station
才不會讓通勤乘客們失望
so as not to disappoint my commuters.
他們想回到家人身邊
They'd like to get home to their families.
我考慮了很久 恐怕我不能允許你
I gave it a lot of thought, and I'm afraid I can't allow you
跟朋友開車去休斯頓
to drive to Houston with your friends.
為什麼
Why?
親愛的 你還是個小孩子
Well, honey, you're still a little boy.
我覺得這樣不對
I don't think it's right.
我不是小孩子了 我是高中生了
I'm not a little boy. I'm a high school student.
對不起 但我心意已決
I'm sorry, I made up my mind.
如果你真的很想看這部電影
If you'd really like to see this movie,
我願意開車載你去
I'm willing to drive you.
或許我們可以和你朋友在那會合
Maybe we could meet your friends there.
我不想要我媽咪帶我去
I don't want my mommy to take me.
那你就別想去了
Well, then, you're not going.
憤怒是一種醜陋的情緒
Anger is an ugly emotion.
狂怒更是如此
Unbridled rage even more so.
當我內心充滿怒火時
And when it bubbled up inside me,
我用唯一懂得的方式來轉化這種情緒
I channeled it the only way I knew how.
我仿佛著了魔一樣 給房子徹底大掃除
I cleaned the house like a man possessed.
我聽不見奧普拉說話了
I can't hear Oprah!
關我鳥事
I don't care!
謝爾頓 我得進去
Sheldon, I need to get in there.
去姥姥家上大號吧
Poop at Meemaw's!
你漏了這裡沒擦 怪胎
You missed a spot, weirdo.
我看到了
I see it.
他這副樣子 我該這麼辦
What am I supposed to do with this?
在他的精力用光前 趕緊送去我家
Send him over to my house before he runs out of gas.
好吧 我們談筆交易
All right, I'll make a deal with you.
我在聽
I'm listening.
你可以跟朋友們去休斯頓
You can go to Houston with your friends,
但我想先見見這個女孩
but I want to meet this girl first.
合乎情理
That's very reasonable.
謝謝你
Thank you.
不客氣
You're welcome.
你能把烘乾紙拿下來嗎
Now, can you please reach the dryer sheets?
我站上梯凳會頭暈
I get vertigo on the step stool.
我常被人形容
I've often been accused
頑固不化 恣意妄為
of being stubborn and willful,
但有時這招很有用
but sometimes it works like gangbusters.
請進
Please come in.
請坐
Have a seat.
你家很漂亮
You have a beautiful home.
- 謝謝 -謝謝
- Thank you. - Thank you.
希望你能原諒我 我就想見見
I hope you'll forgive me, I just wanted to meet
開車載我9歲兒子去休斯頓的人
the person driving my nine-year-old son to Houston.
我能理解
I understand.
我也是
Me, too.
我沒跟你說話 丹
I wasn't talking to you, Tam.
還有 我想確定一下
And I just wanted to make certain
你沒被開過罰單
that you've had no traffic tickets
更重要的是 沒出過意外
or, heaven forbid, accidents.
沒有 女士 我開車很小心
No, ma'am. I'm a very safe driver.
- 你完全不必擔心 -很好
- You've got nothing to worry about. - Good.
很好 你以前開車去過休斯頓嗎
Good. Have you made this trip before?
開過幾次
A few times, yes.
你吸大麻嗎
Mm-hmm. You smoke marijuana?
- 媽媽 -不吸 女士
- Mom! - No, ma'am.
勇敢說不
Just say no.
好吧
Well...
這讓我很放心
I find this very reassuring.
我得承認
I have to admit,
我本來有些擔憂 但是
I had some trepidation, but...
見過你之後 我感覺好多了
having met you, I'm feeling a lot better.
那就好 你沒什麼可擔心的 庫珀太太
Good. You've got nothing to worry about, Mrs. Cooper.
我有多年看顧小孩的經驗
I've been babysitting kids for years.
看顧小孩 看顧小孩
Babysitting... babysitting...
看顧小孩
Babysitting.
看顧小孩 看顧小孩
Babysitting... babysitting...
我有多年看顧小孩的經驗
I've been babysitting kids for years.
不好意思
Excuse me.
我不太舒服
I don't feel well.
他們自己去吧 我不去了
They'll have to go without me.
謝利 你沒事吧
Shelly, you okay?
有事
No.
你想談談嗎
You want to talk about it?
不想
No.
想一個人待會嗎
You want me to leave you alone?
不想
No.
我本來以為和莉比是平輩相交
I thought Libby and I were equals,
誰知道她將我視為小孩子
but she thinks of me as a child.
很遺憾 寶貝
I'm sorry, baby.
現在這樣叫我是雪上加霜
Calling me that isn't helping right now.
也是 對不起
Right. Sorry.
她的年紀幾乎是你的兩倍
She is almost twice your age.
有些人年紀比我大五倍
There are people five times my age
還是比我蠢啊
that are stupider than me.
這跟聰明沒關係
This is not about being smart.
- 那還跟什麼有關係 -這個嘛
- What else is there? - Well...
人有其它方面的成熟
there's other kinds of maturity.
怎麼了
What's up?
不關你的事
None of your business.
他為什麼哭了
Why is he crying?
再說一遍 不關你的事
Again, it's none of your business.
請你離開
Please go.
好吧 塞萊斯特和我都很上道
Fine. Celeste and I know when we aren't wanted.
我們剛說到哪兒了
Where were we?
各種各樣的成熟
Different kinds of maturity.
沒錯
That's right.
有情感上的成熟 身體上的成熟
There's emotional maturity, physical maturity,
很多都跟聰明與否無關
all things that have nothing to do with being smart.
你是在說我在情感上不成熟嗎
Are you suggesting I'm not emotionally mature?
我只是暗示這一點
I was hinting at it.
不管怎樣 我都不想再交朋友了
Regardless, I'm not interested in making any more friends.
我想那不是你真實的想法
Oh, I don't think that's how you really feel.
就是的
It is.
從今以後 我要過上隱士般的生活
From now on, it's a hermit's life for me.
我很肯定 你長大後
I bet, when you grow up, you will be surrounded
會交到很多聰明 優秀的朋友
by lots of smart, wonderful friends.
我覺得那是不可能的
I can't see that happening.
反正
Well,
主自有他的安排
the Lord works in mysterious ways.
你又要搬出神的那一套了
And here we go with the God talk.
你好
Hey.
你好
Hey.
巨幕電影看得怎麼樣了
How was the IMAX movie?
這個嘛
Well...
好的 狀態 找到他們了嗎
Okay, status. Find them?
去吧 指引...
Go. Guidance...
你在幹什麼
What are you doing?
你覺得我在幹什麼
What do you think I'm doing?
把爪子收回去 否則我把它擰斷
Move your arm before I rip it off.
氣氛變得有些尷尬
It got a little uncomfortable.
為什麼
Why is that?
莉比對我有意思
Libby's got feelings for me,
但我覺得保持朋友關係比較好
but I think it's better we just stay friends.
最近我又思考了一下地質學
I've been giving geology some more thought.
結果呢
Yeah, and?
我決定了 那不是真正的科學
I've decided it's not really a science.
- 不是嗎 -不是 比較像是愛好
- It's not? - No, it's more like a hobby.
收集石頭
Rock collecting.
挺幼稚的
Childish, really.
我懂你意思
I can see that.
如你們所見
As you can see,
有時一個絕頂聰明的人
sometimes a person can be both incredibly intelligent
也會滿口胡言
and full of baloney.
--
Get more,click it.
高分美劇《小謝爾頓》第1季第14集中英文劇本臺詞對白字幕-看美劇學英語