如何參加職場面試 2 How to Interview for a Job Part 2

2021-01-07 英語東

瀏覽器版本過低,暫不支持視頻播放

You're hired!

你被錄用了!

Two words everyone loves to hear.

這幾個詞每個人都愛聽。

But before we hear those words comes (dun dun duuuuhn! )" the interview" .

但是我們在聽到這些詞之前需要經歷"面試"。

Today's video is part two in a series that's all about preparing for a job interview.

今天的視頻是關於如何準備工作面試的系列視頻的第二個。

This is part two of a five-part series on preparing for an interview.

此系列視頻共五個,今天這個是第二個。

Interviewing for a job can be a huge source of stress and anxiety.

為找一份新工作去面試,讓人感到有壓力而且非常焦慮。

And if you're interviewing for a job in a non-native language, the stress can be even higher.

而且,如果你需要使用非母語去面試一份工作,壓力可能會更大。

In this video you'll see me interview for a job.

在這個視頻中,你將會看到我去面試一份工作。

Throughout the interview, we'll discuss some of the most common interview questions and how to answer them.

通過這次面試,我們將會討論幾個最常見的面試問題和回答方法。

You'll also learn some basic information to get you started on creating your own answers to these questions.

你也可以了解到一些信息,然後創建屬於自己的問題答案。

Let's pick up where we left off in the first video.

我們從第一個視頻結束的地方開始吧。

TK: That's great. Can you tell me how you heard about this position?

TK: 很好。你能告訴我你是怎樣獲知這個職位的嗎?

Can you tell me how you heard about this position? This is a common question that you'll hear in interviews.

你能告訴我你是怎樣獲知這個職位的嗎?這是一個你會在面試中常常聽到的問題。

It's a chance to share a little bit about the research that you've done in order to learn about the position you are applying for.

這是一個可以分享一點你既往工作經驗的機會,也可以作為一個了解你應聘崗位的機會。

It's also a chance to share if someone from inside the company let you know about the position.

同時,這也是一個機會去告訴應聘公司,是否有內部人向你推薦了該職位。

Here are some example responses: I heard about the position from one of your current employees, Bob Greene.

這裡有幾個示範回答:我從你們公司員工鮑勃·格林那裡聽說了這個職位。

I heard about the position from my friend Liz Miller, who works in Accounting.

我從朋友利茲·米勒那裡聽說了這個職位,她在你們公司的會計部工作。

I saw this position on LinkedIn.

我在領英上看到了這個職位。

I read about the position on your website.

我在你們公司的網站上看到了這個職位。

Since this is a simple question with a simple answer, think about your answer and practice it out loud before your interview.

由於這是一個容易回答的簡單問題,所以面試前,請構思回答並且大聲地練習。

Record yourself and listen.

錄音並回放。

Are you easy to understand?

你的回答是否容易被理解?

Are there any words that are challenging for you?

是否有難以表達的詞?

Practice these words separately, slowly, thinking about the mouth position.

單獨地、緩慢地練習這些詞語,思索相應的口型。

As it becomes more comfortable, speed it up.

等到你可以很順暢地說出這些詞時,加快表達速度。

You're going to want to practice tough words 10,20,30 times in a row.

對於困難的詞彙,你需要一次性練習10次、20次甚至30次。

Build your muscle memory, so in the interview it will naturally be easier to pronounce.

建立肌肉記憶,這樣在面試中你就會輕鬆自然地說出來了。

TK: That's great. Can you tell me how you heard about this position?

TK: 很好。你能告訴我你是怎樣獲知這個職位的嗎?

RS: Of course.

RS:當然。

A friend of mine saw the position listed on LinkedIn and forwarded it to me, so I spent some time on your website learning about the position and the company.

我的一位朋友在領英上看到了該職位,並轉發給了我。於是,我花了些時間去公司網站上了解公司信息和職位信息。

I also read an article in Business Weekly about your work that really got me interested.

而且我也在《商業周刊》上也讀到了一篇關於公司業務的文章,使我對公司的業務很感興趣。

TK: What attracted you to our company?

TK: 我們公司哪方面吸引了你?

Common Question: What attracted you to our company?

常見問題:我們公司哪方面吸引了你?

This question gives you the opportunity to share what you know about the company, and why you would like to work there.

這個問題給了你一個機會來展示你對公司的了解以及想來公司工作的原因。

Some ways to begin your response include the following.

有以下幾種回答方式。

Notice that most responses show that you have a strong feeling about what you learned.

注意,大多數回答都應該顯露出你學過的東西。

This will give the interviewer more information about who you are and what you might bring to the position.

這會給面試官們帶來很多信息,關於你是誰和你能為這個崗位帶來什麼。

I was really impressed with your commitment to renewable energy.

我十分佩服您在可再生能源方面的貢獻。

I was very excited to learn that you support your research department so strongly.

我非常高興地了解到您在市場調研部舉足輕重。

I read that you encourage employees to spend time with each other outside the workplace, and that is something I really appreciate.

我聽說您鼓勵員工,在工作之外多花時間相處,這一點,我非常的贊同。

Again, think about the answer to this question before your interview, and practice your responses using recordings and repetition.

同樣的,在面試前思考自己對該問題的回答,同樣通過錄音反覆練習答案。

Even if this question is not asked, the time spent practicing the response will be helpful when you answer other questions during the interview.

即使該問題沒有被問到,你花費時間練習,這也會在回答其他問題時很有幫助。

TK: What attracted you to our company?

TK:我們公司哪方面吸引了你?

RS: To be honest, what really caught my eye was your focus on growth.

RS:老實說,真正吸引我的是公司對個人成長的重視。

I was really impressed with your ambitious goals and the clear plan you have for achieving those goals.

我對貴司的宏偉目標,以及為實現這些目標所制定的條理性的計劃印象深刻。

I also like the support you provide for your employees.

同時我很欣賞你們對員工的支持。

I love your continuing education initiatives, where you pay for employees to educate themselves in new techniques and skill sets.

我喜歡你們為員工提供的持續教育,你們支付費用讓員工參加新技術和新技能的培訓。

I think that really helps to build employee satisfaction and loyalty.

我認為這對於員工滿意度和忠誠度的建立很有幫助。

TK: You've obviously done your homework. What would you say is your greatest strength?

TK:很顯然你做了功課。你認為自己最大的優勢是什麼?

Common Question: What would you say is your greatest strength?

常見問題:你認為自己最大的優勢是什麼?

This question gives you the chance to talk about what you do really well as an employee, and as a person.

這個問題給了你一個機會去談論,作為一名員工、一個個體,真正擅長的事情。

You can share what your greatest strength is, then explain how that helps you in your current job or life.

你可以陳述自己最大的優勢,然後解釋它如何你目前的工作或生活中幫助你的。

For example: My greatest strength is _________. I find that this is very important when I _______.

例如:我最大的優勢是_________。當我_______的時候,我發現它很重要。

My greatest strength is flexibility.

我最大的優勢是適應能力。

I find that this is very important when I'm working with lots of different people and opinions.

當我與其他眾多持有不同觀點的人共事的時候,我發現適應能力很重要。

To practice answering this question, write down: My greatest strength is (blank).

為了練習回答這個問題,請寫下:我最大的優勢是(空白)。

Then, fill in your strength.

隨後,填入你的優勢。

Write down how this strength is demonstrated in your life and work.

請寫下在你的生活和工作中,這種優勢是如何表現出來的。

You may come up with several different strengths you want to highlight.

你可能想出了幾個想要突出的不同的優勢。

That's great, practice them all.

這樣很好,將它們都練習一遍。

But in the interview, you'll only want to use one or two answers.

但是在面試中,你只需要使用一兩個來回答。

Practice answering the questions out loud, based on what you wrote down.

大聲地練習你寫下的答案。

But don't just memorize written text.

但是不要死記。

Practice speaking freely on these ideas.

練習自由地談論這些觀點。

TK: What would you say is your greatest strength?

TK:你認為自己最大的優勢是什麼?

RS: I would say, my greatest strength is a combination of enthusiasm and persistence.

RS:我想說,我最大的優勢是熱情與毅力。

My work ethic won't let me settle for less than my best.

我的職業道德標準促使我不做到最好不罷休。

I'm able to persevere through challenges and setbacks without falling into frustration or anger.

我能夠在挑戰和挫折中堅持,並且不陷入沮喪和憤怒。

I've noticed that this tends to keep those around me in good spirits as well, which is a plus.

我發現自己促使周圍的人擁有良好的精神狀態,這是一個附加優勢。

TK: That's very good.

TK:非常棒。

To be continued!

未完待續!

We'll pick it up from here in the next video in this series, where we'll talk about some questions that could be tough to answer.

本系列的下一集視頻我們會從這裡繼續講述,在那裡我們會談論一些較難回答的問題。

Talking about setbacks and challenges at work.

我們會談論到工作中的挫折和挑戰。

I hope this video on job interviews has been helpful. There's nothing better than walking out of an interview feeling that you were fully prepared!

希望這次關於工作面試的節目可以幫助到大家。沒有比走出面試房間,感覺自己準備充足更爽的事情了!

If you have interview-related questions or stories, please post them in the comments below. I'd love to hear them.

如果你有面試相關的問題或故事,請發布在下方的評論區裡。我非常樂意了解。

Are you signed up for my mailing list? If so, you get free weekly emails in your inbox with English videos and lessons, as well stories of American culture and my own life.

你是否訂閱了我的郵件?如果是的話,每周你將會收到免費的郵件,裡面有英語視頻、課程,美國文化故事和我的生活故事。

Click here or in the description to sign up.

點擊這裡或者看下面的描述。

That's it, and thanks so much for using Rachel's English.

就到這裡吧。謝謝大家使用瑞秋英語。

相關焦點

  • 如何參加職場面試 1 How to Interview for a Job Part 1
    ) the interview.你被錄用了!這幾個詞每個人都愛聽。不過聽到這些詞之前,會有場面試。Today's video is part one in a series that's all about preparing for a job interview.今天的視頻是關於如何準備工作面試的系列視頻的第一個。
  • 英語情景對話話題精粹:Foreign Company Job Interview
    David:So tell me what do you know about job interviews?能告訴我你對求職面試了解多少呢?   You:For a job interview, there are several parts, the first one is knowing how to write a resume, the second is how to write a cover letter and the third is how to answer interview questions.
  • 15個單詞可能毀掉你的外企英文面試
    Receiving an invitation for a job interview can be an exciting time – especially after you』ve been job-searching for a while.收到面試邀請令人激動——尤其是在你花了不少時間找工作的時候。
  • 新東方雅思寫作語料庫:面試是否是招聘新人的可靠方式
    很多職場新鮮人,有激情和夢想,卻缺乏經驗和技能,培訓成本較高,期間,新鮮人可能會主動離職。相反,啟用獵頭公司,空降兵高端人才。利用人脈資源,重金聘請行業精英,對於企業而言,雖然成本較高,其創造的價值同樣可觀。   【作家立場】 面試可能是招聘高效職員有效方式之一,但是,不是最佳的唯一的方式,依賴獵頭公司或者直接招募空降兵也許是更好的選擇。
  • 面試技巧- 零售銷售助理 Retail Sales Assistant
    I'm going to take you through an interview for a retail sales position.我將帶你了解零售銷售員職位的面試。我會問一些面試的問題,問完每個問題後,建議你暫停視頻,這樣你可以思考你即將要給出的答案。Say your answers out loud so it'll be like a real interview.大聲說出你的答案,把它當做真正的面試。
  • 面試官這個靈魂拷問,究竟怎麼答?
    面試官們經常跟我提到說面試時幾乎沒有面試者提問。有人想問薪水、工作職責等等,但又不知道如何開口。Remember, at a job interview, YOU are also interviewing the company.要記住,工作面試時,你同樣也在面試這家公司。
  • 面試官這個靈魂拷問,究竟怎麼答?
    面試官們經常跟我提到說面試時幾乎沒有面試者提問。 有人想問薪水、工作職責等等,但又不知道如何開口。 Remember, at a job interview, YOU are also interviewing the company.要記住,工作面試時,你同樣也在面試這家公司。
  • 面試英語口語:應聘機械工程師
    新東方網>英語>英語學習>職場英語>面試英語>正文面試英語口語:應聘機械工程師 2012-06-15 11:54 來源:網絡 作者:新東方編輯整理
  • THROUGHPUT ACCOUNTING AND THE THEORY OF CONSTRAINTS, PART 2
    Step 2: Decide how to exploit the system’s bottlenecks This involves making sure that the bottleneck resource
  • 常見求職面試誤區:三思而後行(中英)
    求職面試者的誤區   1. Has a poor personal appearance. 衣著形象不佳。   2. Is unable to express self clearly; has poor voice, diction〖措辭〗, and grammar.
  • My Career as a Separation Scientist: Part 2
    My first industrial job prospect came from a headhunter, and I received a job offer for $23,000 from Celanese Research Company in Summit, New Jersey (NJ).
  • 面試回答:為什麼你會被解僱?
    工作面試回答:為什麼你會被解僱?Fired from your job? Don't know what to say in an interview?Career expert and author, Joyce Lain Kennedy, shares her twelve best job interview answers to the question "Why were you fired?"被解僱了嗎?不知道在面試中應該怎麼說?職場專家Joyce Lain Kennedy分享了她關於該問題的12個最佳答案。
  • 面試時怎樣用英文談缺點
    Yet in today’s weak job market, the wrong answer weakens your chances of winning employment.  「缺點」問題是求職面試中最常見也最讓人頭痛的一個問題。而在眼下就業市場疲軟的情況下,不恰當的回答將降低你贏得工作的機會。
  • 如何寫出抓住僱主眼球的英文求職信
    只有過了這一關才能進入第二輪面試,所以這關顯得尤為重要。那麼如何寫出精彩的求職信呢?   There are 6 key points you should include in your covering letter:   求職信應該包括6個關鍵內容:   1.
  • 程式設計師面試通關的 101 道真題
    地址:https://www.educative.io/courses/grokking-the-coding-interview?affiliate_id=5073518643380224以上就是編程面試的資源庫,這些資源的目的不是教你如何解決編程問題,而是教你如何通過各個模式解決特定類型的編程問題。掌握這些基本模式,就無需再懼怕面試中遇到的任何問題。
  • 英語不好,可以參加外航空乘面試嗎?
    英語不好,可以參加外航空乘面試嗎?外航面試看重英語等級嗎?什麼樣的英語等級算是合格的呢?口語還不錯可是沒有考級可以嗎?今天鳳天乘雲航空英語培訓機構小編來給大家解開這個疑惑:首先讓我們聽聽已入職的外航前輩or,面試外航的經驗者怎麼說。1.英文流利水平。作為一名合格的外航空乘,你的英文不僅要在飛機上面對世界各地的乘客從容不迫,聽清楚他們的要求,給他們講好各種安全知識,同時也要能嫻熟地與你的機組同事溝通,共同配合完成這趟飛行。
  • 職場經驗談:面試如何說我的優缺點
    求職面試時,面試官經常會問一個問題:「請簡單說一下你的優點和缺點。」對於這個問題,網絡上流行著很多答題策略,有的職場新人直接套用,把「自己的優缺點」流利地背誦出來。小編提醒職場新人,在回答此類問題時切忌死記硬背,要根據職位特點有針對性地回答。下面我們來看看面試如何說優缺點。
  • 職場面試被問如何讓一張紙值100元,你是直接走人,還是如實回答
    又是一年大學畢業季,今年又有800多萬高校畢業生離開大學校園進入職場。進入職場,對於這些大學生畢業生來說,往往需要過面試這一關。因為在大學象牙塔都比較單純,一進入職場,卻要面對各種形形色色的面試,面對各種奇葩的問題,面對咄咄逼人的面試官,大學畢業生往往有點不適應。因此,導致不少大學畢業生被企業淘汰。一些網際網路企業,特別需要思維敏捷的人才。
  • 面試英語:結束面試Ways to Contact You篇
    面試英語:結束面試Ways to Contact You篇  Ending the Interview -- Ways to Contact You  I: How can we contact you about our decision ?