和我們一起去怎麼樣?
I’m on my way to get something to eat.
(我正要去吃飯。)
We are, too. Why don’t you join us?
(我們也是。和我們一起去怎麼樣?)
Why don’t you ...? 「……怎麼樣?」, 表示建議。join 指「加入」。
It’s time to leave.
(該走了。)
Can we all go together?
(我們可以一起走嗎?)
It’s time to ... 「到該做……的時間了」。
all together 「大家一起」。
Why don’t we go together?
Why don’t you go with us?
(和我們一起走怎麼樣?)
Why not come with us?
How about joining us?
Are we all going together?
(大家一起去好嗎?)
Is it possible for us to all go together?
和我一起來好嗎?
Would you like to come along?
(和我一起來好嗎?)
Are you sure it’s okay?
(真的可以嗎?)
come along 「一起來」、 「跟隨」。
Would you like to come with me?
Do you want to go with me?
Would you like to join me?
How about joining me?
How about ...? 表示建議, 「……怎麼樣?」。
我們共進晚餐如何?
Why don’t we get together for dinner?
(我們共進晚餐如何?)
That’s a great idea.
(好主意。)
get together 「聚會」、 「會合」。
Would you like to meet for dinner?
Let’s get together for dinner.
What do you say to getting together for dinner?
How about getting together for dinner?
How about dinner together?
6點之前你能到這兒嗎?
Can you make it here by six?
(6點之前你能到這兒嗎?)
Yeah, if nothing comes up.
(嗯, 如果不發生什麼意外的話。)
make it是口語, 也有「完成(某件事情)」的意思, 不過這裡指「到達(目的地等)」。
nothing 「什麼也沒有」。come up 「 (問題)產生」、 「發生」。
Can you come over here by six?
come over 「過來」。
Will you be able to make it by six?
be able to ... 「能夠……」。
湯姆邀請我今晚出去吃晚飯。
Tom asked me out to dinner tonight.
(湯姆邀請我今晚出去吃晚飯。)
That’s very nice of him.
(他真好。)
Tom asked me to dinner.
Tom is taking me to dinner.
我明天沒有什麼計劃。
I have nothing planned tomorrow.
(我明天沒有什麼計劃。)
Can you come to my presentation?
(你能來聽我的口頭報告嗎?)
I don’t have anything I have to do tomorrow.
I don’t have anything scheduled for tomorrow.
你想去買東西嗎?
Do you want to do any shopping?
(你想去買東西嗎?)
I’m ready to shop until I drop.
(我隨時都可以。)
shopping 「購物」。
ready 「做好準備」。until 「直到」。「I’m ready to shop until I drop.」是習慣用語, 指「永遠都可以買」,