讓我們都冷靜一點吧。
OK, Let's cool off for a few minutes.
(好, 讓我們都冷靜一點吧。)
I can't. I'm too upset!
(我做不到。我太生氣了!)
對吵架或發生口角的人可以使用。cool off 「冷靜」、 「使安靜」、 「使鎮靜」。
upset 「憤怒的」。
Let's take a break for a couple of minutes.
(讓我們休息幾分鐘吧。)
a couple of 「兩三個」、 「幾個」。
Let's cool down for a few minutes.
cool down 「冷靜」、 「安靜」、 「使鎮靜」。
我是不會在意這種事的。
I was late for work.
(我上班遲到了。)
I wouldn't worry about it.
(我是不會在意這種事的。)
worry about ... 「擔心……」、 「在意……」。
The report is due tomorrow.
(報告要在明天提交。)
Don't worry about it.
(別擔心。)
I wouldn't let it bother you.
Try not to let it concern you.
這裡的concern指「記掛」。
I don't think it's a big deal.
(我不認為這是什麼大不了的事。)
big deal 「大的事情(物或人)」。
如果我們不仔細, 就可能弄得一團糟。
If we're not careful, we may mess up.
(如果我們不仔細, 就可能弄得一團糟。)
We can't let that happen.
(我們不能讓這種事發生。)
careful 「仔細的」。mess up 「 (工作或計劃等)泡湯」、 「一團糟」。
We could mess up if we're not careful.
We have to be careful not to mess up.
not to ... 「為了不……」。
恐怕只是嘴上說說而已。
Do you think they'll really do it?
(你認為他們真的會這樣做嗎?)
It could be only lip service.
(恐怕只是嘴上說說而已。)
lip service 「嘴上的話(支持或約定)」。
They could be saying one thing, but doing another.
(他們嘴上說的是一套, 做的又是另一套。)
It could be all talk.
(也許不過是說說而已。)
不要光想著你自己。
I don't gain anything doing that.
(那樣做對我沒一點好處。)
Don't think only of yourself.
(不要光想著你自己。)
gain 「得到(有利的東西)」。
think only of ... 「只考慮……」。
Think of someone else for a change.
(偶爾也想想別人。)
for a change 「換換心情」、 「偶爾」。
You're not the only one who matters.
(重要的不光是你自己。)
matter 「重要」。
Don't be self-centered. (別自私。)
self-centered 「以自我為中心的」、 「 自私的」。
事情不會那麼簡單。
That's not going to be easy.
(事情不會那麼簡單。)
I am confident you can handle it.
(我相信你能處理好。)
handle 「很好地處理」。
That's going to take some doing.
這裡的take指「需要」。
That'll be tough.
tough 「艱辛的」、 「困難的」。
要在一年之內掌握英語很難。
I'm frustrated with my English.
(我為自己的英語能力感到頭疼。)
It's difficult to master English in a year.
(要在一年之內掌握英語很難。)
master 「掌握」、 「精通」。說「在一年之內」時要用in。
It's very hard to learn English in one year.
One year is not long enough to master English.
(要掌握英語一年時間是不夠的。)