你沒來真是太遺憾了。
I wish you were here.
(你沒來真是太遺憾了。)
I really wanted to go with you.
(我真的很想跟你去的。)
直譯是「你要在就好了」。通過電話等和不在現場的對方說的話。
I wish you could be here.
I wish you could have come.
It's not the same without you.
這事我做不了主。
Don't transfer me to Vietnam.
(不要把我調到越南去。)
It's beyond my control.
(這事我做不了主。)
It's out of my hands.
(這件事不歸我管。)
out of one's hands 「從……的手中離開」、 「脫離……的管轄」。
I have no say in the matter.
(在這件事上我沒有發言權。)
have no say in ... 「在……上沒有發言權」。
沒關係。
I'm sorry, you weren't chosen for the job.
(抱歉, 這份工作沒有讓你來做。)
It doesn't bother me.
(沒關係。)
choose 「選擇」。
bother 「使發愁」、 「使煩惱」。
They've decided to go with John's idea instead of yours.
(他們決定採納約翰的意見而不是你的。)
I don't care. It's no big deal.
(無所謂。不是什麼大不了的事。)
They've 是 They have的縮寫。decide 「決意」、「決定」。go with 「同意」、 「進行」。instead of ...「代
替……」。
「I don't care.」是美國人常說的話, 表示「我無所謂」的意思。吵架時也使用。deal除了「交易」的意思外,
在big deal中表示「了不起的事情」。
I'm not bothered by it.
I don't mind. It's no trouble.
(我不介意。這不是問題。)
trouble 「擔心」、 「辛苦」。
It doesn't matter. It's nothing to worry about.
(沒關係。沒什麼可擔心的。)
worry 「擔心」、 「煩惱」。
沒什麼。
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take your sale away.
(對不起, 我沒打算搶走你的生意。)
No hard feelings.
(沒什麼。)
hard feelings 「反感」、 「仇恨」。「No hard feelings.」是習慣用語, 表示「我沒想這麼壞」、 「我不生氣」、
「請不要介意」。
No problem.
Don't worry about it.
That's okay.
請不要擔心。
I don't think we'll be able to deliver on time.
(我們恐怕沒辦法按時送貨了。)
Please don't worry about that.
(請不要擔心。)
on time 「按時」。
worry about 「擔心……」。
Don't be concerned about that.
(別擔心那個。)
be concerned about ... 「擔心……」、 「關心……」。
It's not a problem.
【 No的說法[1] 】
否定的說法有很多種, 但是, 很多情況下單用一個「No」字還不夠充分或太過直接。下面我們就來看一下在
一些場合中能夠更好地進行否定的短語。
◆ 別把我卷進去。
A: You talk to him.
(你替我和他說。)
B: Don't involve me.
(別把我卷進去。)
◆ 不要了。
A: Let's eat out.
(我們去外面吃吧。)
B: Let's not.
(不要了。)
◆ 我不想做。
A: Do this.
(你做吧。)
B: I don't want to.
(我不想做。)
◆ 不可能。
A: Finish this by Monday, okay?
(星期一前把它做完, 可以嗎?)
B: Impossible.
(不可能。)
◆ 當然沒有。
A: Do you have my book?
(你拿了我的書嗎?)
B: Of course not.
(當然沒有。)
◆ 現在不行。
A: Can I talk to you?
(我可以和你談談嗎?)
B: Not now.
(現在不行。)