【新朋友】點擊標題下面藍字【可可英語】加關注
【老朋友】點擊手機右上角圖標【轉發分享】內容
Conversation A
對話A
Rob: Today my guest is a tailor. Welcome to the show, Tim.
羅布:今天,我的來賓是一位裁縫師。蒂姆,歡迎來上節目。
Tim: Thank you, Rob.
蒂姆:羅布,謝謝你。
Rob: Please tell us about your job.
羅布:請跟我們談談你的工作。
Tim: Well, a tailor makes, repairs and adjusts clothes.
蒂姆:這個嘛,裁縫師的工作是製作、修補以及調整衣服。
Rob: Can I buy shirts and pants from your shop?
羅布:我可以到你的店裡買襯衫和長褲嗎?
Tim: Yes. But my shop is not just a clothing store.
蒂姆:可以,可是我的店不只是一家服飾店。
Rob: What do you mean?
羅布:怎麼說?
Conversation B
對話B
Tim: A tailor measures you first.
蒂姆:裁縫師會先為你量身。
Rob: So you get the right size?
羅布:這樣才能知道正確的尺寸嗎?
Tim: Yes. But tailors actually make your clothes. They don't just pick the correct size off a hanger.
蒂姆:沒錯。可是裁縫師會實際上為你製作衣服,而不只是挑選尺寸適當的成衣。
Rob: Then your clothes fit really well.
羅布:這樣做出來的衣服就會非常合身。
Tim: Yes. But sometimes clothes don't fit well. Then a tailor can adjust them.
蒂姆:的確。不過有時候衣服會不合身,這時裁縫師就可以加以調整修改。
Rob: That's great!
羅布:真是太棒了!