Hello, everyone!今天分享的短語是「pull sb's leg」,「pull」指「拉;拽;扯;拖」,很多朋友剛見到這個短語的時候以為是「拽某人的腿」,其實它的真實含義是:
pull one's leg 捉弄某人;和某人開玩笑
Is it really your car or are you pulling my leg?
這真是你的汽車,還是你在和我開玩笑?
Don’t worry. I’m just pulling your leg.
別擔心,我只是和你開個玩笑而已。
說到開玩笑,第一個學到的單詞是:
joke 笑話;玩笑 n.
Did I tell you the joke about the chicken crossing the road?
我跟你講過小雞過馬路的笑話嗎?
She tied his shoelaces together for a joke.
她跟他開玩笑,把他的鞋帶系在了一起。
crack a joke 講笑話
I cracked a few jokes to try to cheer everyone up.
我講了一些笑話,試圖讓大家高興起來。
It's serious. This is no time to crack a joke.
這是很嚴肅的,不是開玩笑的時候。
joke 說笑話 v. joke還可以作為動詞
They joked and laughed as they looked at the photos.
他們看著照片,邊開玩笑邊大笑。
It's more serious than you think, so please don't joke about it.
這比你想像的嚴重,請不要再對此開玩笑了。
kid(與某人)開玩笑;哄騙
Oh no, I forgot your birthday! Hey, just/only kidding!
啊,我把你的生日忘了!嘿,開玩笑的!
You won first prize? You're kidding!
你得了第一?開玩笑吧!
jest 笑話;滑稽事 n.
His proposal was no jest - he was completely sincere.
他的建議不是開玩笑,他完全是認真的。
jest 開玩笑 v.
Would I jest about something so important?
我會拿這麼重要的事開玩笑嗎?