Formal
正式
We are happy to let you know that your article has been selected for publication.
我們很高興地通知您,您的文章已被選定出版。
I am glad to inform you that we will be holding our annual conference in Brussels on 20 September 2014.
我很高興地通知您,我們將於2014年9月20日在布魯塞爾舉行我們的年會。
We regret to inform you that the show has been cancelled due to bad weather conditions.
我們遺憾地通知您,由於天氣惡劣,演出取消了。
We are willing to arrange another meeting with the CEO.
我們願意與董事長再安排一次會晤。
We would be glad to send you another statement if necessary.
如有必要,我們將另發一份聲明。
Please do let me know if I can be of further assistance.
如果我能得到進一步的幫助,請告訴我。
Should you need any further information/assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
如果您需要進一步的信息/幫助,請務必與我們聯繫。
Informal
非正式
I’m sorry, but I can’t make it tomorrow. (= I can’t come tomorrow.)
對不起,我明天去不了。(我明天不能來。)
I’m happy to tell you that John and I are getting married next month.
我很高興地告訴你,約翰和我下個月就要結婚了。
Would you like me to come early and help you clear up the place?
你想讓我早點來幫你打掃這個地方嗎?
How about I come and help you out?
我來幫助你走出困境怎麼樣?
Do you need a hand with moving the furniture?
你需要幫忙搬這些家具嗎?
COMPLAINING
投訴
Formal
正式
I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with… / to complain about…
我寫信是為了表達我對……的不滿/抱怨…
I regret to say that I was not completely satisfied with the room you provided us.
很遺憾,我對你們提供的房間不太滿意。
We regret to inform you that your payment is considerably overdue.
我們遺憾地通知你,你的付款逾期未付。
I would like to receive a full refund and compensation for the damages.
我希望得到全額退款和損失賠償。
I am interested to hear how your company can compensate us for the distress we suffered.
我很想聽聽貴公司如何賠償我們所遭受的損失。
Informal
非正式
I’m sorry to say that you’re late with the payments.
很抱歉,你付款遲交了。
I hope you won’t mind me saying that the place you』d recommended to us wasn’t as nice as we』d expected.
我希望你不會介意。我說你推薦給我們的地方沒有我們想像中的那麼好。
APOLOGIZING
道歉
Formal
正式
We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused.
對於由此造成的不便,我們深表歉意。
Please accept our apologies for the delay.
對於延誤,請接受我們的歉意。
Please let us know what we can do to compensate you for the damages caused.
請讓我們知道,我們能做什麼來賠償你造成的損失。
We will make sure that this will not happen again in the future.
我們將確保今後不會再發生這種情況。
I am afraid I will not be able to attend the conference.
恐怕我不能出席會議了。
Informal
非正式
I’m sorry for the trouble I caused.
我為我造成的麻煩感到抱歉。
I apologize for the delay.
很抱歉耽擱了您的時間。
I promise it won’t happen again
我保證不會再發生這種事了。
I’m sorry, but I can’t make it to the meeting.
對不起,我不能出席會議。
ATTACHING FILES
附加文件
Formal
正式
I am attaching my CV for your consideration.
我隨信附上我的簡歷供您參考。
I am sending you the brochure as an attachment.
我隨函附上小冊子。
Please see the statement attached.
請參閱所附聲明。
Please find attached the file you requested.
請附上您所要求的文件。
I am afraid I cannot open the file you have sent me.
恐怕我不能打開你寄給我的文件。
Could you send it again in … format?
您能用…格式再發送一次嗎?
Informal
非正式
I’m attaching/sending you the holiday photos.
我把假日照片附在裡面/寄給你。
Sorry, but I can’t open it. Can you send it again in … format?
對不起,我打不開。你能用…格式再發一次嗎?
ENDING
結束語
Formal
正式
I look forward to hearing from you.
我期待著你的回信。
I look forward to hearing when you are planning to visit our town.
我期待著收到你計劃訪問我們城鎮的回信。
Informal
非正式
Hope to hear from you soon.
希望很快收到你的來信。
I’m looking forward to seeing you.
我盼望見到你。
CLOSING FORMULA
結尾詞
Formal
正式
Yours faithfully, (when you start with Dear Sir/ Madam,)
您忠實的(當你開始於親愛的先生/女士,)
Yours sincerely, (when you start with the name e.g. Dear Ms Collins)
您真誠的(當你以名字開始,例如親愛的柯林斯女士)
Sincerely Yours, (AmE)
謹上,(美式)
Sincerely, (AmE)
真誠地,(美式)
Yours Truly, (AmE)
敬上,(美式)
Informal
非正式
Love,
愛你的,
Thanks,
感謝,
Take care,
珍重,
Yours,
你的,
Best regards, (semi-formal, also BR)
祝你好運,(半正式,同樣適用於英式英語)
One more thing to keep in mind is that in formal correspondence contractions are rarely used, so remember to write 』I do not』 instead of 』I don’t』 or ’they cannot』 instead of ’they can’t』 and so on.
還有一點要記住的是,在正式信函中很少使用縮寫,所以記住寫全稱的「我不」或「他們不能」,而不是縮寫的「我不」或「他們不能」等等。