我們在購物的過程中詢問價格時,經常會說how much。
請看以下對話場景:
Roc準備請Sara吃完飯,他要穿得隆重一些,現在他要先去商店買一條領帶。
Shopkeeper: Good afternoon. What can I do for you?
【下午好,您需要點什麼?】
Roc: I would like a tie.
【我想要一條領帶。】
Shopkeeper: How about this one?
【這條怎麼樣?】
Roc: Great! How much is it?
【很好!這條多少錢?】
Shopkeeper: 50 dollars.
【50美元。】
Roc: Ok, I』ll take it.
【好的,我要了。】
瞧,很快,Roc就買到了一條自己喜歡的領帶。他興致勃勃地來到了約定的餐廳,此時Sara也到了。
Waiter: Are you ready to order?
【現在可以點餐了嗎?】
Roc: Yes, I』d like steak.
【可以了,我要一份牛排。】
Sara: A salad for me, please.
【我要一份沙拉。】
Waiter: Something to drink?
【需要喝的嗎?】
Roc (to Sara): Shall we drink some red wine?
【我們喝點紅酒吧。】
Sara: Sure.
【當然了。】
… …
Roc: Excuse me. How much is the meal?
【你好,多少錢?】
Sara: I’m sorry, Roc. I ate too much.
【不好意思Roc,我吃的太多了。】
Roc: No, you just had a salad and some wine.
【不多啊,你只吃了一份沙拉,喝了點酒而已。】
Sara: But you asked how much ...
【但你問多少錢...】
Roc: Yes, I am gonna pay for the meal.
【是啊,我只是準備買單。】
Sara: Well, you know what, it sounds like I ordered too much and you were calculating.
【哦,你知道嗎,那聽起來像我點了太多,而你在計算花了多少錢。】
在上面的場景中,Roc問how much is the meal?其實是很不禮貌的,因為這頓飯是他請Sara的,這樣問好像是在關心花了多少錢一樣,讓Sara感到不舒服。
所以,
在餐廳詢問這頓飯多少錢不要用how much,
可以用下面的表達:
Can / could I / we have the bill?
The bill表示「帳單」
We will take the check, please.
The check表示「帳單」
在餐館吃飯常用的表達:
We need a table for 2, please.
我們需要一個兩人桌。
We are / I am ready to order.
我(們)可以點餐了。
Excuse me, this isn’t what I ordered.
服務員,這不是我點的。
Is the tip included?
帳單包含消費嗎?
Can I pay with credit cards?
我能用信用卡付錢嗎?