更多內容請百度搜索:可小果
Let's welcome our favorite alumnus,
讓我們歡迎最受歡迎的校友
and the next senator from the state of New York,
未來的紐約州參議員
David Norris!
戴維·諾裡斯
Thank you. Thank you.
謝謝 謝謝大家
Well, hi, there.
大家好
My name is David Norris,
我叫戴維·諾裡斯
and I'd like to be
我想成為
the next senator from the great state of New York.
下屆紐約州的參議員
Look at you. What's your name?
瞧瞧 你叫什麼名字
I'm going to go through Yonkers, door to door
我打算去揚克斯市 挨家拜訪
and take the city that way. We love you.
就用那種方式拿下選票 我們愛你
The recent endorsement by the fire fighter's union
最近諾裡斯的消防員聯盟支持率
is another boost to Norris
又有提升
who already had a six-point lead over
他已領先對手羅傑·林非
his opponent, Roger Linfield.
六個百分點
Whenever I see you on C-Span, and you stand,
你無論何時出現在C-Span[有線衛星網]
I always think you're about to go, "Chug!"
我總以為你要衝鋒
Congressman, you certainly started your career off,
議員先生 就在八年前
eight years ago with a bang , or should I say a bust.
你的事業有了飛躍 也進了班房
For the last eight years,
近八年來
David Norris has represented Brooklyn,
戴維·諾裡斯代表了布魯克林區
New York City and America.
代表了紐約和美國
This is my campaign chairman, Charlie Traynor.
這位是我的競選主席 查理·崔納
These are voters.
這些是選民
Latest polls have you up 10 points.
最新民意調查顯示你領先十個百分點
We're 10 points up?
我們領先十個百分點嗎
This is not going to be easy getting there.
競選參議員真不容易
I have some real opposition,
我有些堅實的反對者
and what they're saying about me
他們這樣評價我
is that I'm too young to hold this office.
對於參議員來說我太年輕了
Win big, but run like you're 20 down.
要贏得漂亮 但低調點 好比你還落後
Okay, you got it.
好 明白了
Thank you, Gary.
謝謝你 蓋瑞
But that's okay because these are the same people
那也沒關係 因為那些人
who say that young people don't vote,
還會說年輕人不投票
young people don't care about politics,
年輕人不關心政治
but I'm here to tell you,
但我現在要告訴你們
your future is about your choices, not theirs.
你們的未來由你們選擇 而不是他們
So, today I'd like to put them on notice
而今天我要告訴他們
because come November, I want them to know
因為十一月快到了 我要讓他們知道
that it was young people like you,
就是你們這樣的年輕人
who kicked their asses.
會讓他們大吃一驚
David! David!
戴維
Thank you.
謝謝大家
Charlie.
查理
What's wrong?
出什麼事了
Yeah?
請講
Any ideas?
有進展嗎
I'm working on it.
我正在處理
Keep me posted.
保持聯絡
Yeah.
好
David Norris,
戴維·諾裡斯
until recently, he was way ahead in the polls.
之前他一直在民意調查中遙遙領先
Mary Matalin and James Carville are here.
瑪麗·馬丁和詹姆斯·卡維爾為您主持
Mary, this is a surprise.
瑪麗 這真是意外
It is a surprise. Such political promise.
的確 他本來有大好仕途
This compelling story,
他的故事很有傳奇色彩
he grew up in a rough neighborhood in Brooklyn.
他在布魯克林區的貧民區長大
He overcame the loss of his entire family,
他克服了家庭的不幸
his mom and his brother when he was 10,
十歲的時候 媽媽和哥哥過世
his father before he got to high school, he got over that.
進高中前父親又去世了 他都挺過來了
He had such promise.
他真的很有前途
And he was the youngest person
他還是最年輕的
ever elected to the House of Representatives.
已當選的眾議員
Yeah, he was elected when he was actually 24,
是啊 他當選時才二十四歲
but he gets in a bar room fight the night that he's elected.
但他當晚就在酒吧打架
I like this, all right.
這事我喜歡
Then you have this photo coming out of the New York Post.
紐約郵報登載了這張照片
I think the accretion of this stuff
我覺得這陳年往事
was just too much for the voters.
對選民來說會難以接受
It reeked of some level of immaturity here, of impulsiveness.
那是烏七八糟的小痞子 還沒自制力
People want maturity, they want adults in Congress.
人們想要成熟的成年人加入國會
Big night for us, gentlemen.
今晚對我們很重要 先生們
Everybody ready?
大家準備好了嗎
You look exhausted.
你看起來很疲憊
You should take a vacation when all this is finished.
這些幹完後你該休一次假
You've earned it.
你應得的
I'm not sure the kind of tired I am
休假估計緩解不了
can be fixed by a vacation.
我這種疲憊
Everybody needs a vacation,
每個人都需要休假
even us.
即便是我們
All right, let's get him back on track.
好吧 我們把他帶回正軌
Mary, over the past couple of weeks
瑪麗 在過去幾星期裡
since the photo came out, they thought people...
自從照片被曝光 他們認為人們...
Why are you still watching CNN?
你怎麼還在看CNN[有線新聞網]
That it wasn't such a big deal, but clearly it was.
照片不算什麼 但顯然並非如此
They called this way too early. Come on.
他們言之過早 來吧
Put on your pretty little tie and let's go.
戴上你的小領帶 我們走
Suffolk County numbers,
薩福克縣的選票數
Linfield, 415,120. Norris...
林非 415120票 諾裡斯...
370,233.
370233票
I really thought we'd win Suffolk.
我還以為薩福克我們勝券在握
Kings County just came in, too.
國王縣的結果也出來了
Well...
好吧...
I didn't win Brooklyn.
我沒贏得布魯克林區
It's going to be a blow out.
這下輸慘了
NBC has us up next.
NBC[國家廣播公司]馬上會播出
I'm going to go work on my speech.
我去準備演講稿
David...
戴維...
David. Hey!
戴維 等等
I'm sorry I wasted your time, Charlie.
我很抱歉 浪費了你的時間 查理
NBC news is now calling the election for Roger Linfield.
NBC新聞 羅傑·林非看來勝券在握
After a shockingly poor showing at both Suffolk County,
戴維·諾裡斯在薩富克縣和他的家鄉國王縣
and his home county, Kings,
均遭慘敗
it now appears David Norris will lose this election badly.
現在看來 他將在這次選舉中完敗
Hello?
有人嗎
Hello?
有人嗎
I grew up in Red Hook,
我在紅鉤社區長大
and I don't want to surprise anybody,
我不想給任何人驚喜
but I got into a few fistfights along the way.
但我也被捲入了一些鬥毆事件
It's not whether or not you get knocked down,
你是否被擊倒並不重要
it's what you do when you get back up.
重要的是 你站起來後會怎麼做
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm here tonight to tell you
女士們 先生們 我今晚要告訴你們
I will get back up.
我會東山再起
But tonight is not about me.
但今晚主角不是我
It is about coming together
今晚我們相聚在此
and welcoming the newest senator
恭賀我們新上任的
for the great state of New York,
紐約州參議員
Roger Linfield.
羅傑·林非
Shit!
見鬼
Shit, shit, shit.
見鬼 見鬼 見鬼
Hello?
有人嗎
It's the men's. Yep.
這裡是男廁所 對
Sorry about that. I didn't mean to eavesdrop.
很抱歉 我不是故意偷聽
I just didn't know what to do.
我只是不知道該怎麼辦
I heard you come in and say, "Hello,"
我聽到你進來說了句 "有人嗎"
and I probably should have said, "Hi,"
我也許該回答 "你好"
but then I thought that would be weird
但我想那樣有點怪
because it's the men's.
因為這裡是男廁所
Then you started talking to yourself and
接著你就開始自言自語