資源來源於網絡如有侵權請聯繫刪除
公眾號後臺回覆:勵志演講
伊萬企業家 ・ Evan Carmichael
創造你自己的幸運——川普
"The HARDER You Work, The LUCKIER You GET!"
創造你自己的幸運——川普
"The HARDER You Work, The LUCKIER You GET!" - Donald Trump (@realDonaldTrump) - #Entspresso
早上好 這裡是Believe Nation
– Good morning Believe Nation.
我是Lily Ma 我們今天的關鍵詞是「非凡」
My name is Lily Ma and my one word is extraordinary.
我相信每一個普通人
I believe that every single human being
都有能力做成一些」非凡」的事情
is capable of extraordinary things.
所以 為了助你的人生旅途一臂之力
So, to help you on your journey,
今天的話題是創造你自己的幸運
today’s message is create your own luck.
交給你了 唐納德•川普
Over to you, Donald Trump.
[公雞打鳴]
(rooster crows)
♫每天早上我起來
♫ I wake up every morning
♫濃咖啡讓我運轉
♫ Espresso keep me going
♫每天早上我醒來
♫ I wake up every morning
你對即將成為商人的人給予一句什麼樣的忠告?
What would be one word of advice you should have for an upcoming businessman?
-給未來的商人-嗯
-for fuiture busnessman-umm
-給女商人
– for a woman.
知識…知識
– Knowledge. Knowledge.
但這僅僅是一個詞
But if it’s one word.
一個詞是很難概括它但這個詞就是知識
One word’s very hard for that, but the word is knowledge.
你從經驗中得到知識
But you get knowledge through experience.
卻有很多人說那只是幸運
One of the things people talk about is luck,
我的確相信人類是幸運的
and I do believe that people are lucky
甚至有些人比他人更幸運
and some people are luckier than others.
我確實相信
I do believe that.
但這裡還有一種說法
But there’s also an expression,
你越努力 就越幸運
the harder you work, the luckier you get.
我也可以告訴你我自己從未放棄的10個實例
And I can tell you 10 instances where I didn’t quit.
第一個是在1990年 世界經濟在衰落
One, it was 1990, the world was coming down,
債券市場被關停
the debt markets were down,
我所有的朋友以及對手
everybody all of my friends and enemies
都即將破產 而我從沒有放棄
were going bankrupt, I never did.
這個時代實際上確實糟糕
The times were, actually just terrible.
甚至今天 你看看當下的時代
And even today, you look at times
看看發生了什麼 你就不得不學習
and you see what happens and you have to learn.
但是 幸運這個詞很有趣
But, the word luck is very interesting,
如果我沒有十分努力地工作
but if I didn’t work really hard,
我可能不會 幾乎肯定不會
I』d probably would not, almost definitely would not
今天站在這裡 除非你們請我來做客
be here today and unless you had me up
作為一個曾經成功的男人
as a man who at one point was successful,
讓大家看看失敗者的樣子
but let’s see what a loser looks like.
所以你要努力工作 因為那才是真理
So you have to work hard because it is true.
你可以通過努力工作得到好運
You can develop luck through hard work.
所以我認為運氣在人們的成功中發揮部分作用
– So I think luck plays a part in people’s success,
但僅僅是一小部分
but a really small part.
如果你完全依賴運氣 這就成了一個問題了
It becomes a problem if that’s all you focus on.
如果你把它當作藉口
It becomes a problem when you use it as an excuse
不去為你的生活做點什麼 這就成了問題
not to go out there and do something with your life.
如果你總是等待好運降臨
It becomes an even bigger problem if you’re always waiting
問題就更大了
for luck to come your way.
例如 我以一個演講者的身份進入公眾視線
So for example, I’m just starting out as a speaker.
在我早期的演講生涯中
I’m in my early stages of my speaking career.
我學習Evan
I look at Evan.
他去過巴黎 在數以千計的人們面前演講
He just went to Paris and he spoke in front of thousands of people,
在昂貴的餐廳吃飯
ate at a fancy restaurant,
出門坐頭等艙
sat at first-class airlines,
住豪華的酒店
went to a beautiful hotel,
並且他被給予這些機會
and he was given this opportunity
他真是太幸運了
and he is so lucky.
但真的這樣嗎?
Right?
那不是我應該有的心態
That is not the mindset that I need to have.
那種心態會徹底毀了我的未來
That kind of mindset will completely destroy my future
並且無助於我的成長
and will not help me grow.
Evan有這些機會是因為
The reason why Evan had that opportunity
他年復一年地專注努力工作
is through years and years of dedicated hard work over time.
後來我和他一起工作
I work with that man.
我知道了他有多堅持不懈
I know how consistent he is.
有多堅決
I know how determined he is.
我還了解到他對自己的任務有多拼命
And I know how dedicated he is to his mission.
我之所以沒有這樣的
And the reason why I don’t have
運氣和機會
that luck or that opportunity,
是因為我還不配擁有這些
is because I don’t deserve it yet.
但這一點也沒有讓我灰心
And it’s no way of me to knock myself down at all.
它反而讓我熱情高漲
Instead, it raises me even higher
因為我不再等待一些虛無縹緲的神仙降臨
because I am not waiting for some elusive fairy
和所謂能帶來幸運的塵土灑落在我頭上
to come around and sprinkle dust over my head
之類的事情發生
that is called luck for this to happen.
這在我的控制中
It is within my control.
我有責任 有義務
I have the responsibility and accountability
讓這些發生在我身上
to make that happen for myself.
因此 我需要更加努力工作
I need to work harder.
我需要更加堅持努力工作
I need to work harder consistently over time,
持續工作 持續工作
keep working, keep working,
專注於我的使命
be dedicated to my mission,
堅持工作 通過探索獲得新知
keep working, gain knowledge through research,
不久的將來機會就會降臨
and soon enough that opportunity will come my way.
所以下次你看到某人
So next time you look at someone
那些你認為生活中擁有好運的人們
that you think has a lot of luck in their life,
請改變你的心態
change your mindset around
並且找到創造你自己好運的辦法
and find ways to create your own luck.
所以 今天的問題是
So the question of the day is,
什麼機會是你真正想要
what is that one opportunity you really want
卻還未在你的生活中出現的
in your life that hasn’t happened for you yet?
當你充滿希望地把它寫下來時
And hopefully when you write it down,
它將有望給你燃料和火苗去創造你自己的幸運
it’s going to give you the fuel, the fire to go and make your own luck.
在下面的評論區留言
So leave in the comments below
我將加入這場討論
and I』ll join in on the discussion.
所以 在這裡 我要大聲對Evan Lieanto說
So I also have a quick shout out for Evan Lieanto,
非常感謝你帶來一本Evan的書 《你的簡言》
thank you so much for picking up a copy of Evan’s book, your one word
你的支持對我們的意義很大
your support means a lot to us
希望大家能享受這次閱讀
and I hope you’re enjoying the read.
感謝收看今天的節目
So thank you so much for watching.
我相信你 我也希望你繼續相信你自己
I believe in you and I hope you continue to believe in yourself
不論你的簡言是什麼
and whatever your one word is
明早再見 我們將帶來一杯新的「提神咖啡」
and we』ll see you again tomorrow morning for another shot of espresso
當我每天早晨醒來
♫ I wake up every morning
濃咖啡使我運轉
♫ Espresso keep me going
我認為作為一名企業家 你最需要培養的能力是
– I think that’s one of the strongest things you can cultivate as an entrepreneur is to
不要依靠運氣
is to not rely on luck,
而是要學會 在機遇降臨時抓住時機
but cultivating an ability to recognize fortunate situations when they’re occurring.
Odeo就是一個非常幸運的示例
Odeo was a very fortunate situation.
我有這個想法時
I』ve taken that idea,
沒告訴埃文 比茲 諾亞
not told it to Evan, not told it to Biz, not told it to Noah
以及我在Odeo就職時的所有其他同事
and all my other co-workers at Odeo
並且嘗試用這種想法開我自己的公司
and tried to start my own company with that idea.
但是幸運的是
But the fortunate situation was that
我和一些真正令人驚豔的人共事
I was working with some really amazing people
我們成立了一個很棒的團隊
and we had a great team.
當然 這使得我們的努力開始有了意義
And so of course it makes sense to start there.
Square的好運
The fortunate situation for Square,
始於2008年 終於2008年
was that in 2008, the end of 2008,
當時整個金融市場崩潰了
the entire market was crashing down.
我們建立起來的所有抽象化金融概念
All of these abstractions we built upon,
抽象的抽象的抽象
abstraction upon abstraction upon abstraction
在人類難以理解的金融世界
in the financial world which no single human understood,
開始崩潰
were now falling apart and suddenly
突然 我們重新回到了初始狀態
we’re getting back to basics, back to fundamentals,
經營管理團隊被解僱
management teams were being asked to leave,
銀行破產 人們四處奔走告知
banks were failing, people were clarifying around
我們需要革新
we need to start getting innovative,
我們不能再以惡劣的態度接待顧客
we need to stop treating our customers so poorly,
不能繼續縱容不合理收費的行為
we need to stop encouraging bad behavior that reap fees.
似乎 我們得改變整個體系
Like, we need to turn this whole thing around.
不論不景氣和經濟萎靡什麼時候發生
And anytime there’s a recession or a depression,
這都是一個改革 創立新公司 開始新項目 做任何事的好時機
that’s a great time to innovate, start a company,start a project, do anything.
那時我們意識到這些
We recognize that time
與此同時 我的聯合創始人吉姆(Square的另一創始人)
and at the same time, my co-founder Jim,
他聯繫了我 我從15歲就認識他
he contacted me, I』ve known him since I was 15 years old,
當我15歲的時候 他是我的老闆
he was my boss when I was 15 years old.
他對我說:傑克 我想告訴你
And, he is said, Jack ,I want to talk to you.
我想建立一個電子汽車公司
I want to build an electronic car company.
這很有趣 他在考慮這件事情是因為
That’s interesting and he was thinking about it
汽車產業也在衰落
because the car industry was failing as well.
他說 我們為何不把汽車公司
He’s like, why don’t we just give these car companies
給經驗豐富的企業家
to well-seasoned entrepreneurs.
為什麼我們不把福特給賈伯斯?
Why don’t we give Ford to Steve Jobs.
那會很出人意料!
– That would be amazing.
對 那會很出人意料
– Yeah, it would be amazing.unm and I you know
為什麼不給埃利森
And to Ellison or whatnot
我想開一家電子汽車公司
and also I want to start an electronic car company
我喜歡這樣野心勃勃的事
and I’m like, that’s ambitious.
但在那一刻
But in that moment we decided
我們決定不去開這樣一家電子汽車公司
not to start an electronic car company,
但是我們想一起做一些事情
but we wanted to do something together.
我們保持每周交流
And we kept having these weekly conversations
有關我們將要做的事情
about what that thing was.
我對金融和醫療健康做了大量研究
And I was researching a lot with finance and healthcare
因為我期待在這些領域做一些事情
because I was looking at doing something in those spaces.
吉姆有一天在例會期間
And Jim called me one day in one of those
打電話給我 他說
scheduled meetings and he said,
我剛丟了一單玻璃生意
I just lost a glass sale.
他是一個藝術家 同時做玻璃生意
He’s an artist; he sells glass.
他說:我丟了這單生意 因為我無法接收對方用信用卡付的款
And I lost the sale because I couldn’t accept a credit card.
這時他談論起他的蘋果手機
And here he was talking on his iPhone,
這種通用電腦
this general purpose computer
我也談起我的蘋果手機
and I was talking on my iPhone.
你手中有一千兆赫茲的電腦
– A one gigahertz computer sitting in the palm of your hand
卻不能接收信用卡付款
but no way to accept credit cards.
他無法從想給他付錢的人那兒收到2000美金
– He couldn’t accept $2,000 from someone
為什麼會這樣?
who wanted to pay him, why is that?
所以我們決定 我們要去回答這個問題
So we decided that we wanted to answer that question.
後來我們做了大量的研究
And we did a bunch of research,
我開始寫一些服務端代碼
I started writing some server code
我們僱了個夥計去寫iPhone代碼
and we hired a guy to write some iPhone code
吉姆買了一些計算機硬體
and Jim bought some hardware
在一個月內我們小有成果
and in a month we had a little,
對 確實是一個有點大的設備
well, it was actually quite a big device
它可以插進你的iPhone的耳機插孔裡
that plugged into the audio jack of your iPhone
可以刷卡 付款
and could swipe a card, take a payment,
它可以通過商家的授權
it would go through the merchant process
從而生成一張帶有指標的收據
and then generate a receipt with a map on it.
我四處找人 把它介紹給大量的投資者
I went around and showed it to a bunch of investors.
他們都驚訝於它還真的有用
They were all amazed that it could even work.
所以我們把注意力集中於這件事並且辦了一家公司
So we decided to really focus on it and make it a company.
它的成功完全源於
It really just comes down like recognizing
抓住了機遇
that fortunate situation and recognizing
並且識別出身邊你可以幫助的受眾
the people around you that you could help
完全歸功於你
and just owing you.
你很大膽 你這樣跟他坦白
– You were bold, your kind of talked him up,
你最終賣掉了他的房子 但是你接近他
you ended up selling his house but you approached him
並且說:你打算賣你其中一套房子嗎?
and you said, are you ready to sell one of your houses?
你已經知道了他擁有兩套房子
You already knew that he owned two houses,
並且知道它們在哪兒
you knew where they were,
那麼 這也是你不得不做的艱難工作的
you know,so isn’t that also a big part of this.
一部分嗎?
You have to really do the hard work?
是的 要真正地為自己的幸運而做準備
– Yeah and really preparing yourself to be lucky.
把自己放置在一個你可以得到好運降臨的地方
Putting yourself in situations where you can get lucky.
哪來那麼多運氣 是因為做了充足的準備
Where it’s not so much luck, it’s preparation.
我給你講一個關於
I tell you a story about how I’m standing
我怎樣融入星巴克的人們的故事
inside a line at Starbucks,
我去星巴克不是因為我喜歡喝咖啡
and I’m not at that Starbucks because I like coffee,
我在星巴克是因為
I’m at that Starbucks because that’s
那兒有許多富人出沒
where all the wealthy people and all the celebrities
貝弗利山的名人們每天早上來
in Beverly Hills go every morning.
我排隊的時候遇見過一個排在我前面的小夥
I met a guy in line in front of me,
那天下午 我給他展示完我手中的房子後
I end up showing him a house later that afternoon
他就花了1200萬美元買下了
and he buys a 12 million dollar house.
有人可能會說這是運氣好
Some people will say that’s luck.
對我而言 這是因為我來對了地方
For me, it’s all about being at the right place
而我來到這裡又是
and there was a reason why I’m there
因為我是這個群體內的專家
because I’m an expert in my community
並且我完全投入於自己的工作
and I put myself in that situation.