Welcome to The English We Speak, I’m Li.I』ve got a word connected to love to teach you today…But where’s Finn?I』ll call his mobile.
歡迎收聽地道英語,我是李。我今天會教給你們一個跟「愛」有關的詞…芬恩在哪兒呢?我來給他打個電話吧。
Hi Li.Sorry I’m late.I just couldn’t get away.
嗨,李。十分抱歉我來晚了。我剛剛有事走不開。
Oh!Finn, there you are.You couldn’t get away, from what?
噢!芬恩,你在這兒啊。你剛剛走不開,有什麼事嗎?
You know I gave a presentation at lunch time about our new Shakespeare series?
你知道我在午飯時間介紹了我們的新莎士比亞系列,對吧?
Yeah, but that finished over an hour ago.
是的,但那在一個多小時之前就已經結束了啊。
Yeah, yeah I know.But this woman from the marketing department kept asking me questions.You know, she said she loves Shakespeare.
對,我知道。可是市場營銷部的一位女士一直問我問題。你知道嗎,她說她很喜歡莎士比亞。
Was anyone else there?
當時那兒還有別人嗎?
No, it was just the two of us.I tried to get away but she kept asking more and more questions.
沒有,只有我們兩個。我試圖離開,但她一直問更多問題。
Oh dear Finn, I think it might be you that she fancies, not Shakespeare.
噢,親愛的芬恩,我覺得她喜歡的可能不是莎士比亞,而是你。
Oh, you think so?Oh, and actually, that is a good word to learn.If you fancy someone, you find them physically attractive.
噢,你這麼覺得嗎?噢,事實上,這是我們要學的一個很好的詞。如果你喜歡某個人,你會發現他們外表迷人,很吸引你。
Yes, that’s a good definition.Let’s hear some examples:
是的,這真是一個很好的定義。讓我們來聽幾個例子吧:
Look at the figure-hugging clothes you’re wearing, Betty.Is there someone you fancy at the party?
看你穿的緊身衣,貝蒂。聚會上有你喜歡的人嗎?
He’s a lovely guy.We’re really good friends.Actually, I fancy him a little…
他是個可愛的傢伙。我們真的是很好的朋友。事實上,我有一點喜歡他…
So if you fancy someone, you want to go out with them, don’t you?
所以如果你喜歡某個人,你會想和他們約會,對吧?
Yes, you do.Actually, that woman at the Shakespeare presentation was very nice…You know, interesting, pretty…
對,你會想和他們約會。事實上,聽我介紹莎士比亞的那位女士人非常好…你知道的,有趣,又漂亮…
It sounds like you fancy her as well, don’t you, Finn?
聽上去你也喜歡她,對吧,芬恩?
Well, I think she fancies me more.Look at this!
好吧,我覺得她喜歡我更多一點。看看這個!
Wow!Did she give you this box of chocolates?
哇!她給了你這盒巧克力嗎?
Yes, nice isn’t it?Do you fancy one?
是的,是不是很棒?你想來一塊嗎?
Of course!But let’s say goodbye before we go.
當然!但是走之前,讓我們先來說再見吧。
Bye!
再見!