很高興認識你。
Nice to meet you.
(很高興認識你。)
Nice to meet you, too.
(我也很高興認識你。)
這是初次見面時的寒暄用語。
Hello, I’m Mr. Jones.
(你好,我是瓊斯。)
I’m very pleased to meet you.
(很高興認識你。)
在這種場合, 說話人有時候會在自己的名字前加上「Mr.」。
be pleased to ... 「因為……感到高興」、 「很高興做……」。
Pleased to meet you.
Good to meet you.
It’s nice to meet you.
It’s good to finally meet you.
(終於見到你了, 真好。)
How do you do?
較為正式的說法。
I’m happy to meet you.
It’s a pleasure to meet you.
I’m glad to make your acquaintance.
make one’s acquaintance 「結識某人」。
很高興認識你。
I’m Tom Smith. Pleased to meet you.
(我叫湯姆·史密斯。很高興認識你。)
Pleased to meet you, too.
(我也很高興認識你。)
這是對初次見面的人說的寒暄用語, 表示「你好」、 「很高興認識你」。
Nice to meet you.
I’m happy to meet you.
I’m glad to make your acquaintance.
我很高興你能來。
I’m glad you could come.
(我很高興你能來。)
So am I. It’s good to see you again.
(我也很高興, 再次見到你真是太好了。)
How nice of you to come.
I appreciate that you came.
我們上次見面是什麼時候?
When did we meet last?
(我們上次見面是什麼時候?)
It’s been so long I can’t remember.
(過了太長時間, 我都記不得了。)
這裡的last表示「上次」。
When did we last get together?
get together 「聚會」。
這是給你的。
This is for you.
(這是給你的。)
Thank you so much.
(非常感謝。)
送給別人禮品時使用的表達方式。
It’s a present.
(這是禮物。)
It’s a gift for you.
(這是給你的禮物。)
你過得怎麼樣?
How have you been?
(你過得怎麼樣?)
Good. How about you?
(還好, 你呢?)
向有段日子沒見面的人詢問近況的表達方式。
How’s it going?
How are things?
工作怎麼樣?
How’s work?
(工作怎麼樣?)
Very well, thank you.
(很好, 謝謝。)
How’s work going?
How are things at the office?
(公司情況怎麼樣?)
還不錯。
How are you doing?
(過得怎麼樣?)
I can’t complain. (還不錯。)
直譯是「我沒什麼可抱怨的」, 即「很順利」、 「還不錯」的意思。
Fine, thank you.
Couldn’t be better. (再好不過了。)
Can’t complain.
這裡省略了主語I。
I have nothing to complain about.
老樣子。
How are things at the office?
(工作怎麼樣?)
The same as usual.
(老樣子。)
usual 「平常的」、 「通常的」。as usual 「像平常一樣」、 「照舊」。
Nothing has changed. (什麼也沒變。)
change 「改變」、 「變化」。
It’s the same old thing.
Same old, same old.
非正式的說法。
看你真忙啊。
You sure look busy.
(看你真忙啊。)
I am busy.
(我是很忙。)
sure 「確實」、 「無疑」。這裡的look表示「 (從外表上)看起來……」。
Looks like you have a lot of work.
look like ... 「看起來像……」。
You look swamped.
swamped 「窮於應付(工作等)」。
You look really busy.
你還和以前一樣忙。
You’re as busy as ever.
(你還和以前一樣忙。)
I like staying busy.
(我喜歡忙忙碌碌的。)
as ... as ever 「同以前一樣……」。
這裡的stay表示「保持……的狀態」。
You’re always so busy.
You always stay so busy.
希望你不要難為我。
I hope you won’t give me a hard time.
(希望你不要難為我。)
Don’t worry. I』ll be nice.
(不用擔心, 我會手下留情。)
give ... a hard time 「使……遭遇麻煩」。可以用於一起共事的同事, 或是在高爾夫球之類的運動場
合中使用。
I hope you』ll go easy on me.
Please don’t give me a hard time.
Please be kind to me.
恐怕我得走了。
I’m afraid I must go now.
(恐怕我得走了。)