The First 24 Hours - Securing Yourself and The Site (最初的24小時,保護你自己及現場)
●Contact your local disaster relief service, such as the American Red Cross or the Salvation Army, to help with your immediate needs, such as:
(聯絡當地災後復原服務,像是美國紅十字會或基督教救世軍,來幫助你立即的需求,像是:)
--temporary housing (暫時的住所)
--food(食物)
--medicine(藥物)
--eyeglasses(眼鏡)
--clothing(衣服)
--other essential items(其它必要的項目)
●Contact your insurance agent/company.
(聯絡你的保險業務員/公司)
Cautions!!!(注意!!!)
--Do not enter the damaged site. Fires can rekindle from hidden, smoldering remains.
(不要進入已經受損的現場。火源會從隱藏、悶燒的殘燼中重新燃起。)
--Normally, the fire department will see that utilities(water, electricity and natural gas) are either safe to use or are disconnected before they leave the site. Do not attempt to turn on utilities yourself.
(正常來說,消防單位會決定維生管線(水、電力、天然氣)是否安全可以使用,或是在他們離開現場之前將之切斷。不要試著自己去開啟維生管線。)
--Be watchful for structural damage caused by the fire. Roofs and floors may be damaged and subject to collapse.
(注意火災所引起建築結構的損害。屋頂及地板可能受損而倒塌。)
--Food, beverages and medicine exposed to heat, smoke, soot and water should not be consumed.(已經暴露在高溫、煙霧、煤灰及水之中的食物、飲料及藥物不應該再被使用。)
--Leaving Your Home. (離開你的家)
--Contact your local police departments to let them know the site will be unoccupied.(聯絡當地的警察單位,讓他們知道現場沒有人居住。)
--In some cases it may be necessary to board up openings to discourage trespassers.(在某些案例之中,可能會使用木板將出入口封閉以防止入侵者。)
--Beginning immediately, save receipts for any money you spend. These receipts are important in showing the insurance company what money you have spent related to your fire loss and also for verifying losses claimed on your income tax.(立即開始,收妥所有花費支出的收據。這些收據在出示給保險公司時非常重要,證明你因為火災損失的花費及在繳稅時證明有遭受火災損失。)
The First 24 Hours - Securing Yourself andThe Site(最初的24小時,保護你自己及現場)
●If it is safeto do so, try to locate the following items:(假如這樣做安全的話,試著找出下列的東西:)
--identification, such as driver's licenses and Social Security cards(身份證明,像是駕照及社會安全卡)
--insurance information(保險信息)
--medication information(醫藥信息)
--eyeglasses, hearing aids or other prosthetic devices(眼鏡、助聽器、或其它義肢裝置)
--valuables, such as credit cards, bank books, cash and jewelry(有價值的東西,像是信用卡、存摺、現金及珠寶)
●There aremany people/entities that should be notified of your relocation, including:(有許多人應該被通知你已經搬走了,包括:)
--your insurance agent/company(你的保險業務員/公司)
--your mortgage company (also inform them of the fire)(你的抵押公司,同時通知他們發生火災了)
--your family and friends(你的家人及朋友 )
--your employer (你的僱主)
--your child's school(你小孩的學校)
--your post office(你的郵局)
--any delivery services(及快遞公司)
--your fire and police departments(你的警察及消防單位)
--our utility companies(我們的水電維生管線公司)
●Do not throwaway any damaged goods until after an inventory is made. All damages are takeninto consideration in developing your insurance claim.(不要丟棄任何受損的物品,直到已經記到清單上。所有的損失都可以列入請保險公司理賠的項目。)
●If you areconsidering contracting for inventory or repair services discuss your planswith your insurance agent/company first.(假如你考慮聯絡取得清單或修理服務時,和你的保險業務員/公司討論你的計劃。)
●Insured(有保險之情況)
--Give notice of the loss to the insurance company or the insurer'sagent/company.(將損失情形通知保險公司或保險業者之保險業務員/公司。)
--Ask the insurance company what to do about the immediate needs of thedwelling, such as covering doors, windows, and other exposed areas, and pumpingout water.(詢問保險公司如何處理有關住宅的立即需求,像是掩蓋的門、窗,及其它暴露的區域,還有把屋內的水抽出。)
--Ask your insurance agent/company what actions are required of you. Somepolicyholders may be required to make an inventory of damaged personal propertyshowing in detail the quantity, description and how much you paid for theitems.(詢問你的保險業務員/公司你必須要採取的動作是什麼。有些被保險人可能需要列出一張受損的個人財產清單,詳細寫出對象的數量、外觀及購買時的花費。)
●Not Insured(沒有保險之情況)
--Your recovery from a fire loss may be based upon your own resources and helpfrom your community.(你從火災損失中之復原決定於你所擁有的資源及小區給予的協助。)
--Private organizations that may be sources of aid or information: (私人組織可能是協助及信息的來源:)
American Red Cross(美國紅十字會)
Salvation Army(基督教救世軍)
religious organizations(宗教團體)
department of social services(社會服務機構)
civic organizations(公民組織)
state or municipal emergency services office(州立或市立的緊急服務辦公室)
non-profit crisis counseling centers(非營利之危機諮詢中心)
●Valuing YourProperty(評估你的財產)
You will encounter different viewpoints on the value of your property inadjusting your fire loss or in claiming a casualty loss on your federal incometax. Knowing the following terms will help you understand the process used todetermine the value of your fire loss:
(在評定你的火災損失或在聯邦所得稅中要求意外事故損失時,你會遇到會對你的財產價值有不同的看法。認識下列的詞彙可以幫助你了解決定你火災損失價值之程序:)
--Your personal valuation: Your personal loss of goods through fire may be difficult tomeasure. These personal items have SENTIMENTAL VALUE to you; however, it isobjective measures of value that you, the insurer, and the Internal RevenueService will use as a common ground for discussion. Some of these objectivemeasures are discussed below.
(你的個人評估:火災後你個人物品的損失可能很難估計。這些個人的物品對你可能有情感上的價值。然而,你、保險業者及國稅局會使用客觀的方式,站在相同的立場上討論。這些客觀的方式會在下方討論。)
--Cost when purchased: This is an important element in establishing an item's final value.Receipts will help verify the cost price.
(購買時的成本:在建立物品的最後價值時,這是一個重要的因素。收據可以證明物品的成本價格。)
--Fair market value before the fire:This concept is also expressed as ACTUAL CASH VALUE. This iswhat you could have received for the item if you had sold it the day before thefire. The price would reflect its cost at purchase minus the wear it hadsustained since purchase. Depreciation is the formal term used to express theamount of value an item loses over a period of time.
(火災前公平市場的價值:這個概念同樣代表了真實的現金價值。這就是假如你在火災之前賣掉這個物品所能得到的價格。這個價格會反應它購買時的成本減去它自購買後所承受的磨損。貶值是用來表達物品經過一段時間價值損失的正式用詞。)
--Value after the fire: This is sometimes called the item's salvage value.(火災之後的價值:這有時又稱之為殘值。)
●RestorationServices(復原服務)
There are companies that specialize in the restoration of fire damagedstructures. Whether you or your insurer employs this type of service, be clearof who will pay. Be sure to request an estimate of cost for the work. Beforeany company is hired check their references. These companies provide a range ofservices that may include some or all of the following:
(有些公司專門復原火災受損的建築物。不論你或是你的保險業者採用這種類型的服務,對誰要付錢要很清楚。確認要求對工作成本的評估。在任何公司開始被僱用時,檢查他們的委託權限。這些公司提供的服務範圍可能包含下列項目之部分或全部:)
--securing the site against further damage(保全現場,避免遭受更多的損害)
--estimating structural damage(評估建築物損害)
--repairing structural damage(修復建築物損害)
--estimating the cost to repair or renew items of personal property(評估維修成本或更新個人財產的物品)
--packing, transportation, and storage of household items(打包、運輸及儲存家用物品)
--securing appropriate cleaning or repair subcontractors(保證適當清理或維修之轉包商)
--storing repaired items until needed(必要存放維修過的物品)
註:本文相關內容來自USFA
36Safety安全加油站是中國非領先的職業安全、健康、消防、安全標準規範的在線安全平臺,我們的專家團隊包括:
CTIF(國際消防救援協會)
中國消防協會
中國建築學會
中國職業健康安全協會
中國電氣安全標準化委員會
中國消防標準化委員會
中國工程建設標準化委員會
中國氣體消防協會
美國消防協會(NFPA)
美國保險商實驗室(UL)
德國保險商實驗室(VDS)
網址為:www.36safety.com
36safety安全加油站歡迎更多新媒體、企業與組織與我們展開各種新式的內容合作,聯繫郵箱info@36safety.com
點擊"閱讀原文",查看公眾號之歷史記錄。
更新至684集.