大家好,今天我們分享的是「a good egg」, 這個短語非常簡單,初中生也認識這三個單詞,但是它的意思卻不是「一顆好雞蛋」,它的含義是:
a good egg 好人
You』ll like myUncle Bob. He’s a good egg and is well-loved by everyone in the family.
你會喜歡我的叔叔Bob. 他是個好人,家裡的人都喜歡他。
People said my mother was a good egg. She would always help anyone in need.
人們說我媽媽是好人,她總是在別人需要時給予幫助。
說完好人,我們當然要說一下他的反義詞「壞人」
rotten egg 行為不端之人,壞人; 臭雞蛋
His friends have all learned he is a rotten egg.
他所有的朋友都知道他是一個壞傢伙。
His parents did everything they could to steer him on the right path, but I think Chris might just be a rotten egg.
Chris的父母盡一切所能讓他走向正道,但是我認為他還是個行為不端之人。
She started hanging out with a few rotten eggs in her school, and her grades have really suffered ever since.
她開始和一群壞孩子混在一起,自此之後她的成績變得很差。
Rotten eggs give off a bad smell.
臭蛋分發出難聞的氣息。
have egg on your face(某人)丟臉,(某人)出醜
This latest scandal has left the government with egg on its face.
最近的這次醜聞讓政府丟盡了臉面。
Let's think this carefully. I don't want to end up with egg on my face.
讓我們仔細考慮清楚,我不想最後讓自己看起來很傻。