What do you think about when you hear the word 「tired」? Do you think of physical, mental, or moral fatigue? You can use the word 「tired」 after a busy day at work or while in the audience during a show that is too long. In short, it is a word that has a very broad range of meanings.
當你聽到「累了」這個詞時,你會怎麼想?你是否認為身體,精神或道德疲勞?在忙碌的一天工作之後或在觀眾期間太長時間使用時,您可以使用「疲倦」這個詞。簡而言之,這個詞的含義非常廣泛。
每到周末都有種想要飛上天的感覺,這是為什麼呢?因為學習了一周或是工作了一周簡直太累。特別是對於現在還在趕論文的大學生來說,簡直無法形容的痛苦和疲憊。
那每當我們想說太累的時候,我們都會想到:I'm tired。隨口而出的也是:I'm tired。對於擁有強迫症和喜歡研究英語口語的小編來說,這樣的表達太單一,多聽幾次都犯困啦。那有沒有比這個更變態的表達呢?
答案是:YES!!
那麼今天小編就帶大家一起來學習表達很累或是很困甚至筋疲力盡的英文短語。趕快上車,本次內容只負責開心,不負責解決問題。
Even in English, there are several words and expressions to describe a state of exhaustion or fatigue. The most common expression is 「I am tired」. This phrase sometimes generates some confusion even among native speakers, as it is often associated with sleep and the desire to sleep. But, in reality, from a purely semantic point of view, it simply indicates a general state of tiredness. In English, however, there are many other words and expressions that can be used to describe this condition. Let’s take a look at some of those that are most commonly used.即使在英語中,也有幾個詞和表達來描述疲憊或疲勞的狀態。最常見的表達是「我累了」。即使在母語人士中,這句話有時會產生一些混亂,因為它通常與睡眠和睡眠欲望有關。但是,實際上,從純語義的角度來看,它只是表明了疲憊的一般狀態。然而,在英語中,還有許多其他詞語和表達可用於描述這種情況。我們來看看最常用的一些。
I am fatigued. 我很疲憊
This expression in English indicates a very strong state of exhaustion after intense activity.
這種英語表達表明在激烈活動後非常強烈的疲憊狀態。
I was overcome by fatigue after a long week at work. 在工作了很長一周後,我被疲勞克服了。
I am drained. 我已經筋疲力盡了
Literally meaning all of the liquid has been taken out of you, this phrase indicates a state of fatigue in which you have no more energy available, like something that has been left completely dry.
字面上意味著所有的液體已被取出,這個短語表示一種疲勞狀態,在這種情況下,你沒有更多的能量可用,就像已經完全乾燥的東西一樣。
Working with children leaves me completely drained.與孩子一起工作讓我徹底筋疲力盡。
I am exhausted. 我累死啦
This term indicates a state of intense fatigue.
該說法表示強烈疲勞的狀態。
This morning, I went for a run and now I am exhausted. 今天早上,我去跑了,現在我筋疲力盡了。
I am knackered. 太疲倦啦
This expression is part of British slang and is very informal. The etymology of this term is uncertain but probably derives from knacker, an old word that could indicate a cheater and later on an animal or fur buyer.
這個表達是英國俚語的一部分,非常非正式。這個詞的詞源是不確定的,但可能來自於knacker,一個可以表明作弊者的舊詞,後來又表示動物或毛皮買家。
He was too knackered to join us for dinner.
他太疲倦了以至於不能和我們共進晚餐。
I was worn out. 我疲憊不堪
The phrasal verb wear out means deteriorate or erode. It is generally used in reference to objects or items of clothing that have been made unfit through overuse. It can be used to indicate a condition of severe exhaustion.
短語動詞磨損意味著惡化或侵蝕。它通常用於指通過過度使用而不適合的物品或衣物。它可以用來表示嚴重疲勞的狀況。
This situation is really wearing me out.這種情況真的讓我失望了。
I am on my last leg. 我太累了
This figurative expression, which literally means you only have one leg left, can indicate unbearable fatigue or the condition of those who feel as if they are about to die.
這個比喻性的表達,字面意思是你只留下一條腿,可以表示難以忍受的疲勞或那些感覺好像要死人的狀況。
Yesterday after the party, I was on my last leg. 派對結束後的昨天,我感覺太累啦。
I am weary.累啦
The adjective weary indicates a state of weakness due to some extended effort or a situation that has lasted a long time and has left you without strength.
形容詞疲憊表明由於一些延長的努力或持續很長時間並且沒有力量離開你的情況導致的弱點狀態。
My weary eyes need rest.我疲憊的眼睛需要休息。
I am washed out. 感覺身體已被掏空
Washed out is used to indicate the loss of colour in a garment due to constant washing. In a figurative sense, it indicates a state of exhaustion that leaves you without energy.
洗出用於表示由於持續洗滌而在衣服中失去顏色。在比喻意義上,它表明一種疲憊的狀態,讓你沒有能量。
This day of shopping has left me washed out.這一天的購物讓我感到身體已被掏空。
I cannot keep my eyes open. 我無法睜開我的眼睛
This figurative expression is used to indicate that you are very sleepy, to the point in which your eyes are closing themselves.
這個比喻性的表達用於表示你非常困,直到你的眼睛閉合。
This morning, I woke up very early and now I cannot keep my eyes open.今天早上,我很早就醒了,現在我無法睜開眼睛。
I am beat. 我被打敗啦
To beat means to punch or to defeat. Therefore, the expression I am beat indicates that we are completely defeated or knocked out by fatigue.
擊敗意味著打擊或失敗。因此,我被擊敗的表達表明我們完全被疲勞擊敗或被淘汰。
I had a tough day at work and now I am totally beat.我在工作中度過了艱難的一天,現在我完全被打敗了。
I am shattered. 我被打碎啦
The English adjective shattered means destroyed or demolished. In informal English, it can be used to indicate that you feel extremely tired – as if your bones were broken.
英語形容詞粉碎手段破壞或拆除。在非正式的英語中,它可以用來表示你感到非常疲憊 - 好像你的骨頭被打破了。
Sorry, I cannot come. I am shattered!很抱歉,我不能來。我被打碎了!
These are just some of the many expressions to define tiredness in English. They are surely enough to show you how rich the English language is in colloquial expressions, idioms, vocabulary, and phrasal verbs to indicate the different nuances of a concept.
這些只是用於定義英語疲勞的許多表達中的一部分。它們肯定足以向您展示英語在口語表達,習語,詞彙和短語動詞中的豐富程度,以表明概念的不同細微差別。
看到這裡是不是收穫多多!!記得用出來哦哦
往期回顧:
一到吃飯就尷尬,因為不知道用英語該說些什麼!只會delicious
結束交流時,90%的人只會說:I have to go!你中招了嗎?
在英語中不得不學的幾個sorry小常識