更多內容請百度搜索:可小果
歡迎來到史坦頓島
Welcome to Staten Island,
紐約市的第五區
The fifth borough of New York City,
這座島聲名狼藉
But even more notorious
而且是紐約被遺忘和忽略的一個區
As the forgotten, ignored borough of the Big Apple.
當新聞頻道播報城市天氣預報的時候
News-channel weather reports often exclude Staten Island
也經常忽略史坦頓島
When delivering the city forecast.
在1988年 紐約市的管理委員會
In 1988, New York's board of trustees
忘記給史坦頓島分派年度預算資金
Forgot to allocate any funds to Staten Island in its annual budget.
人們對此會怎麼想
Why do people feel this way?
也許是因為史坦頓島恰好
Perhaps it's because Staten Island happens to be
和另一個公認的世界的中心在同一個城市
Located In the same city as a place many consider to be The center of the entire world.
是的 我說的就是曼哈頓
Yes, I'm talking about Manhattan.
史坦頓島會效仿它著名的鄰居嗎
Is Staten Island drowning in the wake of its famous neighbor?
也許會 但這樣做會是個極大的錯誤
Perhaps, but this is a grand mistake.
史坦頓島是一片獨特的 未被了解的土地
Staten Island is a unique, misunderstood land,
作為一再被曼哈頓遺忘的繼子
And it should not be treated
它也不應當被染指
As the forgotten stepchild of Manhattan any longer.
印第安部落在那住了數百年
Occupied by the unami indian tribe for hundreds of years,
1670年 史坦頓島被英國人買下來
Staten Island was bought by the English in 1670
逐漸發展成為民族和經濟多樣化的地帶
And has since grown into a land of great ethnic and financial diversity,
有醫生 股票經紀人 律師
Where doctors, stockbrokers, and lawyers
消防員和環衛工人居住在各種公司附近
Reside right next to cops, firemen, and sanitation men.
除了這些
And in the middle of all this...
這裡的犯罪分子數量也居五個區之首
The largest population of mobsters in all five boroughs.
沒錯 史坦頓島
That's right, Staten Island
是紐約市的罪犯們最喜歡的家園
Is the most popular home for mobsters in New York City,
史坦頓島的大片森林也被
And the grand Staten Island forests also happen to be
附近的犯罪份子選為埋藏屍體的場所
The choice body-dumping ground for mobsters from the tri-state area.
這座島的街名和鎮名都和此有關
The island's a virtual body farm with apropos street and town names
比如大溪
Such as Great Kills,
阿瑟溪 清水溪
Arthur Kill, Fresh Kills,
和奇兒文科
And kill van kull.
這裡的人確實把這片土地經營的很特別
But it's the people here who truly make this land very special indeed.
被遺忘的島民們有很多不同之處
There's something very different about these forsaken islanders.
但說的已經夠多了
But enough talk.
讓我們一起去看看這個被遺忘的地方
Let's go see what this forgotten place
和島上獨一無二的人們
And its unique people are all about.
一路順風
Bon voyage!
你知道
You know...
大多數人
...most people,
他們認為我們選擇這樣的生活
They think that we've chosen this life
是因為沒有規則
Because there are no rules,
但在我們的世界裡 是有規則的
But in our world, there are rules.
不能背叛同伴
"Don't rat on your associates."
別做不該你做的事
"Don't get high on your own supply."
不能尿在
"Don't pi..."
不能往別人池塘裡撒尿
"Don't piss in someone else's pond."
這些都是我們聽過上萬次的陳腔濫調
They're cute clich that we've heard a million times.
但是
Well...
他們把
They lend...
把雜亂變的有次序
...an order to our disorder.
是的
Oh, yeah...
我還忘了一條
I forgot one...
不要傷害別人的家人
"Do not fuck with someone else's family."
清楚了嗎 這就是
See, that...
這是我們最重要的規則
...that's our cardinal rule,
你和你的同伴 你們破壞了它
And you and your pals, you broke it.
你們闖進我家
You broke into my home.
你們
You put a...
你們傷害了我母親
You put a hole in my mother.
你這混蛋 那是我媽
You cocksucker! That's my mother!
你說啊 你現在說話啊
You talk now! You talk right now!
否則我把你的腸子拉出來 勒死你
Or I will fucking pull your intestines out and strangle you, you...
我有些事要處理
I got something I gotta do.
現在嗎 帕米
Now, Parmie?
我必須得去
Can't be avoided.
等我回來
When I get back...
我們再來結束這個
...we'll wrap it up.
我跟他還沒完
I'm not done with him yet.
晚上好 比爾
Evening, Bill.
就是今晚了 塔左先生
Tonight's the night, mr. Tarzo.
讓我們一起創造歷史
Let's go make history.
他做的很不錯
He's doing very well.
好極了
That's great!
好極了
That was great!
是你最好的記錄 快上來 上來
That's your best ever. Come on, come on!
之前你從沒接近過7分鐘
You've never come close to seven minutes.
太難以置信了 這次比你之前都要好
That was unbelievable. That's better than you've ever done.
呼吸 呼吸 做的好
Breathe! Breathe! Good job!
離我的目標還差2分鐘
I'm two minutes short of my time.
帕米 我不知道你是想完成什麼
Parmie, I do not understand what you are trying to accomplish here.
我還認為呼吸訓練會帶給我幫助
I thought that the breathing exercises would help me more.
-它們確實幫了你 -我很失望
- They did help you. - I'm very disappointed.
-我要再試一次 -不 不行
- I gotta go again. - No, no, no, no.
你的肺還沒準備好 你得讓它休息一下
Your lungs are not ready for another go... you gotta give it a rest.
我準備好了 我準備好再試一次了
I'm ready. I'm ready to go.
我準備好再試一次了
I'm ready to do this.
我是帕米託·塔左
My name is parmetto tarzo.
我住在紐約的史坦頓島
I live in Staten Island, New York.
我要試著在水下屏息9分鐘
I will attempt to hold my breath for nine minutes under water,
打破由德國人託馬斯·西耶塔斯
Breaking the world record, which is now...
保持的世界紀錄
...being held by Thomas Sietas of Germany.
我已經準備好了
I'm ready to do this.
快上來 夠了 夠了
Come on. That's enough! That's enough!
你別說了 別說了
You gotta stop! You gotta stop!
你沒有準備好 今天做的夠多了
You're not ready for this. This is too much!
只有兩個月了 賈思
Only two more months, Jas.
就快出生了
We're getting close!
等他一出生 我就帶他過來
And when he's born, I'm gonna bring him in here,
你就能見到他們了
And you can finally meet them both.
治療癌症
Cure cancer.
我的兒子要去治療癌症了
My boy is going to cure cancer.
打擾一下 你說完了嗎
Excuse me. Are you done?
我們要談點生意
'cause we've got some business here.
好 謝謝你 賈思
Okay. Thanks, Jas.
拿些咖啡和麵包 到後面去見G
Get some coffee, some bagels, and meet G in the back.
你有事做了
You got work to do.
你沒事吧 帕米
You're all right, Parmie?
昨晚你離開我們之後發生什麼事了嗎
What happened last night after you left us?
去拿點咖啡 黑咖啡
Get some coffee... black.
媽媽
Hi, ma!
你感覺怎麼樣
How are you feeling?
不是的 昨晚
No, last night, you know...
不是
It... no, it...
我知道 不要
I know... don't...
不 不 不
No, no. no that...
別再提了
Don't mention it. Not...
但我確實有好消息
But I do have some good news.
我們找到了一個傷害你的人
We finally found one of the guys who hurt you.
我給你帶午飯過來
I'll bring you lunch.
去公園散散步
Go for a walk in the park.
好吧
All right.
我們已經查了島上
We've checked half the septic-cleaning companies
一半的清潔公司
On the island
還是沒找到那個叫埃迪的
And still can't find an Eddy anywhere.
或許那混蛋在撒謊
Maybe the bastard was lying.
在帕米對他做了那些之後
After what Parmie did to him
我不認為他還會撒謊
I don't believe he was.
好吧 還有其他的嗎 沒有了嗎
All right. What else? Nothing?
還有其他事嗎
Anything?