每天早起匆忙趕地鐵/公交的你,免不了會遲到。
「But, who cares?」看看下面這位小哥哥遲到後的態度:
今天的話題就是——遲到啦!
(一)正式的會議要遲到了:
I’m afraid I won’t be able to make it to our meeting on time.
我恐怕不能準時到會了。
Attention!
如果不小心把」on time」 去掉,就是「我來不了了」。
(二)正式的會議已經遲到了:
Sorry to keep you waiting.
對不起讓您久等了。
I’m so sorry for taking up more of your time.
很抱歉,我佔用了您太多的時間。
完整的表達:
Sorry to keep you waiting. Thank you for your flexibility. I really appreciated.
對不起讓您久等了。感謝您的理解。非常感激。
(三)不太正式的會議要遲到:
I’m sorry I’m running late.
I’m sorry I’m a little bit late.
抱歉,我要遲到了。
I may be about 10 to 15 minutes late.
我可能會晚10到15分鐘。
(四)遲到的藉口理由:
I』ve got caught up at work.
我有些事情要處理。
Something’s come up.
突然有急事。
I lost track of time.
我完全忘記時間了。
(honest mistake 不是故意的過錯)
It's too jammed ahead.
前面太堵了。
I overslept. This one is on me.
我睡過頭了。我的錯!
(五)如何補救:
I swear I』ll make it up to you.
我保證會做出彌補的。
Please forgive me, I promise I won't be late again.
請原諒,我保證不會再遲到了。
(六)要遲到了,催促別人:
Hurry up, or we』ll be late.
快點兒,否則我們就遲到了。
It was all because of your dawdling that we were late.
都是你老磨蹭,害得我們遲到了。
(七)其它相關詞彙:
overdue 到期的
overdue account 逾期未付款
the latecomer遲到者
put off to… / postpone to…推遲到……
in time 及時,在恰好的時候
守時自然是很好的品質,但有時的確會有突發情況導致遲到。客氣禮貌的回覆是最好的補救方式。但若是故意「放鴿子」,小編認為是不可原諒的!
stand somebody up 爽約,放某人鴿子
Well, I was afraid you would stand me up.
我擔心你會放我鴿子。
Maureen was in a bad mood because she got stood up.
Maureen因別人爽約而心情不好。
希望大家都不會有被放鴿子的時候。