run short of ... 「短缺」。staff 「員工」、 「職員」。
We are usually understaffed in the summer.
understaffed 「人手不夠的」。
We hardly ever have enough staff in the summer.
多多益善。
Should we hire more employees?
(我們還要僱人嗎?)
We need all the help we can get.
(多多益善。)
hire 「僱用」。
直譯是「我們需要我們能得到的所有幫助」。get 「得到」。
We can always use more help.
always 「總是」、 「隨時」。
Extra help is always welcome.
extra 「額外的」。welcome 「受歡迎的」。
我們得藉助外力。
We need to get outside help.
(我們得藉助外力。)
Who shall we recruit?
(我們可以招誰呢?)
recruit 「吸收(新員工)」、 「招聘」。
We need someone from the outside to help us.
Let’s get outside help.
我們能得到額外幫手嗎?
Can we get some extra help?
(我們能得到額外幫手嗎?)
I』ll send someone as soon as possible.
(我會儘快派個人來。)
extra 「額外的」、 「外加的」、 「特別的」。
as soon as possible 「儘快地」。
Can you arrange some extra help for us?
(你能給我們再安排些人嗎?)
arrange 「安排」。
Can you hire some extra help?
hire 「僱用」。
Could you get some extra help?
我們需要些臨時僱員。
We are getting really busy.
(我們真是越來越忙了。)
We need some temps.
(我們需要些臨時僱員。)
temp 「臨時僱員」。
We need to hire some temps.
We need to get extra help.
(我們該臨時僱些人。)
We should hire some temporary workers.
(我們該僱些臨時工。)
temporary 「臨時的」。
早上是我們店最忙的時候。
Our store is the busiest in the morning.
(早上是我們店最忙的時候。)
Okay. I』ll work mornings to help out.
(是嗎?那我就早上過來幫忙吧。)
the busiest 「最忙」。
Morning is the busy time for our store.
We are busiest in the mornings.
人手不夠要比人手過剩好。
It’s better being understaffed than overstaffed.
(人手不夠要比人手過剩好。)
I disagree, because you can always use the extra help.
(我不同意, 因為你總是能得到額外的幫手。)
It’s better having too few workers than too many workers.
It’s better having not enough workers than to have too many.