在日常生活中,當別人生氣的時候,我們會希望別人冷靜下來。
這時候我們要如何用英文勸對方冷靜下來呢?我們常用calm down 來勸人冷靜。
比如說:
(1)Calm down! Don't be angry! 冷靜下來,別生氣。
(2)Calm down it's nothing to get steamed up about!
冷靜一點--沒什麼可激動的!
(3)Calm down, you're getting terribly wrought up over nothing.
鎮定下來吧,你這樣緊張激動,完全是莫名其妙。
除了calm down以外,小編還整理了其他10種與冷靜有關的英語說法。跟小編一起學起來,增加英文實力。
1、Take it easy. 別急。
(1)Take it easy, we've got plenty of time.
別急,我們有的是時間。
2、Chill out. 放鬆,冷靜下來
(1)Each of the very few time-consuming, can be a joy to the Chill out.
每款的耗時非常的少,完全可以忙裡偷閒的去快樂一把。
(2)You need to chill out first before you do something stupid.
在你做蠢事之前先冷靜下來吧。
3、Don’t have a cow.別大驚小怪的。
(1)Don't have a cow! I'll pay for the damages.
別大驚小怪的!我會賠償損失的。
4、Cool it! 放鬆下來!
(1)I should advise you to play it cool it you wish to make any progress in the negotiation.
假使你想在談判中取得一些進展,我勸你還是保持冷靜為好。
(2)Cool it! Don't get so excited!
靜一靜吧! 別那麼激動!
5、Keep your shirt on. 保持冷靜;別發火。
(1)Keep your shirt on, Harry; we have plenty of time to catch the train.
哈裡,你別太緊張了。我們還有很多時間,足夠我們感到火車站。
(2)Honey, keep your shirt on, please. I’m sorry, but the boss made me work late at the office,
親愛的,請千萬別發火。我很抱歉。可是,我的老闆給了我很多活,我不得不在辦公室加班。
6、Take a chill pill. 放心,別慌。
(1)He needs to take a chill pill. 他需要放鬆一下。
7、Easy does it. 鎮定一下(=calm down)
(1)Easy does it, guys—you're moving a priceless piece of art!
慢點,哥們!你們搬的可是一件無價之寶啊!
(2)
Sue: Where is my camera? My passport is gone too!
Sue: 我的相機呢?我的護照也沒了!
Fred: Easy does it, Sue. I think you have someone else's purse.
Fred: 鎮定一下,Sue. 我感覺你拿錯錢包了。
8、Take it down a notch. 別衝動!
take it down a notch 先做個標記。先把這件事記著(等以後再算帳) 引申為別這麼衝動
9、Keep your hair on 沉住氣,別著急
這個詞用於告訴因為某件事生氣或者著急的人保持沉著冷靜。相當於中文裡面的「穩住」,「別急」「淡定」。
(1)Keep your hair on, Mum. You can hardly see the damage.
淡定,老媽。這東西上看不出有什麼損壞。
(2)Keep your hair on! We』ve got plenty of time to get to the airport.
淡定點!我們有足夠的時間趕到機場。
(3)Keep your hair on, Mike.
I wasn't saying that you should do anything dangerous.
淡定,MIKE沒說要你去做危險的事。