今天大劉給大家分享的有關日程安排-Schedule相關的英語習語,配套對應的視頻截圖,建議大家收藏後,慢慢查閱學習。#英語#
Against the clock
釋義:與時間賽跑,爭分奪秒。
We're racing against the clock to finish the ad campaign. We may have to work all night!我們正爭分奪秒地完成廣告活動。我們可能得通宵工作!
Busman's holiday
釋義:有名無實,不符其實
I'm going to Mallorca next week, but I'm afraid it'll be something of a busman's holiday. I'm bringing work.我下周要去馬略卡,但恐怕這會是一個有名無實的假期,因為我要帶工作來。
Burn the midnight oil
釋義:開夜車,熬夜
I'll be burning the midnight oil tonight, but I guarantee I'll finish the paper before class tomorrow at 9.我今晚要熬夜,但我保證明天9點上課前把論文寫完。
Pencil something in
釋義:安排,部署。
Why don't we pencil the 24th for our meeting? I can probably make it. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.為什麼我們不在24號安排下開會的時間?我可能會成功做好的,我明天一定會告訴你。
Back to the drawing board
釋義:重新制定(計劃,安排)
The currency devaluation has completely changed the situation and all our work has been wasted. Back to the drawing board!貨幣貶值徹底改變了形勢,我們的工作都白費了。重新制定計劃吧!
Eleventh hour
釋義:最後一顆,危急時刻。
Brad will wait until the eleventh hour before starting a project, but he always finishes on time.布拉德會等到最後時刻才開始做項目,但他總是能按時完成。
In the works
釋義:開發中,即將面世
If you don't like the current Honda Accord, be patient. A new version is in the works.如果你不喜歡現在的本田雅閣,耐心點。一個新版本正在生產研發,即將面世。
By the book
釋義:按規則,依照慣例。
Why don't you do the programming job by the book for the first few times? Later you can try out your own ideas.你為什麼不在頭幾次按慣例進行編程工作呢?以後你可以嘗試自己的想法。
Cut if fine
釋義:剛剛趕上,幾乎不留餘地。
You're really cutting it fine, aren't you? The report is due at noon, and you're still working on it.你真的剛剛趕上,不是嗎?報告中午交,你還在寫呢。
我是大劉,每天一篇原創英語教程,希望對你有所幫助!