◆ 是親子英語,也是科普!
◆ 靜脈、動脈、心跳、血壓,都怎麼說?
◆ 英文裡說「B超」嗎?
CHECK-UPS (PART TWO)
體檢(下篇)
I. Blood Pressure Test 量血壓
Doctor: Next, we willcheckyourblood pressurewith thislittle machine
醫生:接下來,咱們用這個小儀器給你量量血壓,
which helps me to see how healthy your heart is.
它能讓我了解你心臟的健康程度。
First, I need to put this bandaroundyour arm.
首先,我需要把這個帶子綁到你的胳膊上。
Now I press this button
現在我按這個按鈕,
and it is going to squeeze your arm a little bit.
然後它會擠一下你的胳膊。
The machine gives me a number.
儀器會給出一個數字。
That is a good number which means you have a healthy heart.
這個數值挺好的,說明你有一顆健康的心臟。
II. Venous Blood Collection 靜脈血採集
Nurse: Okay, we are going todrawsomeblood.
護士:好了,我們要抽一點血。
This test is called a venous blood collection.
這個檢測叫靜脈血採集。
Venous 讀作 [vi:ns]。
Child: What does "venous" mean?
寶寶:Venous是什麼意思?
Nurse: It means that it has to do with your veins,
護士:它意思是「與靜脈有關」,動脈叫做artery,讀作 [a:rtri]。靜脈動脈的統稱是blood vessel,血管。
which are like little rivers in your body that carry your blood to your heart.
靜脈就像你身體裡的小河一樣,把血液運輸到你的心臟。
We will need to use a needle to access your vein.
我們需要用一根針來接觸到你的靜脈。
Can you be very brave for me?
你能很勇敢嗎?
Child: I think so.
寶寶:可以吧。
Nurse: But first let us sanitize, or clean,
護士:但是首先咱們要消消毒,也就是清潔一下
the area where we will find your vein.
能找到你靜脈的地方。
Can you see your veins under your skin?
你能看到皮膚下面的靜脈嗎?
Child: Cool! I can see them.
寶寶:好酷哦!我能看見。
They are blue and purple looking.
我看見了,它們是藍色和紫色的。
Nurse: Now, we will tie atubearound yourupper arm
護士:現在我們在你大臂上綁一根帶子,
(1) 小臂叫forearm。(2) 醫用軟管叫tube。
so we have no problem seeing and getting the needle tothe vein.
這樣我們能更清楚地看到血管,就可以下針了。
Mom: Here, hold my hand.
媽媽:來,抓住我的手。
The nice nurse will draw blood for a few seconds,
護士阿姨要抽幾秒鐘血,
so she gets as much as thelabneeds.
這樣化驗室才夠用。
Are you ready?
準備好了嗎?
Child: I think so, but it is a littlescary.
寶寶:應該好了,但是這個有點害怕。
Nurse: You can do it!
護士:你可以的!
Just count to 3 with me.
和我一起數到3.
1…2…3… All done! Great job!
1……2……3……好了!真棒!
III.X-ray X光
Mom: You will be getting an x-ray today.
媽媽:你今天要做一個X光。
Child: What's an x-ray?
寶寶:什麼是X光?
Mom: It's a picture of the inside of your body.
媽媽:它是一張你身體內部情況的照片。
Here's the nurse.
這是護士阿姨。
Nurse: Hi! Let's get ready for your x-ray.
護士:你好!咱們開始準備做X光。
First you will want to change into a hospital gown.
首先你要穿上病號服。
We don't want your clothes tomess withthe x-ray.
我們不希望你的衣服影響X光。
Mom: I'll help you change.
媽媽:我幫你換。
Nurse: Let's walk into the x-ray room.
護士:我們進X光室吧。
Child: Wow, that is a big machine!
寶寶:哇哦,好大的機器!
Will the x-ray hurt?
X光疼嗎?
Nurse: Not at all!
護士:一點都不疼!
It is just a picture, remember?
它就是一張照片,記得吧?
Here, put on this vest.
拿著,穿上這個背心。
It is a little heavy.
它有些重。
It has lead inside to protect you from potential radiation.
它裡面有鉛,能幫你擋住潛在的輻射。
Lead作名詞「鉛」時,讀作 [led],而不是[li:d]。
Mom: Here, let's tie it in the backso itstays on.
媽媽:來,咱們把它從後面繫上,這樣就能固定住了。
Nurse: Very good. Now sit here close to the x-ray machine.
護士:很好。現在坐在X光機器旁邊。
I will go out of the room
我會到屋子外面,
and press the button totakeyourpicture.
按按鈕來給你拍照。
Now sit very still.
現在坐著一動都不要動。
[Machine takes picture 機器採集圖像]
Great! You did very well.
太棒了!你做的很好。
I will process the image
我去處理一下圖像,
and you will be able to see your x-ray
你就可以看到你的X光片了,
and the doctor willgo overitwithyou.
然後醫生會給你講解。
Feel free to change back into your clothes now.
現在可以換回自己的衣服了。
IV. ECG 心電圖
Mom: Part of your check-up today will include an ECG, orelectrocardiogram.
媽媽:今天體檢有一項是ECG,也就是心電圖。
Electrocardiogram 讀作 [ilektru'ka:rdiuɡrm]。
Child: That sounds fancy. What is it?
寶寶:聽起來有點複雜。它是什麼?
Mom: It is a test that checks the rhythm of your heart.
媽媽:它是一個檢測你心跳頻率的項目。
It also checks if your blood isflowing to and fromyour heart properly.
它還會檢查你的血液是否正常從心臟流進流出。
Nurse: This will be a breeze.
護士:這個很簡單的。
I will need to place theseelectrodeson your chest.
我需要把這些電極放在你的胸口上。
Electrodes 讀作 [ilektrudz]。
Don't worry - they won't hurt.
不用擔心,這個不疼的。
The machine will record yourheartbeat
儀器會記錄你的心跳數據,
and mark it onto graph paper
把它列印在方格紙上,
that we can study to see if your heart is healthy.
這樣我們就能研究你的心臟是否健康了。
Child: Does "electro" mean it will have electricity?
寶寶:Electro 是代表有電嗎?
Nurse: Good question.
護士:問得好。
It does, but they are very smallelectrical impulses,
是的,不過它們是很小的電脈衝,
so you won't feel them.
所以你是感覺不到的。
Impulses 讀作 [implsiz]。
They are all on now.
它們現在都開著呢。
Alright, lie down on your back and be very still.
好了,躺下別動。
This will take a few seconds.
這個需要幾秒鐘。
Nurse: All done! Looks like you have a very healthy heart.
護士:搞定!看來你的心臟非常健康。
V. Ultrasound 超聲
Nurse: Follow me. We're about to finish your check-up with anultrasound.
護士:跟我來。我們再做一個超聲就體檢完了。
Ultrasound比B ultrasound這種說法更常用,讀作 [ltrsaund]。
Child: Is this what the doctor uses to see a baby still in his mommy's tummy?
寶寶:這個是醫生用來看媽媽肚肚裡的寶寶的那個嗎?
Mom: Yes, it is. We have a copy of my ultrasound of you inside my tummy!
媽媽:對,就是那個。我們留著一份你在媽媽肚子裡時候的超聲報告呢!
Nurse: Lie down on this table, please.
護士:躺在這個臺子上。
Now, pull your shirt up to show your stomach.
現在把衣服撩起來,把肚子露出來。
I'm going to put some jelly on,
我要給你抹一些凝膠,
如果要特指耦合劑,用coupling jelly,coupling 讀作 [kpli]。
so the ultrasound can read the inside of you properly.
這樣超聲就能正確地讀取你身體內部的信息了。
Child: That tickles!
寶寶:好癢!
Nurse: Haha, I bet it does.
護士:哈哈,我就知道你會癢。
Try to hold still, we are almost done.
再堅持一下馬上就好了。
All good. Let's clean your stomach and you will be good to go.
都挺好。把你的肚子擦乾淨,你就可以走了。
帶寶寶體檢的英文(上)- 稱體重、量身高、驗血驗尿、查視力聽力