今天和大家說說:為某人說好/壞話的英文表達~一起來看看!
01
talk sb/sth up 替...說好話,吹捧..., 替...美言
Don't worry. I'll talk you up when your girlfriend's here.
別擔心, 你女朋友來了我會替你說好話的。
Even though you talked him up. I 'm pretty clear who he is.
儘管你大力捧他, 但我很清楚他是什麼人。
The book has become the biggest seller since the celebrity talked it up.
自從一位名人捧吹了這本書後它成為了最暢銷的書。
02
put in a good word for sb 說好話;美言
I really need a job and I was hoping you might put in a good word for me with your boss.
我真的需要一份工作,所以希望你能在你老闆面前為我美言幾句。
Please put in a good word for me with the supervisor.
請在主管面前為我美言幾句。
03
speak ill of sb 說壞話
I realize one shouldn't speak ill of the dead. 我認識到不應該說死人的壞話。
I never speak ill of a colleague. 我從不說同事的壞話。
04
bad-mouth 批評XX:說XX壞話
Stop bad-mouthing him all the time.
不要沒完沒了地說他壞話。
Why are you always bad-mouthing that company?
你為什麼總是批評那家公司啊?
04
talk behind someone's back 在某人背後說壞話
talk smack about someone 說某人壞話
Talking behind people's back is not a nice thing to do. It's obnoxious. 在背後說人壞話是非常不好的行為,太讓人討厭了。
I heard you were talking smack about me to my friends. Why would you do that to me?
我聽說你跟我朋友說我壞話。你為什麼要這麼做呢?