更多內容請百度搜索:可小果
火星
Mars,
人類如此命名 就自以為很了解
so you name it, and think that you know it.
紅色星球
The Red Planet.
沒有空氣和生命
No air, no life.
事實上你們並不熟悉火星
But you do not know Mars,
因為它的真名叫做巴蘇姆
for its true name is Barsoom.
不但有空氣 還有生命
And it is not airless, nor is it dead,
只是已經瀕臨死亡
but it is dying.
一切要拜佐丹格城所賜
The city of Zodanga saw to that.
佐丹格 殺掠之城
Zodanga, the predator city,
徵戰殺伐 貪得無厭
moving, devouring,
掠奪巴蘇姆星球的能源和生命
draining Barsoom of energy and life.
只有偉大的希雷姆城能與之抗衡
Only the great city of Helium dared resist, stood strong,
飛艇力量勢均力敵
matched Zodanga airship for airship,
千年以來 堅挺如故
holding fast for a thousand years.
直到有一天 佐丹格的軍隊
Until one day the ruler of Zodanga
在沙塵暴的掩護下發起突襲
became cornered in a sandstorm.
歷史從此改變
And everything changed.
找個光線好的地方
I need clean lights!
升高飛艦
Full loft, aye!
升高
Full loft!
不能再高了
Intensity full!
-用力轉彎 改變方向 -重新定位
- Hard turn! Come about! - Facing new plot!
來不及了 快轉彎
No time! Hard turn now!
那裡
There!
-影子 -敵艦來了
- Shadow! - Shadow!
誓死保衛希雷姆
Death to Helium!
傻人有傻福 薩博·贊恩
Being a fool is a great luxury, Sab Than.
起來
Get up.
你們是誰...什麼東西
Who... What are you?
女神座下侍者
We serve the Goddess.
她選中你使用這件武器
And she has chosen you to receive this weapon.
乖乖聽話 你就能成為巴蘇姆之王
Do as we command and you will rule all of Barsoom.
沒人能反對你
With none to defy you.
所向披靡 無堅不摧
And nothing to stand in your way.
異 星 戰 場
紐約 1881年
New York City, 1881
夫人 冒犯了
Ma'am.
電報最短10個字
Ten words a minimum.
總共50美分 快遞另加錢
That's 50 cents, unless you want special delivery.
還真是快遞
Special delivery it is.
發件人姓名
Name of sender?
卡特
Carter.
約翰·卡特
John Carter.
內德 馬上見面 約翰·卡特
哈德遜克羅頓站到了
Croton-on-Hudson!
巴勒斯先生 在下湯普森
Mr. Burroughs? I'm Thompson,
卡特上尉的管家
Captain Carter's butler.
很抱歉得告訴您一個噩耗
Sir, I'm afraid I bring sad tidings.
巴勒斯先生 我是諾亞·道爾頓 令叔的律師
Mr. Burroughs, Noah Dalton, your uncle's attorney.
痛聞噩耗 深表同情
My deepest sympathies.
令叔的去世我們都很吃驚
His death came as a shock to all of us.
他平時身體很好 活力煥發
He was a model of health and vigor.
給敝人和醫生發完電報之後
He just dropped dead in his study
還不到5分鐘 他就倒在了書房裡
not five minutes after sending word for me and the doctor.
等我趕到 他已經亡故了
When I arrived he was already gone.
他總是孜孜不倦地挖掘
The man never stopped digging.
滿世界地挖
All over the world.
不久前他又發現了一個洞 然後就去了
No soon he started digging one hole then he was off to Java
爪哇島位於印尼 奧克尼群島位於英國蘇格蘭東北部
爪哇島或者奧克尼群島 找另一個洞
or the Orkney Islands to dig another.
他聲稱這只是純粹的研究
He said it was pure research,
但我總覺得他在找些什麼東西
but it always seemed to me like he was looking for something.
我猜想他已有所獲
Oh, and God grant me he's found it now.
作為騎兵上尉 他在各方面都是優秀的
Every inch a cavalry man, to the very end.
母親總是說傑克的心還留在戰場
Mother always said that Jack never really came back from the war.
離去的只是他的肉體而已
That it was only his body that went west.
他曾給我講述精彩絕倫的故事
He used to tell me the most wondrous stories.
我想見他最後一面
I'd like to pay my respects.
你看不見鎖眼
You won't find a keyhole.
只能從裡面往外開門
Thing only opens from the inside.
這是他的遺囑
He insisted.
不用防腐劑 開棺露屍 不舉行葬禮
No embalming, an open coffin, no funeral.
另外就是 你還不能繼承遺產
You don't acquire the kind of wealth your uncle commanded
這也是他的遺囑
by being like the rest of us.
走 我們回屋去說吧
Come. Let's go inside.
魂歸故裡
"最後 我指定
"And lastly, I hereby direct
遺產將以信託投資的方式保管25年
that my estate shall be held in trust for 25 years,
收入歸我摯愛的侄子
the income to benefit my beloved nephew,
埃德加·賴斯·巴勒斯 美國著名科幻小說家 本片原著《火星》系列及《人猿泰山》的作者
埃德加·賴斯·巴勒斯
Edgar Rice Burroughs,
到期後按條款將本金移交給他
at the end of which term the principal will revert to him.
全部"
In full."
雖然我尊重他的遺願 但這也太漫長了
Of course I always adored him, but it's been so long.
為什麼選我
Why me?
他從不解釋 我也從不過問
He never offered an explanation, I never asked him for one.
這是他的日記
It was his private journal.
特別明確指定 只有你
He was most explicit that you,
才能翻看裡面的內容
and only you, would read its contents.
也許從中可以找到一些解釋
Now, you might possibly find some kind of explanation in here.
現在交給你了
I'll leave you now.
節哀順變
Again, my condolences.
親愛的埃德加
My dear Edgar,
記得以前我將你抱坐在膝蓋上
l remember how l used to take you on my knee
給你講述狂野的傳奇故事
and tell you wild tales,
你是多麼的信任我 認真聆聽每個字
which you always did me the great courtesy of believing.
現在你長大了
Now you are grown.
我們陰陽兩隔
Time and space have parted us,
但是我期望能穿越時空
but l reach out across that distance
找回那個天真的大眼睛男孩
to that same wide-eyed boy
請他再信任我一次
and ask him to believe me once more.
這個故事發生在13年前
This wild tale begins 13 years ago
在皮裡雷尼奧山脈
in the Arizona Territory
和地獄谷之間的
between the Pinaleno Mountains
亞利桑那州 美國西南部內陸州 早期為印第安人居住地
亞利桑那州境內
and the backside of hell.
格蘭特堡前哨站 1868
Fort Grant Outpost, 1868
又想用蜘蛛精來騙吃騙喝啦
Coming to load up on spider bait.
不行 卡特
No more, Carter.
怎麼了 信不過我 迪克斯先生
Is there a problem, Mr. Dix?
不錯 你個混蛋
Yes, you're a goddamn loon!
你的錢已經花光了 卡特
I done took all your money, Carter.
還欠100元的酒錢沒付
Your tab's $100 in arrears.
我會付的
I'll pay.
老亞瓦佩統告訴我他看見一個山洞
This old Yavapai I met said he'd seen a cave...
住口 別再說什麼洞裡的金子
No. Stop! Not one more word about your cave of gold.
不要吵
Oh, now, now.
認真一點
Show some respect!
這個金洞是蜘蛛精的
It's the evil spider cave of gold.
這裡不歡迎你 卡特
You're cut off, Carter.
回家去吧
Now get on home.
我真心覺得
Now, I do believe
老闆的意思是請你離開這裡
he done told you to get on out of here.
把袋子裝滿 我就會走
I'll leave when these bags are full.
2天前我和博妮塔發現了這個
I found that two days ago up by Bonita.
夠還我的欠單了吧 再給我些儲備
That ought to cover my tab and then some.
豆子
Beans.
先來點豆子
The first item is beans.
約翰·卡特
John Carter?
你受派遣前來接防
Your presence is requested up at the fort.
我勸你聽話一點
I suggest you come peaceably.
是嗎
Do you, now?