更多內容請百度搜索:可小果
你們倆 在一起多久了
You guys... how long were you dating?
大概一年
About a year.
你們是大學認識的嗎
And you met in college, right?
是的
Yeah.
是七年前的事了
It was about seven years ago.
但我還...我和傑克是朋友
But I'm more... I'm friends with Jack, you know.
他以前常在煎鍋里舖上一層奶酪
He used to take a frying pan and just put cheese in it.
然後捲起來吃
And he'd roll it up.
-真的嗎 -千真萬確
- Is this true? - It's absolutely true.
-你之前有講過 -絕對是真事
- You've said that before. - It's absolutely true.
他把那東西叫做 "奶酪卷"
He'd call it... he's like, "Oh, I made my cheese log."
我有一次需要坐輪椅
I needed a wheelchair.
一天晚上 我們走到急診室入口
So one night, we went to an emergency room entrance,
偷了一把輪椅 把它帶回家
and we stole a wheelchair and took it out back.
他推著我下了山
And he was pushing me down the hill.
湯姆真那麼做了嗎
Tom did that?
是的 因為 他知道我需要輪椅
Yeah, it was... he knew that I needed a wheelchair.
他以前有一艘太陽魚型單帆船
He used to have one of those, those sunfishes,
就是那種只有一個...
you know, the boats that have the one...
-只有一張帆的嗎 -對 一張帆
- The one sail? - The one sail.
是啊 是啊 免費版的
Yeah, yeah, free version.
他會出門 然後一去
He would go out, and he would be gone
就是六七個小時
for, like, six or seven hours.
我們就擔心得要死
And we'd be, like, really worried,
因為我們在岸邊看不到他
because we couldn't see him from the shore.
那個樂隊叫什麼
What was that band called?
那樂隊叫"大腳怪"
It was a band called Bigfoot.
不對 是叫...
No, it was...
因為他是海洋生物學家
'Cause he was a marine biologist.
他喜歡大魚
He liked big fish.
是的 但關鍵是 那個輪椅
Well, yes, but the thing is, there was a name
上面有個名字
attached to the wheelchair.
所以是特意訂做的
So it was for someone.
是啊 我們是老交情了
Yeah, we've been friends for a long time.
是啊
Yeah.
馬克就是這樣 他走進一個房間
Mark was one of these guys who would, like, walk into a room.
比如我們在開派對的時候
You know, like we could be at a party.
總有那麼一個人
You could have the one person in the room,
是能活躍氣氛的
playing you, for example.
比如大家都不愛說話的時候
Like, no one was talking.
不 但總會有一個人
No, but there's something to be said
覺得應該說點什麼讓大家舒服點
for just somebody who just makes people feel comfortable.
沒錯 他確實如此
He did. He did.
姐妹情深
我們當時正走在街上
We were just walking down the street.
好的 好的 謝謝
Yeah, yeah. Thank you.
開始吧
You got it.
我想儘量講得正式一點
Trying make this, like, a respectable event.
我...
I...
一年過去了
It's been a year.
然後
And,
我覺得 我們為湯姆相聚在此
I thought it was really important
是很有意義的
that we do this for Tom.
要頌揚自己如此尊敬的人 實非易事
It's so hard to eulogize someone who you look up to, you know,
因為湯姆實在太出色了
'cause Tom was amazing.
他簡直就是最好的人
He was the best fucking guy.
湯姆是個好朋友 他對我們所有人
I mean, he was a better friend to all of us
都勝過我們對他
than we were to him.
至少 我是這麼認為的
I mean, at least, that's how I feel.
回顧過去
I just think back.
我們在威斯康辛大學時是室友
We were roommates at UW.
我還記得
And, like, I remember, like,
有一次莎拉來看我
at one point, Sara came to visit me.
他把東西全都搬到公共休息室去
And he moved all of his stuff into the common room
把房間讓給我們
to sleep there.
不 他真的是...
No, and he really...
我說 那裡太臭了
and I was like, "It smells bad."
他就說 沒事 沒事
And he was like, "No." He was like, "No, no, no.
這樣你們才能享受魚水之歡
I'm gonna do it so you can have sex."
我就說 我們沒打算做愛
And I was like, "We're not having sex."
我想...而他卻說
I would... and he was like,
這事兒 我樂見其成
"But I'm optimistic, you know."
所以我...
And so I...
他真是慷慨大方
and he was just so generous, you know.
他是最棒的哥們兒
He was just... he was the best.
我剛剛在想 今天
And I was just thinking today, I mean,
講述盧安達大屠殺中拯救難民的故事
我看到電視上放《盧安達飯店》
I saw Hotel Rwanda came on TV.
我曾經和他在影院看過這個片子
And he... he and I saw it together in the theater.
電影上映的第二天
And the day after it came out,
他就開始到西雅圖市中心的避難所服務
he started donating time at the shelter in downtown Seattle.
他就是這樣的人
That's what he was like.
別人只想不做
You'd sit there thinking about it,
而他會付諸行動
and he would do it.
為他乾杯吧
And just cheers... you know,
就為這 我要為他幹一杯
I just want to say "Cheers" to that.
乾杯
Cheers.
-敬湯姆 -敬湯姆
- To Tom. - To Tom.
乾杯
Cheers.
湯姆和我都是電影迷
Tom and I were big into movies,
我們一起看電影長大的
you know, growing up.
實際上 湯姆和我
Actually, Tom and I, like,
有過一次很特別的觀影經歷
had a seminal movie experience together
和《盧安達飯店》很類似
not dissimilar from Hotel Rwanda,
只不過那片子叫《菜鳥大反攻》
except it was with Revenge of the Nerds.
那片子棒極了
And it was fascinating.
那部影片 改變了他
It sort of... it changed him,
湯姆小時候 可不像後來
'cause Tom was not like you know him
你們所知道的樣子
when he was younger.
湯姆以前...
Tom was...
他以前是個小霸王
he was the bully,
我去學校接他的時候發現的
I found out, like, when I went to pick him up from school.
他控制欲很強
And, he was quite emotionally
而且以強欺弱
and physically manipulative.
我看到 他在看《菜鳥大反攻》時
And when I watched him watching Revenge of the Nerds,
突然就醒悟了
just something clicked in him,
他似乎明白了
which was, he was learning that, like,
惡霸和混球總是不得善終
the bullies and the assholes end up last,
而書呆子和好人才會笑到最後
and the nerds and the nice guys win.
他那聰明的小腦瓜馬上開始算計
And his little brain started clocking away
於是得出結論說 該死
and going "Oh, fuck.
我要想混得好一點
"If I'm gonna gain favor in this world,
就得做個好人
I'm gonna be nice.
就得大公無私
I'm gonna be altruistic.
我要看《盧安達飯店》
I'm gonna watch Hotel Rwanda
然後去避難所當志願者
and volunteer at a shelter,
因為那樣招女孩子喜歡
'cause girls will like that.
我就能泡到妞了
I will get laid.
就能找到更好的工作了
I'll get better job.
前途就一片光明了
I'll succeed forward in the life."
我看事實不是這樣
I don't think that's what it is.
但純粹主義者...
But the purist vers...
我看這麼說不太對
I don't think that that's accurate.
艾爾 艾爾
Al? Al?
我知道 你和他
I know you spent some time with him
相處過幾年 但我和他畢竟是兄弟
in the last couple of years, but I... but he's my brother.
我覺得評價一個人 不能單單以他
I just think you're gonna hold someone to something
14歲時候的所作所為
that happened when they were fucking 14 years old
或是他當時的為人 作為依據
or whatever he was when that happened.
我們要敬他 就應該敬最真實的他
If we're gonna toast the man, let's toast the man.
不要只是說一堆好話來編個頌辭
Let's not eulogize somebody like a fucking bullshit...
更多內容請百度搜索:可小果