瀏覽器版本過低,暫不支持視頻播放
- Hello everyone, and welcome back to English With Lucy.
大家好,歡迎回來跟露西一起學英語。
Today, I've got a lesson, which is going to be a little bit different.
今天我們要講的課程,將會有一點點不同。
It's all about phrases and grammar mistakes that drive English people crazy.
我們要講一些讓英國人抓狂的短語和語法錯誤。
And they're normally mistakes made by native speakers.
這些錯誤通常是母語使用者常常犯的。
But I thought it'd be really, really interesting for you guys to see these mistakes and to hear about them, so that you can identify when these mistakes are made and also, I get a lot of comments saying ooh but I heard my English teacher or my English friend say this the other day and you said it's wrong.
不過我覺得如果你們看到這些錯誤或者聽到這些錯誤,會覺得很有意思。你能在出現這種錯誤的時候辨別出來,我看到很多評論說我聽我的英語老師這麼說或者我的英國朋友也這麼說但是露西你說這個錯的。
We'll clear up any doubts.
我們來澄清這些疑問。
I mean, the language is always evolving.
我想說,語言是總在進化的。
They are becoming part of the English language, but they're not necessarily traditionally correct.
有些是會成為語言的一部分,但是從傳統意義上來不一定是正確的。
So let's talk about it today.
我們今天來說一說這些問題。
Before we get started, if you are really worried about your spoken English,
在我們正式開始前,如果你對你的口語很不滿意的話,
I highly recommend Italki.
我強烈推薦Italki。
Italki is an online language teacher database.
Itaki是個線上語言老師的資料庫。
It's got thousands of teachers teaching almost every language under the sun.
它有很多老師可以教授世界上幾乎所有的語言。
You can choose from professional, qualified teachers and community conversation teachers.
你可以選擇專業的,合格的,和日常交流的老師。
And because they're all independent teachers, the prices are phenomenal.
因為他們是很獨立的老師,價格也很誘人。
They set their own prices and it tends to be fantastic value for money.
老師們自己定價,然後這個價格絕對物有所值。
They've given me a buy one, get one free offer, so you buy one lesson and you get another one free.
現在他們提供給我了一個買一贈一的活動,如果你購買了一個課程,你可以免費獲得另外一個課程。
After making your first 10 dollar purchase at Italki, they will then credit your account with 10 extra dollars, so that's like a free lesson.
而且如果你頭一次在Italki上花了十美金,他們會給你返十美金的券,說白了也是差不多免費了。
All you have to do is click on the link in the description box and join the platform.
你需要做的僅僅是點擊在詳情區中的連結然後加入進來。
Right, let's get started with the lesson.
那麼我們開始今天的課程。
The first one, and this one is massive, it really does annoy people.
第一個,這個很嚴重啊,很多人都飽受其害。
I did a video on apostrophes the other day, you can click up here to see it, and I was invited on to the radio to speak about it and loads and loads of people were phoning in, saying they can't stand it when this mistake is made.
我以前做過一個關於縮寫的視頻,你可以在這裡點連結看一看,我也曾收到邀請去電臺講關於這個的事兒,然後很多很多人都打電話進來,說當這種問題出現時,他們不能忍受。
It's saying of instead of have.
我那次說得是have的問題。
So, if I use I would have, I should have, oh, I should have gone to the shops.
如果我使用I would have, I should have,I should have gone to the shops。
Oh, I would have eaten it but I was full. people mishear it when it's in a contraction form, should've, would've.
I would have eaten it but I was full.如果出現了縮寫的時候,人們總會聽錯,should've, would've。
They think we're saying should of and would of, which is incorrect, and so that's now becoming quite common.
人們會覺得我們在說should of 和 would of,其實是不對的,但是現在成了正常的了。
Oh you should of.
you should of。
Oh, you would of.
Oh, we could of.
It's wrong, but it's so frequently used and it does annoy people.
這樣說是錯的,但是我們總這麼說,這讓人們很崩潰的。
And yes, it is technically incorrect, so if you ever see people writing it, or hear people saying it, you know that it's incorrect.
這個確實是錯誤的,所以如果你看到人們這麼寫,或者他們這麼說,你得知道這是錯的。
They should have studied a little harder in school.
他們其實應該在學校裡好好學習的。
Number two, and this is to do with ordering in restaurants and ordering, I always think of coffee shops when I hear this one.
第二個,在餐廳點餐的時候,這種錯誤會讓我想起來咖啡廳。
It's something that's quite American that's come over to Britain and the Brits don't seem to like it a lot.
有時候這種說法會很顯得美式,現在越來越往英式發展,英國人其實並不喜歡這個。
And it is when people say, instead of please may I have, or please can I have, they say can I get, or can I grab, like can I get a glass of water, or can I get a coffee?
人們不是說please may I have,或者是please can I have,他們會說can I get,或者是can I grab,比如說,can I get a glass of water,或者是can I get a coffee?
It's just not very polite, because we're missing out that all-important please.
這個說法其實不是很禮貌,因為我們都忘記了說最重要的那個please。
Please may I have is the most polite, please can I have is acceptable, but can I get?
Please may I have是最禮貌的,please can I have也是可以接受的,但是can I get?
It's like saying can I obtain?
就像說can I obtain?
It's like, yes you can, you physically can, but you're not really asking for it.
就像說,是的,你能,從能力來說你可以,但是你不是在請求別人。
So that annoys a lot of people.
這個錯誤也會讓人覺得很煩。
The next one, number three, is something that I do a lot.
第三個,我也經常犯這個錯誤。
I feel a lot of pressure not to do it now.
我現在如果不這麼說反而會覺得很不適應。
It's starting sentences with so, and I do it all the time, and it's because it gives me a little bit of time to think before I say something.
就是用so來作為句子的開頭,我總是會這麼說,因為這樣做可以給我一個短暫的時間去思考,在我說話之前。
So, I don't really know what to do about that one.
我還真不知道該怎麼糾正這個問題。
Think more?
多考慮一會兒?
I guess I could.
我覺得我應該可以。
So, from now on I'm gonna think more before I speak.
那從現在開始,我就得在說話之前好好想想。
Number four, I've mentioned this in my?words that you mispronounce video,?you can see it up here,?it is when people pronounce the letter H as heytch.
第四個,其實這一個我在錯誤發音的視頻裡已經跟大家說過了,你們可以在這裡看到,就是人們在讀H字母的時候會發音成heytch。
I totally get why they do it.
我還真知道他們為什麼這麼說。
My boyfriend does it all the time, because the letter H makes a ha sound, so it makes sense that it would be pronounced heytch, right?
我男朋友就總這麼說,因為字母H會發ha的聲音,所以,如果H的發音是heytch的話,其實也還挺合情合理的,對吧?
Wrong, unfortunately.
不對喲。
It should just be H.
應該是H。
Number five, the thing that really, really grinds people's gears, really annoys them, is the overuse of the word like.
第五個,這個真的真的很折磨人,讓人心煩,就是過度地使用like。
I think this did come over from America in TV shows from like, teenage, see I said it.
在美國很多的電視節目中,像比如,青少年,看我是不是也說了一個。
From teenage TV shows. (laughing)
很多青少年節目中。
But it's widely used, especially amongst the younger generation.
這個詞被廣泛使用,尤其是新一代的年輕人們。
We like, say like, like, all the time, it's like so annoying. (laughing)
We like,say like, like, 經常這麼說,這個也挺討厭的。
Yeah, I got into a huge habit of saying that at school but my mum drummed it out of me.
我在上學的時候總這麼說,我媽媽給我糾正過來了。
That doesn't mean she hit me, it just means she kept saying don't say that.
這個不是說她打我,這個drum的意思是她一直敲打我,不讓我那麼說。
Number six, this is one I hadn't really thought of before but I saw it on Twitter, when people were talking about what really annoys them.
第六個,這個是我之前沒想到的,我在推特上看見過,人們說到有什麼確實困擾他們的事情。
And it is, instead of saying sitting down, when people say sat down.
這一個就是,人們不會說sitting down,人們會說sat down。
So if I say I was sitting on a bench, people would say I was sat on a bench or I was sat down on a bench, and it's incorrect.
所以如果我說I was sitting on a bench,人們會說,I was sat on a bench或者 I was sat down on a bench,這樣說是不對的。
It should be sitting.
應該說sitting。
I was to be, I-N-G verb, sitting.
應該是動詞的ing形式,sitting。
But people seem to say sat a lot, and it annoys people.
但是人們好像經常這麼說,這樣也讓人們有些不爽呢。
It cheeses them off.
讓人們不爽。
To cheese off is quite a nice way to say to piss off, both of which mean to annoy.
To cheese off也是一個很漂亮的講法,如果你想表達惹毛某人的話,這兩個的意思是一樣的。
Number seven, the misuse of reflexive pronouns.
第七個,關於反身代詞的誤用。
And I must admit, I try not to let a lot annoy me, but this one, every time I hear it, my ears want to just close up. (laughing)
我必須承認,我有時候不想讓這些錯誤來煩我,但是如果我聽到人們犯了這個錯誤,我都想把我耳朵閉起來。
It's when people say myself instead of me or I.
就是人們會錯誤地使用myself來代替me或者I。
So, if I call someone on the phone and I say hi, can I talk to John please?
比如,我給某人打電話,我會說hi, can I talk to John please?
And they say yep, that is myself.
然後對方會說, that is myself。
Why don't you just say yep, that's me? (laughing) I don't get that.
可是為什麼你就不能直接說that's me呢?我搞不懂啊。
Or they reply and say myself and my colleague will be here to help you.
還會有人說myself and my colleague
You should just say my colleague and I will be here to help you.
應該說my colleague and I
So, yeah, it's just unnecessary.
所以說,這樣說沒必要的。
For me, it falls flat.
對我來說,這種說法反而達不到預期效果。
I think it sounds really bad, overuse of the word myself.
我覺得這樣說起來不好聽,而且誤用了myself這個詞。
The next one, using an adjective instead of an adverb.
下一個,應該用副詞的時候卻用了形容詞。
For example, he did good.
比如,he did good。
Now, good is an adjective, well is an adverb.
good是形容詞,well是副詞。
So if I say he did good, it means he did a good deed, he did something good.
所以如果我說he did good,其實應該的意思是他做了好事,或者是he did something good。
But if I say he did well, it means he did something in a good way.
但是如果我說he did well,我的意思是他把某事做好了。
He did it well, in a good fashion.
He did it well,現在很時髦。
So a common mistake is when people say how are you doing?
還有個很常見的錯誤就是,當人們說how are you doing的時候,
And they say yeah, I'm doing good.
人們會回答說I'm doing good。
It should be I am doing well.
但是應該是I am doing well。
Doing good would mean yeah, I'm giving loads to charity, gave my lunch to a homeless person.
Doing good的意思是我做了很多善事,我把我的午餐給了流浪漢。
That's not what they intend to say, well, unless they did do that which is excellent.
事實上他們想表達的不是這個意思,除非他們真的是做了一些很棒的事情。
Number nine, this is one that annoys me, and I get this sometimes on the comments on my Instagram, and it's always no offence, but.
第九,這個問題也困擾著我,我也因為這個問題在我的INS上看到了很多評論,no offence,but。
If you say no offence it means that you don't intend to offend anyone, but if you say no offence but, and then you say something really offensive, my head just explodes.
no offence的意思是,你無意冒犯任何人,但是如果你說no offence but,這個意思就明顯帶有了攻擊性,我頭快炸了。
Why? (laughing)
為什麼?
No offence but, you look terrible in that dress, or I really hate you, no offence.
No offence but, you look terrible in that dress,或者是I really hate you, no offence。
Well, you've just said something offensive, so don't say no offence because it's offensive.
好吧,你其實已經說了一些很冒犯的話了,所以別說no offence,因為這個說法本身就很冒犯了。
I think I need a glass of cider. (laughing)
我覺得我需要一本蘋果汁。
The last one, this is when people say them instead of those.
最後一個,有時候人們會用them來代替those。
I want those shoes, but some people will say I want them shoes, them ones over there.
I want those shoes,事實上有人會說I want them shoes。them ones over there。
It's not correct, it should be those.
這是錯的,應該說those。
Those people, those shoes, those carrots, not them.
Those people, those shoes, those carrots, 而不是them。
It's not correct.
這樣說是不對的。
It's not correct. (snivelling)
這樣是不對的。
Help me.
幫幫我。
I have people commenting under the videos, like, why are you saying those?
有些人在這個視頻下面評論,為什麼你會說這些?
I've heard someone say them.
我聽到過有人會說them,
Well I'm telling you now, those.
我現在告訴你們,those。
Those is the plural form of that.
those的that的複數形式。
That cat, those cats.
That cat, those cats。
Them is a pronoun.
them則是一個代詞。
It's the objective case of they.
是they的賓格。
I gave them the cat.
I gave them the cat。
I saw them yesterday.
I saw them yesterday。
I do think now that them is used in place of those in certain dialects now, so I think in certain places in the UK it's completely acceptable because the mistake has been made so many times.
我確實覺得現在them在某些口音中確實已經代替了those。所以我覺得在某些英國地區,是完全可以接受的,因為錯誤的東西已經被使用了很多次了。
Right guys, that's it for today's video.
好了,這就是今天的視頻。
It was different, but please let me know if you liked it.
有些不同,我希望得到你們的反饋,是否你們會喜歡。
I really enjoyed making this one because I felt like I let out a lot of anger.
我倒是很喜歡做這個視頻,因為我覺得這樣可以使我釋放一些怒氣。
If there are any other things that annoy you in the English language, common mistakes, common mispronunciations, or should I annoy you by saying pro-noun-ciations?
如果你在英語中有些常見的錯誤和常見的發音錯誤困擾著你,或者我應該說pro-noun-ciations?
It's pronunciations.
是pronunciations。
Do comment it down below, don't forget to check out Italki, the link is in the description, and you can connect with me on all of my social media.
在下面評論,別忘了去看看Italki,連結在詳情區中,然後你可以在我所有的社交媒體上聯繫我。
I've got my Facebook, I've got my Instagram, and I've got my Twitter.
臉書啦,INS啦,還有我的推特。
The Instagram is where I do loads of really cool worldwide giveaways, so check that out.
INS上我會發布一些免費的好玩兒的東西,去看看吧。
Right, I will see you soon for another lesson.
好吧,我們下個視頻見。