大學裡,我們經常會被要求上臺做一個presentation,中文的還好一些,而英文的就會難一些。正是如此,presentation才能真正地提高我們的臨場能力、控場能力。無論是在英文面試、論文答辯、項目展示或其他場合,一個好的 presentation 能讓你在面對這些時更得心應手。那麼在面對很多的聽眾的情況下,我們應該展示出最實用的英文表達來幫我們更好地應對各種情況。
一、開場白
⒈正式場合做 presentation,可能需要一些隆重點的開場白。
① Ladies and gentleman. It’s an honor to have the opportunity to address such a distinguished audience
女士們先生們,我感到很榮幸有機會在這麼多傑出的觀眾面前發言。
② Good morning, everyone. I appreciate the opportunity to be with you today. I am here to talk to you about.
各位早上好。很開心有這個機會跟你們一起。今天在這裡我主要想跟大家談…
③ I am delighted/pleased/glad to have the opportunity to present/of making this presentation.我非常開心有機會在這做演示
⒉如果是輕鬆場合,則可以隨意一些。
① Hello again everybody. Thank you for being on time/making the effort to come today.
大家好。謝謝大家今天抽出時間來這裡
②I’m glad you could all get here.
我很開心你們都能來……
二、概述
簡單介紹一下你的展示,包括主要內容、展示時長和你準備如何回答問題。
⒈主題
The subject of my presentation is今天演示主題是…
I shall be speaking today about.我今天主要談論…
My presentation concerns…我的演示主要是關於… today' s topic is.今天的題目是
Today we are here to give a presentation on.今天我們要做一個關於……的演示。
⒉發言長度
During the next ten minutes, I shall.
在接下來十分鐘,我會…
My presentation will last for about ten minutes.我的演示大概有十分鐘…
I won’t take up more than ten minutes of your time….我的演示不會超過十分鐘…
I know that time is short, so I intend to keep this brief我知道時間不多了,所以我會簡短說明。
I have a lot to cram in to the next
I know that time is short, so I intend to keep this part..在接下來十分鐘我要說的很多,
所以我最好進入正題……
⒊概要
My presentation is in three parts.展示分為三部分。 My presentation is divided into three main sections.我的展示分為了三個主要部分。
Firstly, secondly, finally..第一,第二,最後
I’m going to take a look at/talk about/ examine/ concentrate on/ limit myself to the question of我將看一看/說一說/研究/專注於/集中於…的問題
tell you something about the background.和你們說一說相關背景
give you some facts and figures.告知你們一些事實和數據
fill you in on the history of..告訴你們….的歷史。歡迎提問
Please feel free to interrupt me if you have questions.如果你有任何問題,請隨意打斷我。
There will be time for questions at the end of the presentation.展示最後,會留出時間進行問答
I』d be grateful if you could ask your questions after the presentation.如果您能在展示後提問,我會很感激。
三、主體部分
⒈演講過程中,時不時提醒觀眾你所講的內容和他們的利益和興趣密切相關。
As I said at the beginning..正如我開始時所講的…
of course , this will help you(to achieve the 20% Increase).當然,這能夠幫助你(獲得20%的增長率)。
As you remember, we are concerned with.
正如你所記得的那樣,我們十分關心……的問題。
This ties in with my original statement.
這與我一開始的陳述相一致。
This relates directly to the question I put to you before.這與我之前向你們提出的問題直接相關
確保觀眾跟上你的思路
I』d now like to move on to.在我要說下一個…I』d like to turn to.….我要轉移到
that's all I have to say about這就是關於…我所要講的所有內容了。
Now I』d like to look at..現在,我想來看一看
This leads me to my next point.這就把我引入下一個要點。
We all ought to be aware of the following points.我們應該意識到
⒉引導觀眾看PPT
你精心製作的PPT上的圖表,當然要好好介紹給觀眾:
This graph shows you..這一圖表向你展示了……
Take a look at this….看一看這個…
If you look at this, you will see看看這張圖表,你會發現……
I』d like you to look at this我希望你們能看一下這個
This chart illustrates the figures.這個圖表解釋了這些數據…
This graph gives you a break down of..這一圖表詳細解釋了…
給你的觀眾充分的時間來理解這些圖表,稍作停頓,然後再解釋為什麼這些圖表很重要。你可以使用以下表達: As you can see..就像你看到的那樣…
This clearly shows….這很清楚地顯示了…
From this, we can understand how/ why..從這裡,我們可以理解…
This area of the chart is interesting.圖表的這一部分很有意思…
四、總結
展示的最後,做一個總結,並且重複一下要點。
That brings me to the end of my presentation. I have talked about.到了整個展示的結尾了。我已經講過…
Well . that’s about it for now. we have covered
這就是我所要講的全部內容了,我們說過了…
So, that was our marketing strategy. In brief,所以,這就是我們的市場策略,簡而言之,我們…
To summarize,總結下來
That concludes our presentation.演示到此結束了
I am afraid that the clock is against us, so we had better stop here.時間到了,所以我們今天就到這兒將展示的總結詞與開場白相聯繫。
So I hope that you're a little clearer on how we can achieve sales growth of20%所以我希望你們清楚我們應當如何獲得銷售額20%的增長了。
To return to the original question, we can achieve返回一開始的問題,我們可以得出…
So just to round the talk off, I want to go back to the beginning when I asked you.
所以為了使這一討論更加完整,我希望返回到一開始我問你們的那個問題…
I hope I』ve managed to give you a clearer picture of..我希望我讓你們清楚地了解了…
I hope that my presentation today will help you with what I said at the beginning.
我希望我今天的展示能夠在我開始講述
的那幾個方面給予你們幫助
五、挑戰觀眾提問
⒈感謝大家,並邀請他們提問。
You have been a very attentive audience. Thank you.你們是一群很用心的觀眾。非常感謝。
Thank you for listening-and now if there are any questions, I would be pleased to answer them
謝謝你們聆聽,如果有任何問題,我會很高興來解答。 Thank you for your attention. i'd be glad to answer any questions you might have
謝謝大家的關注,我將很高興回答你們的任何問題。
重述一下問題是個聰明的辦法,可以確認你是否理解了問題,同時,給自己一些時間來思考。
Thank you. So you would like further clarification on our strategy?謝謝你,所以你希望我能夠對我們的策略做出更進一步的說明?
that's an interesting question. How are we going to get voluntary redundancy?
這是個有趣的問題,我們如何才能讓員工自願離職呢?
Thank you for asking . What is our plan for next year?
謝謝提問,我們明年的計劃是什麼呢?
⒉回答完畢後,確認提問者是否滿意。
Does this answer your question?
這是否回答了你的疑問呢?
I hope this explains the situation for you
我希望這能夠為你解釋這一狀況。
I hope this was what you wanted to hear!
我希望這是你想聽到的答案。
如果你不知道如何作答,就說不知道。
that's an interesting question. I don't actually know off the top of my head, but I』ll try to get back to you later with an answer.這是個有趣的問題,我一時還不知道答案,但我之後會儘量找到答案回覆你的
I’m afraid I’m unable to answer that at the moment. Perhaps I can get back to you later.
恐怕我暫時不能回答這一問題,也許過後我可以回覆你。
That’s a very good question. However, we don't have any figures on that, so I can't give you an accurate answer.非常好的問題,但我們還沒有相關數據,所以不能給你明確的回答。
Unfortunately,I’m not the best person to answer that
我並不是回答這一問題的最佳人選。