更多內容請百度搜索:可小果
Help here! Lend a hand! Anyone!
來人! 快找人來幫忙!
Constable Crane? Is that you? None other.
克萊恩警官? 是你嗎? 當然是了
Not only me. I found something which was lately a man.
不只有我 我還發現了一條屍體
Burn it. Yes, sir.
把它燒掉 是的 長官
We do not know the cause of death. If found in the river, it is drowning.
我們還不知道死因 在河裡發現的就是給淹死的
We might determine whether he was dead before he went into the river.
我們得查明他掉進河裡前是否已經死掉
I will need to examine the body. Cut him up? Are we heathens?
我要驗屍 把他切開? 我們是蠻人嗎?
What happened to him? Arrested for burglary.
他所犯何罪? 搶劫
Good work.
做得好
The millennium is almost upon us.
新的千年紀快將來臨
In a few months, we will be living in the 19th century.
數個月後 我們就踏入十九世紀
Yet our courts rely on medieval methods of torture.
然而法庭還沿用中世紀嚴刑逼供的方法
Stand down. I stand up, for sense and justice.
快退下! 我要為理智和公義發言
Ourjails overflow with men convicted on confessions worth no more...
牢獄有人滿之患 囚犯都因為被拷問至...
Constable Crane! This is a song we have heard from you more than once.
克萊恩警官! 你又在老調重彈
There are two courses open to me.
現在我有兩個想法
First, I can let you cool your heels in the cells, -
一是關你進牢裡 讓你清醒一下頭腦
until you learn respect for the dignity of my office...
待你學懂尊重我這個法官的身分
Why am I the only one who sees that to solve crimes, detect the guilty,
為何只有我一人相信 要破案緝兇
we must use our brains to find clues, using up-to-date scientific techniques?
就必須抽絲剝繭 使用先進的科技?
Which brings me to the second course.
這正令我有第二個想法
There is a town upstate, two days to the north, in the Hudson Highlands.
本州北部有一個城鎮 位處哈德遜高地 兩天行程
It is a place called Sleepy Hollow.
這個地方叫斷頭谷
Have you heard of it? I have not.
你對此有所聞嗎? 沒有
An isolated farming community, mainly Dutch.
是一個偏僻的農村 村民多是荷蘭人
Three persons have been murdered, all within a fortnight.
兩周內有三個人被殺
Each one found with the head lopped off. -lopped off?
死者皆被砍斷頭顱 砍斷頭顱?
Clean as dandelion heads, apparently.
砍的乾淨俐落
You will take your experimentations to Sleepy Hollow,
你可以到斷頭谷做你的實驗
and there you will detect the murderer.
然後找出真兇
Bring him here to face our good justice.
帶他回來接受法律的制裁
Will you do this? I shall.
你願意這麼做嗎? 我願意
Remember, it is you, Ichabod Crane,
伊卡布克萊恩 你記著...
...who is now put to the test.
現在接受考驗的是你
The pickety witch, the pickety witch, who's going to kiss the pickety witch?
女巫... 誰想給女巫一吻?
Is it Theodore? I am only a stranger.
是西奧多嗎? 我只是一個陌生人
Then have a kiss on account.
那就給你一吻吧
I am looking for Baltus Van Tassel.
我在找波特斯範塔索
I am his daughter, Katrina.
我是他女兒卡翠娜
We have not heard your name yet. I have not said it. Excuse me.
我們還不知道你的名字 因為我還沒說... 失陪了
You need some manners! Brom, we'll have no raised voices.
你真無禮! 布羅姆 別大呼小叫
It is to raise spirits in this dark time that I and my wife are giving this party.
我和太太開這個派對是為了讓大家暫忘困苦煩憂
You are welcome, even if you are selling something.
歡迎你 即使你是來推銷什麼的
Constable Ichabod Crane, sent from New York to investigate the murders.
警官伊卡布克萊恩 紐約派來調查兇案的
Then Sleepy Hollow is grateful to you.
那斷頭谷感謝你的到來
We hope you will honour us by remaining in this house.
期望你賞面暫居我們舍下
Come sir, we'll get you settled. Play on!
讓我們把你安頓好 繼續奏樂!
Excuse me.
失陪
Thank you. Please tell Mr Van Tassel I will be down in a moment.
謝謝 請你告訴範塔索先生 我待會就下去
I will, sir.
好的 警官
Thank God you're here.
你來了 真是謝天謝地
Ah, excellent, come in.
好極了 進來
Leave us, my dear.
親愛的 你先迴避一下
We are joined by Dr Thomas Lancaster, Reverend Steenwyck, -
他們是湯瑪斯蘭特醫生 斯廷威牧師
our able magistrate Samuel Philipse,
能幹的治安官山繆菲利斯
and lastly, this fine fellow is James Hardenbrook, our notary.
最後這位是詹姆斯哈登布魯 我們的公證人
And you, sir? A simple farmer who has prospered.
那麼你呢? 一個發了財的農夫
The town looks to me as friend and counsel.
村民皆視我為朋友和法律顧問
And landlord and banker. Can we proceed?
還是地主和銀行家 可以說正事了嗎?
So, three persons murdered...
那麼有三個人被殺了
First, Peter Van Garrett...
首先是彼得範加勒
...and his son, Dirk Van Garrett.
和他兒子德克範加勒
Both of them strong, capable men,
兩人都是強壯 有反抵能力的男人
found together... decapitated.
同時被發現... 砍掉頭顱
One week later, the Widow Winship.
一周後寡婦溫希普
Also decapitated.
也遭斬首
Now, I will need to ask you many questions,
現在我腦袋裡滿是疑問
but first let me ask, is anyone suspected?
不過容我先問大家 可有人是嫌犯?
How much have your superiors explained to you?
你的上司跟你說了多少有關此案的事?
Only that the three were slain in open ground,
說三個死者都是在戶外遇害
their heads found severed from their bodies.
發現他們身首異處
Their heads were not found severed. Their heads were not found at all.
不是發現他們身首異處 根本就找不到那些頭顱
The heads are gone? Taken.
頭顱不見了? 被拿走了
Taken by the Headless Horseman. Taken back to hell.
被無頭騎士拿走了 被拿回地獄去
Pardon, I don't... Perhaps you had better sit down.
對不起 我不... 你還是先坐下吧
Yes.
好的
The Horseman was a Hessian mercenary,
那騎士是一個黑森僱傭兵
sent by German princes to keep Americans under the yoke of England.
為德國王廷派去保持美國人受英國統治的地位
But unlike his compatriots, who came for money,
不過這騎士跟他那些為錢而戰的同胞不同
the Horseman came for love of carnage.
他是為滿足嗜殺心理而來
When battle was joined, there you'd find him.
有殺截的地方就有他的存在
He rode a giant black steed named Daredevil.
他有一隻黑色大戰馬叫不怕死
He rode hard into battle, chopping off heads at full gallop.
他在戰場上馳騁 砍下無數人頭
He had filed his teeth down to sharp points, -
他把牙齒都磨尖了
to add to the ferocity of his appearance.
令他的兇相更可怕
This butcher didn't finally reach his end until the winter of '79.
及至七九年冬天 這個屠夫才命絕
Not far from here, in our western woods.
就葬身在這兒附近的西部叢林
They chopped off his head with his own sword. Even today the woods -
他被自己的劍砍掉頭顱 即使到了現在...
is a haunted place, where brave men will not venture.
叢林還有鬼魅出沒 勇者都不敢冒險闖入
For what was planted in the ground that day-
他被殺那天 地下就埋了...
was a seed of evil.
邪惡的種子
And so it has been for 20 years.
如此就過了二十年
But now the Hessian wakes, cutting off heads where he finds them.
然而現在騎士醒來 到處砍殺平民
Are you saying... Is that what you believe?
你是說... 這就是你相信的事實?
Seeing is believing.
眼所見的就是事實
They tell me you've brought books of scientific investigation.
據說你帶了講解科學性調查的書來
This is the only book I recommend you read.
我倒建議你只需要看這一本書
Reverend Steenwyck, gentlemen...
斯廷威牧師 各位...
Murder needs no ghost to come from the grave.
殺人犯不會是從墓穴冒出來的鬼
We have murders in New York without benefit of ghouls and goblins.
紐約的命案可不是餓鬼妖精所造的
You're far from New York.
你身在的可不是紐約
The assassin is a man of flesh and blood, and I will discover him.
兇手是活生生的 而我一定會把他緝捕
Come out, devil.
魔鬼 快出來
His name's Gunpowder. He should do just fine. Thank you.
它叫火藥 它看來不錯 謝謝
Good luck, sir. You need any help, you call my name.
祝你好運 要幫忙的話就找我吧
Don't you worry about a thing. Everything will be just fine.
放心好了 一切都會無恙
Thomas, inside!
託馬斯 快進屋!
Run along for breakfast. Kiss your mother once for you and twice for me.
快來吃早餐 親阿娘一下 代阿爹親兩下
Murder! The Horseman's killed again!
命案! 騎士又出來殺人了!
All right, Gunpowder, we're off.
火藥 我們上路去
No, no, the other way.
不 是另一邊
Good horse.
好馬兒
Mr Miller, ride back for the coffin-cart. The rest of you, keep a sharp lookout.
米勒 召棺材車來 其他人留心監視四周
It's all right. I'm here now.
好了 我來了
The fourth victim, Jonathan Masbath.
第四個死者喬納森·馬斯
I see. And the head?
知道了 人頭呢?
Taken. Taken...
被拿走了 被拿走了...
Interesting. Very interesting. What is?
有趣 真是有趣 什麼有趣?
In cases like this, the head is removed to prevent identification of the body.
這類案件 頭顱被砍掉 是為免驗出死者是誰
But we know this was Masbath. Precisely. So why was it removed?
不過這就是馬斯 對 那他為何被斬首?
Why? Right.
為何? 沒錯
You have moved the body? You must never move the body. I did.
屍體曾被移動? 你們絕不可以移動屍體 -是的
Why not? Because.
為何不可? 因為...
The stride is gigantic!
步距很大!
The attacker rode Masbath down.
兇手把馬斯撞下來
Turned his horse. Came back to claim the head.
然後要馬兒掉頭 再取人頭
There's a chemical reaction.
有化學反應
It shows it was a powerful singular thrust to the neck.
這顯示脖子受到猛烈一擊
Interesting. What is it?
有趣 什麼有趣?
The wound was cauterised, as though the blade were red-hot.
傷口被燒過 劍鋒是赤熱火燙的